“Well kept and well appointed”

Larkspur Landing Renton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Renton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colbert, WA
“Well kept and well appointed”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The service was very good with no problem (other than the computers were down); the facility was very clean and the room was very well appointed. I liked the tile with an appealing pattern in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was basic and serviceable. The breakfast was also basic but enough choices for all. I will return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ColbertGD
Thomas H, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Renton, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Mr. ColbertGD,

Thank you for the positive comments, they really help to keep everyone motivated and working hard. I am glad the team was able to take good care of you even with a system outage. We look forward to your next visit to the Seattle area.

Thomas Hughes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Finnish first
Longview, Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stay here a lot when I am in our Renton office, which is just next door. I love the beds and the feather pillows. I really like that I can go to the grocery store and cook my own food since the kitchen is fully stocked. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a continental breakfast every morning, warm cookies in the evening, free DVD movies to borrow, an onsite laundry, a hot tub, and an exercise room. It is dog friendly which allows me the chance to get my 'dog fix' when I am away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor have balconies. Try to get a 1 bedroom suite because the extra space is n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lyn S,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to your next trip to Renton. We love when our guests bring their four legged friends as it makes everyone's day a little more fun. Thanks again.

Renton, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Maria at the front desk was rude to me, my husband and his co-worker. She argued with us and made my husband repeat his corporate card number and credit card number twice on the phone and also his coworker. Then stated to me that she never got the corporate number and that she wouldn't let me check in because she didn't get the corporate number from my husband and that he didn't tell her my name. She said I would have to wait until my husband arrived to check in, I said he wouldn't arrive until about 4 hrs later. She shrugged her shoulders and said that she couldn't check me in without the card. She also stated she would have to manually enter the number. I told her she could scan the card when my husband arrived and she said that she needed the card in her hand. I asked her if there were 2 people scheduled for this room, she said yes, but said my husband never told her my name, she still wouldn't let me check in. I told her that my husband would call her with the numbers and tell her my name. She told me that she will let me check in only this time as an exception but wouldn't do it again for us. I told her I would never come here again. When my husband came in she told my husband that he had to wait 5 minutes before she would check him in and was not pleasant in the tone of her voice. Then after my husband came to the room she called him back to the desk to scan the corporate card. We were not welcomed to this hotel. The room is nice and hopefully a good bed. but rude and lying staff are not appreciated or tolerated. The other worker at the desk was very pleasant. It is close to the airport and has a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pearlmv
Dear Pearlmv,

I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles experienced during check-in. My Front Office Supervisor, Temara, informed me she was able to discuss the issues with you and find a solution. I do hope the rest of your stay was much more enjoyable. Thank you again for keeping us informed.

Kalama
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here while dh was testing 5 minutes away for his LPN State Licensing and was quite pleased. Brought our 10 y.o. and played at the Family Fun (Bullwinkles) during the evening, shopped and ate at the Uwajimaya, used the OUTSIDE hot tub and well stocked gym. We borrowed two family movies from the front desk, snagged a few yummy chocolate chip cookies (and tea) before retiring to our quiet and comfy room. The bed was luxurious, the room CLEAN and the staff was cheerful and helpful.

We pay the extra $$ to get exactly this type of service and amenities. Definitely worth the value! The only real PAIN (literally) was the cheap t.p. that is used made all three of us break out (we are used to extra soft...I would recommend they do the same, it sure shows they invest in their customers in these little things. No shampoo (asked at the front desk, they said they were out, but we found a bit at the bottom of our bags, so no problem), rusty sink drips under the bathroom (reported) and the kitchenette faucet came completely off (again, reported when checking out), but all of these things we felt are benign. We will definitely come back and highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JerryandJina E
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed this hotel from march 14 to 16 2014 I liked the place, the front desk employees are nice and warm. I have one incident to report here. There is a fee that they charge when you check called incidentals which will be put back in 2 business days. The money was not put back 2 weeks after I left. I called to speak with the General manger and I was surprised by his attitude. he was angry, rude and condescending. I am frequent traveler and I have never seen anyone that rude in my life. The ratings of this hotel may be holding high now but that will not be the case if this guy does not change or brush up his customer skills. By the way his name is Thomas incase you are interested HE IS REAL BLEMISH on the name of this fine place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank massnur
Thomas H, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Renton, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Sir,

I am sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the service I provided. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further assist you and perhaps change your opinion. If the hold has not dropped off your card I would be happy to contact your bank to expedite the process, I assure you the hotel has released the funds.

Kind Regards,

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 2010 new years and also 2011 new years. I got lucky both times they was having a promo and i was able to get an executive suite for a little over 100 dollars,worth every penny. Stayed three days both times. Both times there was parties going on there,little noisy in the lobby area. The lady at the counter was very nice and answered all my questions.The room upon entry was great, had a kitchenette, fridge, two flat screens , one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The bed is super soft, once you lay in it you do not want to get up. The living room has a pullout sofa that can be converted to a bed. The bathroom was clean and roomy with sliding door and bathtub. The one thing i did notice that i didnt like was there was a spoon in the drawer that looked like someone wet it and then dipped it in sugar and placed it back in the drawer, that was the 2010 stay. It was clean for the 2011 stay. The floor i stay on was good,it was on a higher level because, even though there was a party going on both times,it was very quiet. There are cookies made though out the day at the lobby. They have like a continental breakfast self served with many different choices. You can wash your cloths across from the lobby area for free. They have a nice little workout room also and of course the hot tub out back threw the gym. It was cold outside but i still used it, want to get my money's worth..lol Overall i love this hotel and will always come back as long as the service is still good. This place is relaxing..... also i wanted to say this review is for 2011 and 2012 but there is no option for it on the when did i travel section, i think it only goes back two years, so i just picked a date but the true date is in the review... Just had to review this place and let people know this place is great....

Room Tip: choose a room on the higher floors, no noise
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dvonte
Mr. Dvonte,

Thank you for choosing to spend your new years with us and for the great review. We appreciate the continued business. I am happy to hear the other guests did not prevent you from sleeping. The hotel has actually established a "No Disturbance Policy" for just such situations as we like all our guests to sleep well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel, although not close enough to walk to restaurants (at least that I could see) and shopping, was close enough that it only took a few minutes to drive to a very good selection of restaurants and the large Southcentre shopping centre. The rooms were very comfortable and roomy. The small kitchen in the room (with a small dishwasher!) provided us with the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing meal we brought in and a glass of wine without having to worry about driving anywhere. The staff were very pleasant the the rooms clean and comfortable. The breakfast provided was good. I will stay there again when in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank macsbunch
Dear Macsbunch,

Thank you for taking the time to let us, and others, know about your stay at the hotel. You are right in the fact there are no restaurants within short walking distance. For our guests convenience we offer a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel as well as to the airport. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Thomas Hughes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#10 of 12 in Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Been to Larkspur Landing Renton? Share your experiences!