“Family friendly, great food, a lot of seating”
Review of Slater's Diner

Slater's Diner
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Raymond
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
“Family friendly, great food, a lot of seating”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Great service, loved the roast beef dip! Nice stop between Seattle and Seaside!! Our two year old loved it as well :-) well definitely be stopping again!!!

Montesano, Washington
“Great little place.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I've been dining here for a number of years and the quality of the food, the service, and the atmosphere has always been great. Their Calzones are great, but their Stuffed Taco sandwich is what keeps bringing me back!!
Whatever your taste, you'll find something on the extensive menu that will satisfy. And if all of that wasn't enough, you may even be served by Elvis!

• Visited December 2013
Paris, France
“Retro Diner - good food and service”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stooped at Slater's as it is one of the few places to eat on that section of US101. We were not expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised.

The interior is classic retro 1950s diner with all the memorabilia on the walls and the decor to match. The menu is extensive and the diner filled up a little after midday with locals which is usually a good sign.

I had a reuben - not the best that I've ever had, but really good. I askd the waitress for no dressing in the reuben - and it was served just as I wanted. My wife had a burger which was great too. The service was attentive and good.

I reccommend Slaters as a good place to stop on 101 - sure you're not going to get Michelin starred cuisine, but you get great food at a reasoable price and friednly service too.

• Visited November 2013
Kingston, Jamaica
“A little gem”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stopped by Slater's as we started our trip on the US 101 and saw this most attractive sign. We stopped and went inside this most attractive diner, dressed in a most tasteful retro design. We saw old street signs, an old telephone with a dial (!!), old burners in mint condition - just very in the era. Awesome!

The person who assisted us with the menu was so friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely delicious. There clam chowder was excellent. I'm still hankering for more having been to other restaurants along the coast. My grilled oysters and salad were really tasty, not overdone. My husband had the seafood trio and sweet potato fries. Very very tasty.

It was a great food start to our road trip and the meals were not too heavy on the pocket.

Would definitely stop there again. It's worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
Forks, Washington
“The old and the new”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The atmosphere is the classic 1950's diner. I had a classic patty melt on rye and it was very good. They had sweet potato fries as an option. I had them and was surprised to find they were some of the best I've ever had. They are so new on most menus that a lot of places haven't figured out how to cook them and it seems like they are frequently raw in the middle or burned (or both). There were perfect.

The place was packed when I got there and the staff, while friendly, knowledgeable and efficient, was slightly overwhelmed. One more person on the floor for the lunch rush would have been helpful. Still, they were clearly doing their best and I didn't have to wait very long.

• Visited August 2013