“home away from home”

Larkspur Landing Renton
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Renton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Best hotel I've stayed at in many, many years ! Makes you feel at home. Everything you need is available. The room is comfy and quiet. And the front desk people very helpful and charming. Will stay there every chance I get.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for one night for a business trip and ended up in the room with the full kitchen. I didn't need it or use it, but it looked nice. There was a full fridge, stove, cooking pots, utensils etc. in addition to all the rest of the normal room amenities. The room was good, clean, quiet, and comfortable. My only complaint was that the bathroom sink had a flow-restrictor on it that prevented the water from coming out at a decent flow rate that would all one to get their sink duties accomplished adequately. Other than that...not much else to complain about.

1  Thank Buzz L
Reviewed 22 November 2013

i just wanted to say i have stayed in many hotels and motels and this is a very well clean and professional ran establishment, the people behind the conter make you feel welcome and break the ice with some humor, Ashley & Megan & Ryan were the main women i dealt with that have made my stay very pleaseant, I would definitely recommend this hotel to all others and have responded back to my bose ( this was a business trip for me ) this is a great place to stay with friendly people to send others for our Paccar Kenworth classes here in Renton
thank you so much for a terrific stay
Corey Plant
Fontana, CA
Inland Kenworth

Room Tip: the executive suite was very comfortable, just the right size
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Larkspur Landing is your typical airport hotel. The rooms are surprisingly large with an en-suite mini-kitchen for extended stays, ample desk space for working, and comfortable beds. Even though we checked in late, the front desk had prepared some materials about the surrounding area and had our room keys ready to go. The breakfast in the morning is typical and includes bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffee, etc. We were using the hotel as a transit point as we drove out of the city, so its proximity to the airport and major interstates was very helpful. Overall, we would stay here again if we needed an overnight stay near the Seattle airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've stayed at this location at least 8 times since 1999 and it has not disappointed me yet. The location is a bit out of the way though if you do not have access to a car. There is no onsite restaurant, but one of the neighboring hotels does have one or you can just drive about 7 or 8 minutes to the Southcenter Mall area to the east where there are many eating choices available. At night, this is especially relevant, so make sure you bring some yummies back to the hotel just in case or you will have to pay for their overpriced frozen dinners on sale in the lobby.

If I'm not staying in downtown Seattle, this is my hotel of choice as there is ample free parking, free internet, free laundry and their rooms have a kitchen with microwave and fridge. Access to the I-405 is also nearby. Downtown Seattle is about 20 minutes away via the I-405 and then transitioning to the I-5 north.

My latest visit to this property was near the end of July 2013 when my family and I were on the last leg of our Oregon and Washington road trip. We stayed 2 nights and found our accommodations more than adequate for me, my wife, and 6 year old boy. Booking our room through Orbitz yielded us an extremely large handicapped room but we were OK with that. The only minor annoyance was the roll in shower as the water from the shower easily found it's way onto the bathroom floor. No problem as lots of towels were available.

For a free continental type breakfast, it was very good: cereal in individual containers, cold cuts, cheese slices, muffins, waffles, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. Check out the photos. There is also a Burger King about a mile south of the hotel near the 167 freeway entrance if you desire a fast food type breakfast instead.

As noted earlier, we were given a handicapped room but it was extremely spacious and was larger than my friend's 1 bedroom condo. We stayed on the top floor and even had a balcony that looked to the north. It's not much of a view, but it's nice to be able to access some fresh air in your room if you wanted to. Overall, the room was clean and comfortable.

If you've got kids, Family Fun Center is also nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was an emergency booking when I lost power at my Seattle area home. Since I had to take my paraplegic dog with me, I needed a dog friendly hotel. I used bringfido.com to find the Larkspur and took a chance based on the hotel website photos. What an unexpected surprise. The Larkspur was not only dog friendly, it was impeccably clean and very well appointed. It will be my go-to local hotel whenever the need arises!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was greeted immediately upon entrance to the hotel by a very pleasant gentleman. I had my keys in hand and off to my room within 2-3 minutes. The lobby was clean, with a nicely furnished common area (like a cozy living room with plenty of seating), complimentary fresh brewed coffee (& other assorted hot beverages) and basket with fresh fruit. My room was pretty clean for the most part and had modern decor. I say pretty clean in part, because I'm a clean freak that is almost obsessive, but there were smudges on a couple of the light switches in the kitchen area and there was, what I assumed to be pink ice cream, on the the inside of the freezer door.

In fact aside from the little "smudges", I was very pleased with my stay and I believe that I found a nice little secret get away for when I need a break from the hubby, kids and life! We live less than an hour away, and our stay was a break from the kids and a chance to slow down and enjoy life.

PS The room even has a dishwasher. And as for the reviewer that said the room was dark, hotels are for sleeping, and most people do that at night, and if they have the benefit of sleeping in, it is also best done in the dark. I think most hotels are dark, for specifically for that reason. ;)

• Stayed: November 2013