We visited both Lake Quinault and Crescent Lake while on the Peninsula. In Crescent Lake we paid $200+ to stay in the National Park's Lodge. In Lake Quinault, we paid $120 to stay in the Rain Forest Resort Village (the lake Quinault Lodge run by the park service would have been over $240). We're glad we chose the Rain Forest resort.
We stayed in the "hotel" part of the Rain Forest Lodge, on the second floor. The room was old and musty, the bathroom was old and musty, the bedding ancient. But it was all clean, and the view of the lake across the street was fantastic (we stayed on the second floor). The restaurant was great (get the smoked salmon - or any salmon) and reasonably priced. The hotel has a laundry and general store - you check in a the little store. The people who work the check-in were the friendliest we'd met on our entire trip. They were enthusiastic and offered advice and maps.
The world's biggest Sitka Spruce was 1/4 mile away, the Rainforest trail (a must) a short drive. We visited the fancy lodge for cocktails and attended their "sasquatch fireside talk."
If you plan to spend time in a hotel room, I definitely don't recommend the rainforest lodge. In fact, I dont' recommend that entire part of the country. Sleep there, enjoy the people, the food, and the many nature trails.
When we visited all activity except for swimming was banned on Lake Quinault by the Indians who control the lake. I had hoped to take a boat tour run by the park service, but the serenity of an empty lake more than made up for that loss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A wonderful resort on Lake Quinault in the heart of the Quinault Rain Forest with fireplace cabins and suites, Village Inn rooms, the Salmon House Restaurant, a general store with giftshop and more. With a large lawn to the lake and trails to the rainforest, plan on the spectacular scenery. Come on and enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Rain Forest Resort Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rain Forest Resort Village Hotel Quinault
- Rain Forest Hotel Village
- Rain Forest Motel Village
- Rain Forest Resort Village Quinault, Washington