“Quite satisfied”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Renton
“Quite satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I've stayed here a few times before and will certainly plan on staying here again. It is economical with a location that makes travel to either Renton or Seattle doable. The breakfasts are nothing to speak of, rather boring cereal, toast and Costco muffins, but then Denny's is in walking distance. Also Starbucks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Rachelle C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Probably one of the worst hotel experiences of our lives.... But lets start at the beginning: we arrived at 1.45pm and wanted to check in, bit we were told that check in won't be available until 3pm - fair enough. But when we asked if we can leave or luggage somewhere we were handed over the room keys and told that we can put our stuff into one corner of the room. Completely arbitrary!

Then the next day we spent the day in downtown, upon our returned we noted that the room hasn't been cleaned. We desperately needed some fresh towels and bed sheets - so i trolled down to reception to inquire about the situation. 15 mins later a knock on the door and someone dropped off a couple of new towels and sheets. No explanation why the room hasn't been cleaned nor Assistance with the sheets! For the first time in my life i had to put on sheets in a hotel room.

Nevermind. Next day on check out i talked to the manager/owner and started the problem. Response? Nothing. No explanation, apologies no nothing. Brilliant example on how not to run a hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank teamberg

Travellers are raving about these Renton hotels

Brandon, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Where do I start. Well when we checked in, the young man at the front desk was good, very polite and helpfull. That is when the wheels on this bus fell off! There was garbage in the parking lot and the garbage can was overflowing outside the office door. There was hair in the bathtub. Gross! The next morning the breakfast they provided had no fruit left and the orange juice was coloured water. Then at 9:30am, the chinese lady Rudely took the food out of the breakfast room. Next day we noticed they didn't clean the tub all that great and we were not left with any new soap or shampoo. My son went to the office and they gave him a soap that just happened to be in an opened package and the soap had hair on it! Get ready to hurl!!! Morning saw more garbage in the parking lot and poorest breakfast we have had on our two weeks on the road. They need a complete change in this place!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank 400Brian400
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked through Priceline and when I asked for a king or a double queen, manager Jessica wanted an extra $20 per day. I'm so glad I didn't agree to it, because this place is terrible!

I think they are only in business because of Hotwire and Priceline, otherwise no one would stay there intentionally knowing what a poorly run hotel it is. They didn't put two towels in the room, they had no extra pillows, the lights didn't work, and the manager really didn't seem to care about any if these problems, except to shrug their shoulders and say they can't help these issues.

The only positive side is the managers always have a cheery attitude regardless of what they are saying, which is impressive and can only lead one to believe that they have serious delusions about the state of their operation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thslndwasmadeforunme
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I jumped on this hotel because of the value so close to downtown Seattle. It turns out to be too good to be true. Here are my thoughts::

Pros: location; clean; dog friendly

Cons: you need geo-caching experience to find the entrance; the sheets were not only scratchy by also popped off the mattress during the night; no decaf coffee; no microwave or coffee makers in the room; ice maker was out of ice; the A/C only works if you are in the room; therefore, when returning to the room, plan on a half hour for room to cool down (not much of a problem most of the year); the requested extra pillow arrived at midnight; an ice chest works better than the in-room fridge; wi-fi was spotty.

Room Tip: Around pool to avoid crime.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

First off, I booked this hotel because it advertised itself as "near Bellevue Square". Granted near is a relative term but when I see the word near I think of walking distance. Well, if I had walked from the Econo Lodge to Bellevue Square it would have taken about 4 hours. I did speak to the Manager regarding my disappointment that if I had had the correct information I would have rented a car. He was not apologetic in the least and was in fact argumentative. Not a great approach to Customer Sevice.

Secondly, and most importantly, my passport wallet was left with the Front Desk Attendant to be put into the Safe for safekeeping. I returned several hours later to find that the $1150 cash that was in my wallet was gone. I asked the Manager how could my cash be missing from the safe? It turns out that my wallet was not put in the safe. Instead it was put on a shelf behind the front desk in an area that was open to all employees. I was stunned! I asked why it wasn't put in the safe and was told it didn't fit. Well in fact it did fit as I had them show me how it didn't fit. Low and behold it did fit just fine. The Manager was uncooperative even with this issue of theft in his hotel. I had to call the police to file a report. As the report states a " Second Degree Theft" occurred while the Manager was present. Todate I have been unable to get information from him regarding his insurance coverage.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jen J
Manchester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Rooms were tiny and like ovens - air con was like a plane taking off.

Cable TV didn't work and wi-fi worked when it wanted too.

Must have been to reception 10 times to get key cards redone as they failed every day - this was of course when the youth had finished with his iPhone so was in slow time.

Worst feature was the beds - the single most uncomfortable thing it has ever been my displeasure to sleep on - painfully bad back in the morning.

I really advise you to look elsewhere - awful.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Quality Inn
Larkspur Landing Renton
Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Been to Econo Lodge Renton? Share your experiences!