Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton
TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton(Renton)(Great Value!)
US$134
Clarion Hotel(Renton)(Great Value!)
US$96
ClarionHotels
US$123
Larkspur Landing Renton(Renton)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$179
US$170
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfour monthsfull kitchenthe young ladycooking utensilsinstant oatmealfront desk personnelclose to downtowncouple nightssafe areacoffee cupsnice place to staystayed for nightsroom was spaciousexercise roomquiet hotelqueen bedlight rail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Rooms were well appointed, comfy, clean, and spacious. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly consider this hotel again on a future trip to Seattle. Good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel is just ok. They need to improve their service. I had to wait 5 minutes before anyone came to the counter to acknowledge me. Yet, I could see people in the back. Five minutes is not so bad, but when you have driven 8+ hours it seems bad. I've stayed in many budget hotels as I drove across the country and the best is when someone greets you and gets you to your room quickly.

My other complaint about this hotel is that you have to leave a $100 deposit. It is not a hold on the amount like some hotels, it is an actual charge. I've stayed in more then 30 budget hotels in March and April of this year and this is the only hotel that did something like that. I just don't know why it was necessary. I can understand a owner's interest in protecting their property, but there are always risk in business, and I don't believe it is worth the inconvenience to good customers.

On the positive side, I found the hotel clean and affordable. It is a quick drive to the center of Seattle. Also, you can walk about .25-.50 miles and catch a bus to the center of Seattle (travel time is about 20-25 minutes).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VictoryTraveler2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I sincerely apologize for the booking issues during the check-in process and the level of customer service displayed by some members of our staff. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and reservations policy to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ren@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

It is nice to know that you can enjoy such a nice accommodation for a short stay as well. The room was very clean and inviting. The location was very close to the area we are hoping to move to, and we will recommend this hotel to our visiting family members.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel in for 7 days in March 2014. The checkin process was quick painless and thanks to another reviewer I knew about the $100 deposit for "incidentals." I was checked in within 5 minutes. Front Desk staff was super nice and even called the room to make sure everything was good. The room was practically brand new when I walked in door. Carpet was clean, bed was clean, kitchen and bathroom were spotless. I never had the grab and go breakfast but seemed a nice little touch. Having a kitchen was nice since it saved a ton of money on eating out. I only have two complaints about the kitchen, number one, my toaster didn't work. Bummer no toast. Still not a big deal. Number two, the can opener provided destroyed itself on a can of soup. I just bought a new one and replaced it for them.

My praises for the hotel could go on and on. But I do have a couple minor issues that are really beyond the control of the hotel so YMMV. #1 The other guests. Some of them were a little shady. At one point I had a guy who appeared drunk or high trying to use his keycard to get into my room. Another day a guy bangs on my door at about 4pm, demanding to know where his "woman" is. LOL. I opened the door to let him know it was only me in there. He apologized and wandered off. My final night there I had the pleasure of the people in the room across the hall from me wanting to argue.

Did I feel unsafe? Not really. Even at the best hotels you get people doing weird things. The hotel staff was great at making sure these disruptions were minimal. Oh yeah at one point the did have to turn our water off to fix a leak in the building someplace. But they provided ample notice.

Room Tip: As the hotel seems to be doing a remodel/repair/upgrade please bear with the noise during the day. It's over by 5pm and doesn't start until 8am.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin K
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Kevin,

Thank you so very much for your great review of our property. I'm happy to hear that the hotel and room was satisfactory to you. I'm also pleased to hear that the staff did there best to take care of any concerns that occurred during your stay. Your feedback will be very helpful as we strive to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place was relatively inexpensive when we booked it on an online discount booking agency, but I will not choose to stay here again. We arrived late after traveling from the east coast. The front door to the 24 hour lobby was locked and we couldn't see anyone at the front desk to let us in. They have a phone to use to get the clerk's attention. We checked in but they claimed that they had not received payment from our on-line booking agency and that we needed to give them a credit card.
Our room was clean, and not a bad layout with a couch, coffee table, desk, bed, two bedside tables and TV stand with flat screen TV. We checked in too late and checked out too early to use the kitchen.
They claim to have a breakfast. I would not call their offering even a contextual breakfast but they do offer food. A chewy granola bar, or an oatmeal to go bar with no fruit, the coffee was out and they had not refilled it. We did grab a couple of granola bars then left in search of somewhere to have breakfast.
At check out they tried to tell us that because we checked in after 11pm, (even though it was before midnight) we had technically checked after they had closed out their books for the day, and would have to pay their regular rate. We asked if they received if they had received payment from the on-line booking agency and they said they had. They didn't charge us extra.
Renton is a very diverse area and this hotel reflects the community. The hotel seems to be more like temporary housing for people living in the area. It seemed that they had some security issues in the past.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room; however, I want to apologize for the confusion regarding your payment during your stay with us. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very helpful as we strive to improve our guest experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.