“Great Lodge of the Northwest”

Lake Quinault Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quinault
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 November 2010

My wife and I have been coming to this lodge for 32 years and in that time some changes have been made but none that have lessened our appreciation of how charming and lovely this lodge and it's setting is. The rooms are clean and beautiful but still have the old fastioned look to them. The lobby and its' fireplace has changed but feels the same, homey. The pool area was updated but actually looks more appropriate to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 November 2010

Your Lodge was very pet friendly, so we brought the pooch and we all had a great time staying at the Boat House. You dinner in the lodge was also outstanding!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We have stayed at the Lake Quinault Lodge a total of three times over the years, and....we have always enjoyed ourselves.

Granted, I have always done a fair amount of research before booking a room talking to the reservation desk about "their" preferred choices. Without actually knowing, I have the feeling that some of the rooms in the main (older) building could be on the small side.

The net result is that we have always ended up in one of the lakeside rooms. The lack of a TV and/or cell phone reception does not bother me in the least.

The lobby is GREAT...always a roaring fire. The dining options in the area are obviously limited, but...I consider the restaurant at the Lodge pretty good. I'm guessing here, but I feel that the management might be employing university students during the summer season. Personally, I think that's great so I'll write off the occasional slip.

Thumbs up for the Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We spent part of our honeymoon here 15 years ago and have returned many times. We love how the management has maintained the historic lodge with updates that fit the original character. We like the absence of phones and TV's, the way the place is set up to accomodate families away from the main lodge, the views Lake Quinault, and the general relaxed atmosphere of the place. We like how easy it is to walk just across the road for an enchanted rainforest hike any time of year. The Roosevelt Room has a skilled chef, good service and food. We like to play chess and ping pong and relax by the magnificent fireplace.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We left Tacoma at 2 p.m. and arrived at Lake Quinault Lodge at 5:30 p.m. -- just in time to relax on the deck before dinner. Stepping out of the car, one notices immediately the quiet stillness provided by tall evergreens. The air smelled of cedar and rich damp earth. Dinner was cedar planked salmon with a view of the lake. Dessert was marionberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. A walk along lakeshore after dinner. Next morning, breakfast and a hike along the Quinault Loop Trail set us in just the right mood for autumn.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I loved the location. The lobby of the main lodge is amazing! Roaring fireplace, huge leather couch and numerous leather comfy chairs. I stayed in the fireplace rooms (the most expensive), but it was so nice. I stayed on the second floor as the view is less obstructed. I took the tour around the lake, then went back to most places the next couple of days to do a lot of photography. I met some very nice tourists while there. I tend to travel late Sept, early Oct to avoid the crowds. First time in the Olympic Peninsula and happy with my choice. Food was also great in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Great location. Good food. Great view. Really nice to sit around huge fireplace and have a cocktail before dinner or read a book. Really enjoyed. Be sure to take the guided tour of the rain forest by one of their guides. Really worth the $25.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quinault
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
Rain Forest Resort Village
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#2 of 3 in Moclips

Been to Lake Quinault Lodge? Share your experiences!