“Wonderful Experience!!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Murrieta, California
“Wonderful Experience!!!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I recently stayed for a night with the folks at the Meritage Meadows for the last night of our Honeymoon and we absolutely love it. The hosts were gracious and helpful and the property was beautiful and peaceful. My wife has some food allergies and our hosts were able to make a delicious breakfast without wheat for her. It's the little things that made all of the difference for us! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Meritage Meadows Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us! We are always happy to adjust our breakfasts to fit dietary preferences or restrictions. Glad you enjoyed the gluten free scones and breakfast I made.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I always use the Meritage Meadows for my friends to stay there and now people start to visit me more often as they miss the outstanding and surprising breakfast and the family style service of the Meritage Meadows!

The Bed and Breakfast is situated in a wonderful location by still being close to the city center of Redmond. The romantic style is visible in the furniture and the design of the rooms as well as in the wonderfully landscaped environement. You can find everything that you would find in a big hotel as well, gym, TV, wireless, modern bathrooms with all you can think of, but you are still in a small bed and breakfast with very customer oriented service and quiet atmosphere. I highly recommend trying it out! It is worth a stay or two.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Meritage Meadows is expertly managed by a great set of hosts. We were meeting with a group, and they made sure that we had everything that we needed.
The rooms are comfortable and lovely. The grounds are gorgeous, and the food is great.

Room Tip: We chose the room with the view of the yard.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We had the opportunity to spend 3 nights at Meritage Meadows Inn as part of a group who rented the entire inn for a retreat. We were really impressed with the lovely setting - who knew that one could be in such a peaceful country setting while just a few minutes from the urban Seattle/Bellevue area? This large home has comfortable private bedrooms with bathrooms as well as spacious, flexible common spaces to meet and converse together. My husband and I were in the Walla Walla room, separate from the main house by just a few steps, located over the garage - and it was ideal! We loved the privacy and quiet, not to mention the large space with all kinds of little touches that made it homey (perhaps even better than home!).

Bob and Karen were gracious, attentive, yet unobtrusive hosts who served plentiful and absolutely delicious breakfasts each morning. Yum! Fresh strawberries from the garden mixed with other fruits, creative hot dishes (stuffed french toast with apple syrup? yes!), and wonderful scones as well as a variety of tasty breakfast meats. Coffee, tea, cookies, chocolates, and other snacks are always available to take care of the munchies between meals (as if we needed more food).

The grounds are beautiful - our group loved meeting together in the large gazebo on a sunny afternoon, being served drinks and eventually a wine tasting by our hosts. The weather wasn't conducive to more outdoor activities, but I did eye the hammock longingly...

You will not be disappointed by choosing this Inn for any trip to the Seattle/Bellevue/Kirkland area or when visiting area wineries. You will find peace and quiet, comfort, and careful attentiveness to your needs by the hosts. Give it a try!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Meritage Meadows lived up to expectations and beyond. Natural wooded setting, convenient to Seattle or Woodinville, lovely restored home, and the usual B & B amenities. What especially pleased us? Absolutely delicious gluten-free apricot scones and cinnamon sticky buns at breakfast; bocce on the sunny lawn; fitness room with exercise machines; New York Times available each day along with plenty of other reading materials and cozy nooks to enjoy them; classical music; warmth and laughter and sensitivity to the needs of our 82 year old mother. Thanks to Bob and Karen for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Northern New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I am not sure anything I could say would do the Meritage Meadows Inn, and hosts Bob and Karen, any justice. This bed and breakfast exceeded all of my expectations, and it was the highlight of my time in Washington. I was in Washington for business and decided to stay at their B & B which is conveniently close to the business hub of Redmond.

My room was not only comfortable, it was luxurious. While it may sound simple, after traveling so much for my career, I found it refreshing that everything in my room not only worked but worked well - from the towel warmer, to the jetted tub, to the fan above the bed. Bob and Karen had also thought of everything a traveler, even a business traveler, may need – this made my stay stress-free and easy.

While the grounds are absolutely gorgeous, the best part of my stay was breakfast! Bob and Karen cook up a five star gourmet meal for their guests for breakfast. The meals were unique and flavorful, accompanied by homemade baked goods and fresh, sweet fruit. I can’t think about the breakfasts I had there too much, because I know nothing I cook can ever come close! If you took everything else away from what made the stay special, the breakfast alone was worth it!

As an added bonus to the stay, Bob offers a wine tasting every evening – and he himself is the winemaker! The wines are delicious and inventive. Coffee, tea and homemade cookies were available 24/7 and the gazebo they have for guests to relax in is the best! The Spencer’s also gave me some amazing ideas for sight-seeing while I was in the area. Having that caliber of advice is priceless!

Another important note is with regard to the hosts. Bob and Karen are the type of warm, outgoing people who make you feel comfortable right away. They are the kind of people who actually want you there and who want to be running a B & B. You would think this would be a precursor to managing a B & B, but after a few disappointing experiences around the U.S., I assure you it is not. The Spencer’s made me feel welcome, valued, and at ease in their home.

If I ever find myself in the Seattle area again, I will go out of my way to stay here. It was a special and memorable experience. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy some time here!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Yakima which has a view of the gardens and a soaking tub.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MeritageMeadows, Manager at Meritage Meadows Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Bob traveled world-wide during his career and when we set out to create Meritage Meadows, we wanted to take the best of that experience and create a comfortable place to stay and unwind. Thanks for the feedback. It is great to hear that what we did is enjoyed.
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My only regret was that we couldn't stay longer! My husband and I had to go to Seattle on business. While everyone else stayed at a big chain hotel in Bellevue, we decided to try a B&B. Were we ever glad we did! Bob & Karen were the most gracious hosts. The room was beautiful, as was the entire property. The breakfasts were amazing! On our last day out we had to leave super early, and Bob made us a basket of Raw Apple Muffins to take on the road...still warm! We are looking to visit Seattle for fun next time and will definitely stay here!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Redmond Inn
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Seattle Marriott Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond

Been to Meritage Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!