“Close enough to Seattle”

SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed 19 May 2008

We checked in an hour early from arriving at the Sea Tac Airport--which was really nice! We stayed here because it was close to Seattle without staying downtown Seattle.

Location:
We drove about 20 minutes to downtown Seattle....traffic was kind of bad. There were a lot of restaurants in Renton; however, we decided to eat in Seattle.

Hotel:
Clean and good location. The front desk was friendly and helpful! 5 adults stayed in one suite. It was perfect because we were here basically to sleep. Springhill Suites had an indoor pool and exercise room--however the exercise room fills up early on a weekday. Included in our night stay was breakfast....they offered muffins, bagels, waffles, cereal, fruit. It was yummy and enough for us!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 April 2008

We had a one night stay at the Springhill Suites in Renton and found it quite enjoyable. This was our second time at this property. We are a family of five so parents had one bed, oldest kids another and son was on the hide-a-bed. A bit cozy but it worked, especially for the evening. We had several errands to run around the city so Renton was centrally located for Bellevue, SeaTac and Southcenter Mall for shopping and running to the airport. We were there on a Sunday evening and it wasn't overly crowded. The continental breakfast was very good and wasn't overrun with people as they can often be. They had a person who was working hard to keep it clean and well stocked also which isn't always the case.
We used the swimming pool which was clean and well kept. The fitness room was fine. The 'girls' like the shopping at Southcenter, us boys got to stay in the room and watch NCAA basketball and then there are a number of options for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ExpeditionMan
Reviewed 17 April 2008

Stayed there for 1 night before a 6am flight from SEA. I had to receive 2 overnight FedEx packages at the hotel but the receptionist handed me the packages without any problems upon check-in.

The hotel is very isolated from any fastfood, restaurants, shops etc. It's really nothing in walking distance. I didn't have a car so I asked the reception to call a taxi for me to get something to eat. The SouthCenter mall area was about $30 cab ride (around trip) . I think they have a free shuttle service before 7pm, but other guests already booked the shuttle to go to a Walmart before me so I couldn't get the free shuttle.

But the hotel room was clean and big and with this price ($89 on a weekend night), I think this place is a good deal. My flight was leaving at 6pm next morning, and I was the only one leaving at 4am, but they paid a taxi for me to go to the SEA airport instead.

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 27 February 2008

We stayed at this hotel near Seattle as downtown hotels were quite expensive. It was a little difficult to find at first as you kind of drive through the boonies. But once you find it the location is actually quite close to the city and near highways. The room was great with two queen beds and a sitting area with a sofa bed, two tvs and a small kitchenette with a small fridge. We tried out the hot tub downstairs but the pool area quickly filled with kids. Overall i've been quite impressed with Marriott hotels.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2007

Apart from noise during the night, which made it hard for me to sleep, the hotel quality was good. Breakfast is good. So are the beds. Overall it is a nice place to stay. if you stay here, maybe dont stay on the top floor, as this is where the noise seemed to be coming from.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenton K
Reviewed 31 August 2007

I booked a room with a king-sized bed to be near a business conference in Renton. Big mistake - I changed rooms to the Marriott Courtyard in Tukwila (much better). This location is isolated, not near any restaurants, etc., and very difficult to get to from the freeways. The room was small and strangely shaped. The big problem was that the AC was right next to (maybe 18 inches max away from) the bed. That meant I had two choices - leave it off and get hot or leave it on and get cold air blown right across me. In the evening I asked for directions to the Southside Mall, and was given an incorrect route and inaccurate map. Oh, and when I went to change rooms, I was told that if I checked out by 4:00 I would be OK. I left the conference early, checked out by 3:50, and they charged me for half a days stay - wouldn't honor the desk clerk's statement to me over the phone.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank CobolKing
Reviewed 31 August 2007

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in August 2007. When we arrived at our room we found several stains on the bathroom wallpaper that appreared to be feces. The carpeting also had unusual stains near the bathroom. We immediately contacted the desk and they said that we could move to another room, however their only comment was that the housekeeping staff was "subpar." The desk clerk said that he would notify the manager but we never heard from him/her. Our next room had a musty odor and also the room air conditioner blew directly onto the second queen bed making the bed unusable unless we turned off the air conditioner, which we did, although it made the room hot. We received no other reponses or apologies from the management. Although we only stayed one night, the stay was not consistent with the quality we usually associate with Marriot.

On the plus side the breakfast was very good and the shower was decent.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple