“Excellent Hotel For A Weekend Stay!! Seattle Alternative”

Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Decided to fly to Seattle for a few days to take some photographs and enjoy the weather I knew was coming. Didn't make any hotel reservations before the flight. Pulled pricing information from several websites and compared to see which hotels popped up. I'm familiar with the chain, I knew Redmond was near Microsoft (a very nice area) and I knew wireless and breakfast were included. I called the hotel directly and they matched the online cost of $70 per night.

Location: The location was fantastic in that it was worlds away from the hustle and parking fees of downtown Seattle, yet via highway 520, it is a straight shot to downtown in about 20 minutes. However, the Evergreen Point Bridge (part of hwy 520) can get very backed up in the morning commuter rush and when University of Washington has a game activity at the stadium, which I personally found out about today. Backed up for miles!

Nearby Amenities: There is actually a nice little shopping area next to the hotel and a short walk into this quaint village area will provide you with some local restaurants and bars.

Exterior: The hotel is in a complex with two other Marriott properly and they seem to share a couple of parking lots. Your room key provides you access to the parking lot. It looks modern, clean and well kept on the outside. The area is upscale and appears to be very secure.

Room: I got a studio suite and let me say that is was gorgeous. Night quality furniture, a fully equipped kitchen with stove, a bed that would smother you do death (figuratively speaking), clean and very modern bathroom. Some photographs are attached. There was adequate storage space in the closet and thought it was a studio, it was quite spacious to me. I was real pleased.

Other things: The front desk personnel were friendly enough. The place offers wireless for free and I had no problem getting and holding a signal with an ipod touch. Download speeds were good. It is not an encrypted network, so I would be cautious about what you send, receive and view. Next to the front desk they also have a computer for guest use. Last of all, they have a hot breakfast and yes, it was quite good. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes and make it yourself waffles (regular and blueberry) that turned out to be quite tasty. They have cold items like fruit, cereal, breads and so forth as well.

The rates at hotels in the city for the weekend were about twice as much. Plus the rates at the Residence Inn can be high on the weekdays. But you can't lose with this place for a weekend stay. You are a winner.

Oops! The photos have odd angles, because I used a tripod and didn't align it properly.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 June 2009

I stay at this hotel regularly as it's perfect for Microsoft. It has easy access to Redmond town centre for food and shopping, easy to get to the highway, free parking and free wifi in rooms (with a good signal) backed up by ethernet in all rooms.

Breakfast can be a little busy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2009

What a wonderful hotel. We stayed here for the wine and dine package. The hotel is a dream compared to others in the area. The room offers a mini kitchen, fully stocked and the room was impeccably clean, not the usual musty cheap hotel smell. For the price, you can't go wrong. The package included a $25 dinner voucher and free appy coupon at Matt's Oyster Bar and Grill located a few minutes walk right in the same complex as the hotel(Fabulous food- chowder to die for). Also a bottle of wine and vouchers for wine tasting at local wineries. You feel totally safe. Your car is in a gated bar area, with security cameras. Our car was stolen at the Days Inn- Kent, so we appreciated the security here. The hotel staff was wonderful, they actually made you feel like they appreciated your business. The hot breakfast was great, and such variety. We WILL go back again. It is located within the Redmond Town Centre and you can do some shopping with quite a variety of popular stores.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Stayed here over the past week. I had business at UW, which was a bout a 20 minute drive, but I prefer Marriott properties and this was the cloest available property at a decent price. Anyhow, it is located in the town center of Redmond. Lots of local restaurants to check out - within walking distance. (You need to go beyond the shopping mall.) Decent happy hour on Monday (local wine and cheese) and burgers and cold beer on Wednesday. And there is a full-service Marriott next door, if you want a beer or something.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for 7 months straight for business. The hotel is in a great location near the Redmond Town Center and just a few block from downtown Redmond.
The staff was great and knew me and my 20 + co-workers by first name. The rooms were nice, but not as nice as the newly renovated Residence Inns and nothing near a luxury hotel. It still had the pastel colors draped all over the room, otherwise it was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TuttoBene
Reviewed 28 August 2008

This hotel is in a great location in Redmond Town Center amongst many shops and restaurants so you can walk to any of them from the hotel. Free parking at hotel but pay parking at the more costly Marriott next door. Entire stay was problem-free; however, I did notice when arriving and departing the hotel after dark that the outside entry area and parking lot in general were extremely dark and it was a security concern to me. There simply did not seem to be enough lights in the parking area. Also, rooms are probably due for an update. But, overall, would highly recommend to business travelers staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fellowtraveler5
Reviewed 12 August 2008

My friend and I were staying the night in this hotel because my friend was getting married the next day. The parents of the bride had finalized all their reservations back in July. The parents had a whole set of rooms reserved( about 10). The night before the wedding we were scrambling and getting all kinds of last minute details done, so we were not able to check in until late the night before the wedding. When we arrived we told them who we were( the bride, and bridal party) and the representative told us we needed to give them a credit card, etc. However, all that information had been taken care of and finalized in July. The rep. said they did not have any records showing this information. So the bride, called her father to double check. As the bride was on the phone to reach her father. The rep was asking all kinds of questions regarding my friends wedding, which I found odd...thinking if she knew she was the bride wouldn't she be a little lenient knowing the situation? Anyways, the bride was unable to reach her father, and the rep would not help us out.

We left the hotel and ended up returning about 10 minutes later after finally reaching the father of the bride. I left the bride in the car because she already had enough on her mind. I went in after talking with the father, and told her who the father talked to at the hotel, the date of when everything was finalized, and still the reps said they needed the credit card. I ended up calling the father of the bride and he had to talk with the reps because I was getting no where. As soon as the father got on the phone, the attitudes and service changed dramatically. All the reps had to do instead of struggling with me was get out a binder that was on the counter and look it up by hand. I then received the key and went to the room. The bride sat down on the bed and I went to pull out the bed from the couch.. It had not been made..no sheets or any bedding done...just a mattress( there were 3 of us staying in the room). I went to the phone, but could not find directions on how to contact the font desk. I ended up going 5 floors down to let them know it was not made...when I told them the pull out bed was not made the rep told me " you make it yourself...linens are in the closet." I was so pissed. The bride and myself felt the hotel tried to make up for it by having a very good morning breakfast.

I am very disappointed and DO NOT recommend this hotel after all the hassle and poor service we received...and disappointed in the set up of the room we stayed in.

This is not worth the amount of money they ask for....i have received better service from places that cost $80 dollars a night.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends