“For a smoking establishment, my room did NOT smell like smoke”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“For a smoking establishment, my room did NOT smell like smoke”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I am always concerned when traveling to states that allow smoking in their establishments. However, while the Quality Inn in Renton Washington is a smoking establishment, my non-smoking room did not smell like smoke. Sometimes pillows or comforter absorb the smoke smell, but that was not the case here. The only area for improvement I recommend would be increased water pressure in the sink.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and were surprised at how dirty our room was. Our white socks turned black on the bottoms from walking on the floor in our room. The linens were old and scratchy. The bathroom was clean, but our toilet didn't flush properly so maintenance came the next day to fix it. The maintenance guy splashed toilet water all over the floor, then used our towels to wipe up the mess. He then left the towels on the floor and they were never replaced because housekeeping never bothered to show up. The trash bins outside the building were overflowing. Our room was non-smoking, but had a faint smell of cigarettes. Other reviews claim they had a great stay and their room was clean, but ours definitely was not. Maybe we got put in a dumpy room because we were traveling with dogs?? I would never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lia59

Travellers are raving about these Renton hotels

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I spent one night at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and good looks of the facilities. It is conveniently located by Highway 405, which also connects to I-5. You are just minutes away from the Westfield Southcenter mall where you can do serious damage to your credit cards ;). Really a nice shopping center. It is also minutes from downtown Renton, and about 25 minutes from downtown Seattle. I did not try the breakfast, so I cannot comment on the food, but the hotel is just next to a Shari's Restaurant that has awesome food and amazing pies! I will stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My travelling companion and I were visiting friends in nearby Renton and this motel was an excellent choice for access to the town and also to get on and off Hwy.405. Very large (no fee) parking lot surrounding the building. Rooms were the right size and had "split bathrooms" with the sink and mirror right by the entrance door and the toilet and shower/tub in a separate room. The only criticism was that the sink has been installed with one of those "nose-breaking" protruding taps that do not allow a close approach to the water in the sink. The Shower was excellent with an adjustable head and a bowed-out curtain for extra space.The room was well equipped with a Desk and Internet Port. T.V. worked fine. The "hanger rail" in the narrow closet was totally inadequate at about 18" wide. I need two to three times that length to hang shirts and jackets and the irony here is that the room was large enough to have it. There was a small Fridge and Microwave Cooker both of which are a very welcome assett. There were adequate Drawers for two occupants. Coffee and Tea was available on the counter. Desk service was great and apon inquiring about the Restaurants in town, the clerk delivered a written list to my room. Room entrance doors were solid with good locks and use a Card-Key. Security from outside was questionable as I found an "always unlocked" door leading to the hallways. Our rooms were pleasantly quiet with no indication of being close to a highway. The window opened enough to get adequate ventilation. The included Continental Breakfast was very good with an emphasis on health food. We enjoyed our stay and would choose this place again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Davewall77
Nootdorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for three night. I had a very nice room which was clean and big enough for me. I looked out to the highway but inside the room no loud noise was to hear. I had a really nice sleep over here. Breakfast was very fine. From the hotel is it very easy to travel by car further. Parking place at the hotel is big enough.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Securifire
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I needed an inexpensive hotel for one night and wasn't expecting much. Yes, it is an older property, but the staff was great and the room was spacious and very clean. The continental breakfast had more items than many I've had at far more expensive hotels. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Jefferson, Oregon
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I haven't checked out yet but I like my room. Stayed in this hotel a year or more ago, and seemed pretty good then too. It is quite comfortable; nice king size bed. Nothing special but nicer than "economy". Has a Shari's next door, decent place for dinner. And many places to eat in Renton, Washington (downtown), an easy 5 minute drive from the hotel.

Nothing special but I expect to come back when in the area. Less expensive than many other hotels in the area. Looks like the breakfast will be just so-so, and will probably hit Shari's.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott S
julian p, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for giving a good reputation. We are all thank you for enjoyed the visit to our hotel and taking time to share your positive. Our pride in providing exceptional service and value to all of our guests. Thanks again for taking time to let us know how we are doing and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Seattle area.

Julian Park