“Great Hotel in a Quiet Neighborhood”

Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Hyatt House while visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Redmond. The hotel room was very upscale, clean, and quiet. Comfortable bed with plenty of pillows! It had a little kitchenette area that was very modern. The bar was fun and our bartender Mark was a great guy. The patio outside of the bar had a fireplace with plenty of seating. The breakfast each morning offered plenty of options and everything we ate was really good. We are early risers so we could walk in the park located outside the hotel which was very peaceful. We could walk to restaurants and stores too. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding in Redmond. If Redmond is your destination - solid choice. If Seattle is where you want to be - consider elsewhere. Positives are rooms are big, clean & the place is modern & relatively elegant (albeit familiar). The free breakfast is surprisingly great. I travel constantly & spend too much time being given complimentary breakfasts. They're all lame and/or the same, but this is a cut above. Variety, expansive & again - surprising good. Pool & fireplace are nice touches. Our room was a good price too. However this is no where near downtown Seattle. Ubers cost us anywhere from $20-48 each way. That's uberX pricing! You're 30-40 min from Pike Place Market if you hit zero traffic. And airport is no closer. So... mixed review. Would not stay here again. Seattle is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors & ones with kitchen. We were on 2 & stared at air conditioning units.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room was lovely, it was nicely laid out and the kitchen was very well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The staff met my minimum requirement for friendliness - the service was acceptable, but not outstanding in any way - check in was efficient, but not exactly warm. I called the front desk asking for a recommendation for a masseuse and the desk clerk said "I don't know, but I guess I could google something for you." I went out for the entire day, and when I came back in the afternoon my room had not yet been cleaned. At 5:30 housekeeping knocked on my door asking me if I wanted my room cleaned. At that point I was getting ready to go out for my evening and didn't want the intrusion.

The kids loved the pool, the breakfast was good, I appreciated the free parking and wifi. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel, I have stayed there multiple times. It is relatively new and modern and well equipped. The problem is that they have some rooms that are well below the standard such as the non-studio rooms that are smaller compared to what you get in other hotels and other rooms that are located right on top of the a technical roof with noisy compressors.

Compared to the nearby Residence Inn Redmond: the hotel is much more modern but rooms are smaller, especially as Residence Inn has only studio rooms. Another plus for Hyatt house is the pool which is small but good enough to have small stretch after a workday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MeirM_123
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear MeirM_123,

Thank you very much for your patronage to the Hyatt House Redmond while working in the area. I am very glad that you have found the hotel to be new, modern and well equipped including our pool. Most of our rooms are Studio Suites with full kitchens but it sounds like there have been instances where one of our Guest Rooms had been booked.

I do sincerely apologize if you experienced noise with the HVAC rooftop units during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Chief Engineer to ensure they are all working properly.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback we can utilize to improve our guest service. We look forward to your upcoming travels to Redmond.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

First time in this one and I must say BINGO. What a nice surprise. Very quiet, clean and affordable hotel within 10 minutes walking distance to Redmond town center and 20 minutes’ drive to downtown Seattle. Parking is free. Breakfast is included. Bathroom is nice and clean. Free Wi-Fi, swimming pool, TV, fridge, microwave. Just do not take rooms on third floor overlooking roof – 311, 313, 315, 317, etc.

Room Tip: top floor looking north west
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Sinisa C.,

We are so thankful that you were able to find us for your first visit to the Hyatt House Redmond. We sincerely appreciate the wonderful review on the hotel and look forward to your next visit to the Seattle area!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt House. We especially liked the location, with many nearby restaurants to choose from. It was in a very nice part of town. The only negative was the breakfast, which needed some improvements. Our "hot" food was cold and the pastries were stale. It wouldn't keep us from staying again, however as we really liked the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SuFuTraveler13,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Hyatt House Redmond. We are grateful for your feedback on the convenient location as well as our breakfast. I will share your review with our Director of Food and Beverage in order to ensure we are always producing the best quality food.

We shall see you on your next travels to the Redmond area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Truly bizarre hotel.
-- Have sort of suite rooms but you have to enter the bathroom to get to the bedroom.
-- No bathtub and the shower stall does not close so you get water all over the bathroom.
-- You trip over the molding around the sliding door to the small balcony so you can fall out (or over) the balcony.
-- The elevators are big but the area on the first floor in front of them is tiny and constantly congested.
-- The front desk staff when we checked in were snots and little if any help. The next day one woman was human and helpful so that is a plus.

Everything is sort of disjointed and off, kind of like Windows 8!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Drayton2,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I do apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and assists us in improving our service and property. I have addressed your feedback on the shower, sliding door, and elevator with our design team. I have also shared your review with our Director of Guest Services regarding your comments on the Front Desk.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.