“Not welcoming if your not staying”

Cave B Estate Winery
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Quincy
Victoria, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not welcoming if your not staying”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went here to check it out because initially there was no available rooms for my dates. Days before my visit to this area a room became available but, with 3 guests and them not allowing 3 people in any unit other than the 2 bedroom, the over $800 a night price tag was a little much. Also the employee who phoned (we were on a wait list) was almost making the price up as she spoke. After only allowing 3 people in a 2 bedroom unit, they then wanted an additional $75 dollar fee for the third person, plus resort fee plus plus plus.
While at the gorge we went to have a look at this hotel and yes it is located in a beautiful place and very close to the Gorge. However I did not feel welcomed at all. Wanted to go to the restaurant for lunch to sit on the deck and enjoy the surroundings, the weather and a nice lunch. They had a set lunch menu, very limited, and my friend was interested in one dish but didn't want the goat cheese or cilantro but was told that there were NO changes allowed! We were told by the "hostess" that because they expected it to busy the chef had no time to make changes! We didn't want them to totally change the dish, just eliminate a couple of things from the sandwich, but NO, too busy, which they weren't. Because we were there and it was already 2 pm, we thought we could take these things off the sandwich and would stay for lunch. Upon requesting an outside seat, lots of seats inside and outside, we were told no the outside seats were for guests staying at the hotel only!
Ultimately we did not stay for lunch. THIS PLACE WAS NOT WELCOMING AT ALL and I will not be returning as I felt treated like a second class citizen by the $15 an hour non-hostess.
And by the way, miss hostess, I CAN afford to stay at your place but will not ever be doing so.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Value35

Spokane
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Winery/Restaurant/Resort 900 feet above the Columbia River”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Impressive setting for a winery 900 feet above the Columbia River on a high desert plateau located outside Quincy, WA. The Winery has a vast vineyard along with an excellent restaurant, unique accommodations including Cliffehouses, Cavern Rooms, Inn Rooms and Yurts with a SPA that offers a wide range of facials, body treatments and massages.
Definitely a "must see" when traveling to Seattle from the east or make a special trip and take in the concerts at The Gorge just a few miles from the winery.

Visited August 2014
A small town in Northwest Washington
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great views and location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

You can taste wines- good, but not great. You don't get the tasting fee back with purchase, but do get a wine glass. Large flight of whites and reds. Very friendly service and have a glass or bottle outside overlooking the gorge. Looking forward to staying at their inn sometime. Spectacular views of gorge and vineyards.

olympia, wa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Incredible view.”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Tasty wines and a killer view. If it's nice outside, definitely grab an Adirondack and soak up the scenery. The business side of me wonders why they don't have more stuff for sale in their gift shop? They're missing out. I liked their blanc de blanc a lot. Check it out.

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Impressive Stay!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We are currently staying the weekend here for a concert. We are staying in a Yurt which I wasn't sure how I would like it but so impressed! The staff is very attentive and this place has exceeded my expectations! Had a great breakfast this morning and soon we will go to wine tasting and relaxing by the pool, then of course the concert!

Visited September 2013