“Beautiful Area; Great Hotel”

Seattle Marriott Redmond
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here for only 1 night prior to our cruise sailing on the Celebrity Solstice. The Hotel itself is modern, decorative and clean. The rooms on the concierge level are small but for one night and it was clean I can't complain. The location is a bit far when sailing but I chose it because it had a lot of benefits to it. The hotel is surrounded by shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, movie theater etc. and all within walking distance. the area is beautifully surrounding with trees as well. The hotel does not offer a shuttle and I can definitely see why. I have no complaints at all about this hotel but probably would not choose this hotel if going on a cruise it is just too far away. Other than that if visiting in the Seattle area again I would make this my home away from home.

2  Thank Camarynok1

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights after returning from an Alaskan Cruise. King size bed was very comfortable, and the room was spotless. We were attending a west coast conference for Ligonier Ministry, and this was the a recommended hotel What a great choice. There was plenty of dining and entertainment within a five - 10 minute walk, which was perfect based on our reason for being in Redmond. The two people working the front desk on 7 June, Ben and Michael, were exceptional, in every way. Ben gladly helped us copy and scan documents we needed in order to put an offer in on a new house. Ben was engaging, and went through a detailed Q & A about why we stayed at a competitor hotel earlier on our trip. Michael was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction on dining and a car service to get us to the airport on our way home. Kudos to Ben and Michael for their professionalism and help. It was apparent to us they care about what they are doing and why they are doing it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MHRSRedmond, Front Office Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank-you for the taking the time to write a social media review about your stay at our property.

We really appreciate the kind words about our associates; Ben and Michael. We are very honnored to have such professional and dedicated associates on our team. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you will be able to visit us again in the future. Congratulations on your new home purchase!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel met the basics for us. Clean, comfortable, and quiet providing a good night's sleep. Highlight was the friendly helpful staff. I just don't understand why they have to charge nearly 13 bucks a day for internet . . . a rate that, on a daily basis, is about 13 x more than I pay at home. Internet today is a utility like electricity and hot water; are fees for that next?

Room Tip: Top floor has better views
1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. By comparison, I've stayed at the Residence Inn next door over 30 times.

On the first stay, a really foul smell started in the room late in the evening, which I eventually determined was coming from the hallway - like a cross between "wet dog" and "stale curry". I mentioned it to the front desk agent and he moved me to a room on another floor, though without actually acknowledging that there was a problem. The smell there was nowhere near as strong. I later received an email from one "Mollie Jones" soliciting comments about my stay, so I took the time to write about the smell problem and two other issues. However, there was no response whatsoever ... not even an acknowledgement.

I booked a second stay at this hotel some 5 months, figuring that my experience must surely have been a one-off. Unfortunately, while the "stale curry" aspect of the smell was gone, there is no question that this hotel has a problem with musty odors in its hallways - rather like some really old hotels have, except that this one isn't old.

Oh ... and one more thing, if you are a Marriott Platinum Elite member. You will receive your arrival gift at check-in, a choice between reward points and a card with a dollar amount to spend at the hotel facilities. However, the amount cannot be spent at the bar, ostensibly because it is prohibited by WA state law, meaning that the only way to 'spend' it is to eat at the restaurant. I didn't, and I returned the card to the front desk, where the agent pleasantly exchanged it for reward points.

In summary, Marriott rank this as a Category 7 hotel. I cannot imagine why; perhaps it is just the meeting facilities?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bcleopard
MHRSRedmond, Front Office Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience with mysterious odors during your visit. I am not exactly sure what would cause this situation but may have something to do with being built over an aquifer. Changing water table levels can result in generating a sulfir like smell put into the enviroment that may come into the hallways.

I apologize that this left a negative impression of our hotel with you and I am glad we were able to at least move you to another room that was better. We appreciate you business and your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I travel to Redmond monthly and always stay at the Marriott Town Center. I like that I can travel from the East Coast and arrive late and still find the bar and restaurant open for a quick glass of wine and light bite. It is also very convenient to amenities that allow me to maintain my usual work-life balance. Close to hiking/walking/running trails. Close to coffee shops and shopping. Close to good restaurants. Very convenient for me. It also has the comforts of a high end hotel. Nice décor and ambience. Only drawbacks is the workout room is very small and can be claustrophobic at times. Also, sometimes I detect a damp/mildewy smell when I am on the floor where pool is (request other floor). Also, no choice but to pay for parking. That seems unnecessary. Other than that, it will continue to be my go-to hotel on my monthly business trips.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The gentleman at the reception really is a super-star, and although I do feel the hotel is a tad overpriced, he definitely gave my stay here a really good start. The hotel is I guess exactly as you would expect, no surprises in either direction, very american size and style room, clean and in order.

The location is center of Redmond, for what it's worth. I am thinking this is really for business, for anything please I would definitely go more in direction of Woodinwille, for instance.

Did not eat at hotel.

If you want to save cost, the Residence Inn (also Merriot chain) next door offers better value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Marriott was adequate but nothing special for a rate of 269+taxes midweek. It's close to Microsoft and a fairly nice outdoor mall, but they nickel and dime you for everything - wireless is extra, good wireless is even more, parking is extra. There are newer hotels very nearby where these things are included. Room was on the small side and starting to look a little dated. Would have expected more for the cost. Will not likely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank watravelercs
MHRSRedmond, Front Office Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

I would like to apologize on behalf of the Marriott Redmond Town Center that we did not meet all of your expectations. I understand your impression that we are nickel and diming our customers. There is an added assumption that since we are in Microsoft territory that the costs to our hotel is even lower than other areas. Unfortunately, this is not true and with the rising demand of the consumer for higher quality and faster speeds these costs are passed along to the hotel. Much like the airline industry that you mentioned, rather than increasing the room rate for each room these services are separated out so that only guest choosing to utilize these services pay for them. We do offer free Wifi in all of our public spaces as well.

Marriott offers many brands to choose from. Like Best Western, we have brands that include free wireless Internet as well. These are the introductory brands that typically include breakfast. The pricing structure of these brands and the services they provide to the guests allow them to offer these items complimentary. The higher end brands typically have higher staffing models and offer more services such as on site restaurants and room service which increases the hotel operating costs.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts and your feedback is very valualbe to us as we continually strive to improve and meet the needs of our guests.