“Nice stay on average price”

TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Overall it was average experience at the price I paid. I only stayed one night didn't get much to explore but few observations - there was no drinking water available , breakfast options were not much too.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AjaySethi2710
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel first of all had a very rude front desk clerk. The pool is outside, and not heated. I wonder how that ever makes it usable in Seattle? The rooms are so close together that when neighbors make noise it sounds like there standing in your room. There is supposed to be a free airport shuttel, but the driver was unavailable. Bottom line is that there are many places to stay close by that are much nicer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonathan J
TownPlaceRenton, Manager at TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn’t up to our standards and we do apologize for this. We try very hard to make sure all of our guests have the best stay possible. We have looked into the issues that you had and are doing everything we can to correct these issues. Here at TownePlace Suites we take your feedback very serious and take every action to correct any issues that you may have had during your stay. We thank you for staying with us and hope that you will return to the property so that we can show you the customer service and hospitality that you deserve.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Although a Marriot property don't expect a top of the line hotel. That being said, for the price point it is a good place to stay. Nice rooms, safe and well located for a jumping off point for all of the Seattle area. Their free breakfast was not all carbs like most and offered some protein that will fill the AM void. Clean rooms and a nice kitchen for a longer stay. Friendly staff that will accommodate reasonable requests. The property is located with several other properties and is at the end of the entrance. Our room was next to the pool and for this time of year was quiet and comfortable. It is a Marriot so you earn points for staying. Excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Commodore2010
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Be sure to check the directions and address carefully as this hotel is in a complex with three other hotels that share parking lots.

When I was there they were remodeling the lobby and breakfast area.

The hallways were dimly lit and they smelled musty. The rooms were very clean but had outdated cabinetry and trim in the rooms. The bed was comfortable, the rooms were clean. A nice place to stay overall

Room Tip: Check your directions carefully to avoid trying to check in at another hotel within the same complex
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CougRN
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Friendly staff, nice enough, well-appointed rooms and amenities, decent breakfast. Traveling alone as a woman, I feel very safe here. Have stayed here several times and would recommend it to anyone. The laundry is a nice addition. Definitely need a car if you want to go anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jpf79
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 full weeks on a business trip.
Nice Spacious Rooms with connecting rooms.if.requested.
Good Grab and Go Breakfast to start your day.
Laundry machines available.
Free Wifi at all locations.
Airport Shuttle and to a near Walmart but only on specific hours of the day.
Might need a car if you want to move around the area.
Parking area available.
Friendly and courteous staff.
Hallway's a bit dark and needs improvement.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Arvin D
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I live in the Seattle area (in Redmond) but stayed here to take advantage of the "Park Here Fly There" program offered by this hotel . . . by which you can park for up to 2 weeks in conjunction with a stay. I did the math for my 8-day trip to China and figured if you consider the price of long-term parking at the airport, the hotel room was exceptionally cheap and hence offered an attractive option to ease the stress and hassle of departure morning.

The property itself was nice. The exterior is appealing. Public areas and my room were nice and clean. The place was quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable. The fitness center was a bit small (and very hot despite the fact that it was November and the window was wide open); if I recall correctly, there were 2 treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bike, and some free weights, but it was high-end equipment in good working order including personalized TVs at each piece of equipment. Internet access is free and easy to get online. TV is positioned in a somewhat awkward location; at your back if you are working at the desk.

The complimentary breakfast was typical fare for a mid-tier hotel . . . nothing special but OK . . .prefab eggs and sausage patties constituted the hot offering on the morning I was there. Additionally, there were cold cereals, yogurt, fruit cuts, and cheapo bread & bagels.

In the morning of my departure, the airport shuttle operated on the hour, which suited me just fine. What ticked me off, however, was my airport shuttle experience upon RETURNING to Seattle (I needed to ride the shuttle to return to the hotel to get my car). As instructed, I called the hotel after collecting my baggage. I was told the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes. OK, not ideal, but tolerable, and understandable considering that the hotel is actually ~5 miles from the airport and involves a few stoplights. After 25 minutes, still no shuttle. I called back to make sure there was no issue and was told that the driver "had to pick somebody up at the mall, was stuck in traffic, and would be there in 5 minutes". About 12 minutes later, the shuttle finally arrived. So net net I waited 37 minutes for the shuttle (verified from my cell phone log), on a fairly raw and chilly day after having flown all day from China, very tired and just wanting to get to my car so I could drive home and shower and rest. 37 minutes is just not an acceptable wait time for an airport shuttle, especially after being told it would be 15. If the wait is going to be over a half hour, I might not like it, but it would be better if they would just level with me and then I could wait it out somewhere far more comfortable than watching bus after van after bus after van from the cold, drafty, fume-y, noisy parking island.

One other note: although there is an abundance of shops and restaurants within 2-3 miles (including the large Westfield Southcenter Mall), there is virtually nothing within an easy walking distance, so keep that in mind if you're staying here without access to a car . . . though apparently the hotel can take you to the mall in their shuttle van as I witnessed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo