“Great fish and chips”

Ranked #38 of 241 Restaurants in Redmond
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: •Open everyday for lunch at 11 am until midnight Sunday & Monday, 11am until 2am Tuesday - Saturday. •Providing you with the most authentic Irish experience on the Eastside of Seattle •We've recently expanded our facilities! JJ's now offers a total of 13 TVs, including 10 55-inch flatscreens. There's also 70 additional seats and a fireplace. We have the ability to accommodate groups of all sizes, but be sure to call us for reservations. Come watch American football, European football, Rugby, or any other sport always playing on one of our TVs!
Duvall, Washington
“Great fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I went for lunch today and she had the Irish Burger I had the beer battered fish and chips. The Burger was cooked just right and had (Irish bacon?) and some kind of sauce that was great. My fish and chips were fresh cod, and I mean fresh! light batter and cooked to perfection. This was some of the best fish and chips I've had in a while. Both came with a choice of potatoes and we both ordered the fries so I can only comment on them, they were plank style and also cooked just right. I witnessed some home made potato chips and they looked good too. Cold Beers, good grub, Irish pub. Winning combo!

• Visited March 2014

Seattle, Washington
“everyone should have somewhere like this to go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is the quintessential cozy neighborhood bar. So many of my best memories of friendship, camaraderie, and great conversations revolve around coming here.

I've never had a bad meal at this place, the staff is always fast and polite, and the prices are pretty reasonable (especially for east king county). I've been here for just about every meal and have had north of a dozen visits in the last eight years or so.

By the way, the Kahlua chocolate mousse is a MUST! If I grab an early dinner at one of the fancier Redmond restaurants, I love walking here (on nice days, that is) for drinks and desert and ordering the Kahlua mousse.

I might be biased since there are many, many neighborhood bars like this all over America, but this place will always be special to me. Take my bias for what it is, I guess.

• Visited March 2014
Redmond, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

When we want to go out with friends and guarantee a great time, we always go to JJMahoneys! The food is great and the staff make the experience fun every time.

Visited November 2013
North Bend, Washington, USA
“J. J. Mahoneys: rib sticking lunch and dinners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

J. J. Mahoney's, located in the Redmond Shopping Center, is a great place to go to get a lunch or dinner that features a Americanized version of traditional food from the UK and Ireland.
The restuarnat features multiple large screen television for the sports fan and regularly features national and international soccer games for those who would like a regular taste of the world's game. Though not eschewing other American flavored sporting events, when the World Cup is in full blossom, this place is rocking with a true international feel for the sport.
From a food perspective, you can get get regular American-styled cuisine -- hambers and such that you would find at any bar-type restuarant as well as a full cabinet of liquor, beer, and wine (though as a bit of a beer snob, don't expect to find the best from Belgium).
There are several great treats from the menu, however, that include the English and Irish favorite Bangers and Mash, and my favorite, Cottage Pie.
Cottage Pie is the same a Shepherd's Pie and use to be listed on the menu as Shepherd's Pie -- but true Shepherd's Pie contains at least a bit of lamb. This is simply ground beef with vegetables that is topped by mashed potatoes and cheese.
The Cottage Pie is a nice change of pace from a hamburger or steak sandwich and will warm one's innards on a piercing cold northwest day.
Service is relatively quick -- though on a really busy Friday evening it can sometimes drag just a bit -- though it is nothing to be concerned of. The wait staff is friendly and do their best to serve the clientele at the a high level.
This is a nice, clean place to eat that has the soul of an Irish pub in the heart of Redmomd/

Visited October 2013
Redmond, Washington
“Favorite Pub in Redmond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I love the atmosphere here especially since they expanded the place. Good place to have a beer with a friend. My only complaint is the food menu...just not very exciting even for pub food. I think they can do better. But I will continue to go there for a drink after work!

• Visited September 2013

Been to JJ Mahoney's? Share your experiences!