“Okay but odd”

Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I expected this to be a business hotel. Perhaps that expectation was inaccurate? I seem to be the only business traveler here. There were a great many children and elderly people. The hotel has an odd feeling to it. The breakfast room with the blaring TV was particularly unpleasant. Internet access was free but it usually didn't work in my room. Parking was free but I had to drive around for quite a while to find a space. The room was an efficiency room with a kitchen area and the bed was nice. On the plus side, the blackout drapes were very good. There is a bar in this hotel but it closes at 10 PM. I am not sure what kind of bar closes at 10 PM. So when I arrived late, on a trip to go to a business meeting in the morning, the only food options were a small store run by the front desk. Overall this was not a very good experience but it was not terrible. The hotel generally has a kind of sterile feel to it. The service was acceptable but not proactive. The price was a good value compared to other hotels in the area.

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Business travel musts: fast, free internet, free parking, spotless room with extra comfy bed & soft, large bath towels, efficient service (check-in & out), well equipped room, on-site restaurant (preferably with bar and free breakfast), business center w/free printing and friendly professional service. This place has them ALL!

Hotel ambiance: beautiful, modern lobby with fast & friendly service. Lobby has comfy seating area with a fireplace & a nice restaurant area. Free breakfast buffet includes omelet station!

Room: huge suite with 2 TV's, living room/kitchen area are separate from bedroom (nice!), pull-out sofa bed, super comfy king sized bed and a large bathroom. Room includes a docking station for (older, non-lightning) iPhone!

Parking: free! But, I deducted 1 star because... parking is in a structure across from the hotel. structure is shared w/apartments and office complexes so it can be difficult to find a space. And, it's a very large structure - complicated to get in & out of and creepy at night. I didn't see any cameras and it's adjacent to an alley and trash bins.. kind of a creepy feeling.

Room Tip: Higher floors, away from elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ealaniz
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The is the only place I stay when I am in town for business. Free wifi and good breakfast! The restaurant / bar is good with amazing service! The rooms are nice and the bed is very comfortable. No room service but that wasn't a problem. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Hyatt House while visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Redmond. The hotel room was very upscale, clean, and quiet. Comfortable bed with plenty of pillows! It had a little kitchenette area that was very modern. The bar was fun and our bartender Mark was a great guy. The patio outside of the bar had a fireplace with plenty of seating. The breakfast each morning offered plenty of options and everything we ate was really good. We are early risers so we could walk in the park located outside the hotel which was very peaceful. We could walk to restaurants and stores too. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding in Redmond. If Redmond is your destination - solid choice. If Seattle is where you want to be - consider elsewhere. Positives are rooms are big, clean & the place is modern & relatively elegant (albeit familiar). The free breakfast is surprisingly great. I travel constantly & spend too much time being given complimentary breakfasts. They're all lame and/or the same, but this is a cut above. Variety, expansive & again - surprising good. Pool & fireplace are nice touches. Our room was a good price too. However this is no where near downtown Seattle. Ubers cost us anywhere from $20-48 each way. That's uberX pricing! You're 30-40 min from Pike Place Market if you hit zero traffic. And airport is no closer. So... mixed review. Would not stay here again. Seattle is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors & ones with kitchen. We were on 2 & stared at air conditioning units.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The room was lovely, it was nicely laid out and the kitchen was very well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable.

The staff met my minimum requirement for friendliness - the service was acceptable, but not outstanding in any way - check in was efficient, but not exactly warm. I called the front desk asking for a recommendation for a masseuse and the desk clerk said "I don't know, but I guess I could google something for you." I went out for the entire day, and when I came back in the afternoon my room had not yet been cleaned. At 5:30 housekeeping knocked on my door asking me if I wanted my room cleaned. At that point I was getting ready to go out for my evening and didn't want the intrusion.

The kids loved the pool, the breakfast was good, I appreciated the free parking and wifi. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel, I have stayed there multiple times. It is relatively new and modern and well equipped. The problem is that they have some rooms that are well below the standard such as the non-studio rooms that are smaller compared to what you get in other hotels and other rooms that are located right on top of the a technical roof with noisy compressors.

Compared to the nearby Residence Inn Redmond: the hotel is much more modern but rooms are smaller, especially as Residence Inn has only studio rooms. Another plus for Hyatt house is the pool which is small but good enough to have small stretch after a workday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MeirM_123
HhRedmondGenMgr, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear MeirM_123,

Thank you very much for your patronage to the Hyatt House Redmond while working in the area. I am very glad that you have found the hotel to be new, modern and well equipped including our pool. Most of our rooms are Studio Suites with full kitchens but it sounds like there have been instances where one of our Guest Rooms had been booked.

I do sincerely apologize if you experienced noise with the HVAC rooftop units during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Chief Engineer to ensure they are all working properly.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback we can utilize to improve our guest service. We look forward to your upcoming travels to Redmond.

Hyatt House General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 9 in Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Been to Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond? Share your experiences!