“Great Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Shoreline, Washington, USA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The room was fair, clean. (Typical hotel room) It was in a great location right on the Columbia River. Beautiful track to walk, or bike ride is located right outside the parking lot. A Starbucks right down the street too. The only problem we had was that the pool opens late 9:00, and the pool service people were not done preparing the pool until 9:38. People were waiting at the gate to get in. Other then that it was a great place to stay unless you plan on just staying in the room the whole time! Prices were good for the area. The little restaurant was wonderful with outdoor seating, and the bartender was sweet.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kristimuffy
richlandmanager, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you had an enjoyable visit. I enjoyed the pictures you posted of the sights from the Hotel and River Walk. This area really does have some beautiful sights.
Brian, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I always stay at Chilo Inns in Idaho and Oregon because of price, location and cleanest. This Shilo Inn somewhat disappointed me. We had our sheets changed as I found an unknown stain. The hotel needs major updates and more attention to details.

This Shilo Inn is clearly not at the same level of Shilo Inns like the one I stayed in Bend Or.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank ohtli
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Tri-Cities. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. I can assure you that all rooms we will be inspected daily to insure they are of the highest level of cleanliness.

Brian, Manager
Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The breakfast was bad- I am not picky, but the food that should have been hot was really cold and they didn't offer any healthy options. They were very short staffed in the kitchen and there were not even bowls available. I asked for a bowl and was told they were looking for some... what kind of hotel doesn't have enough bowls for guests?

The rooms were okay- the shower was a mild trickle at best and they ran out of towles, so we had to use hand towles to dry off with.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rach093
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 23 May 2011

First room I was given, was far in the back corner in poorly lighted exterior room, and the door jam was literally black with bugs, I went the the front desk and requested a different room and they tried to give me bug spray. I finally convinced them I was not going to stay in that room, and got another room. No bugs on the door, but fair number inside. The hotel is very very dated, and not clean. I went to go make coffee and the coffee maker had dead bugs and dirt in it, I told this to the front desk when I check out and they said "oh we are on a river, and when it warms up we just can't keep up with the bugs" So bottom line don't stay here. Oh and the breakfast is a joke.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank idahochick85
Montana
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Room was expensive $110 and tiny and filthy. The mattress sloped toward the center. The blanket had holes. The sheet was stained. There was a nasty red stain on the bathroom door. The tub grout was filthy and disgusting (yellow/brown). I would think they would be ashamed to let a room like that. Doesn't the manager ever inspect the rooms? We have traveled widely including third world countries and we dont demand much - just a quiet safe clean place to sleep. Apparently that is too much to ask of the Shilo Inn in Richland, Washington.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Fall City
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Stayed April 2 at the Shilo. Large room, very comfy bed, lights worked, WiFi was useful, room was clean. Yes, this Shilo is aging; wallpaper was peeling off the ceiling in the bathroom, and the place needs a makeover. But for $72, what more would you expect? Breakfast was substantial and healthy. The staff were all pleasant. Bottom line: you can pay twice as much in nearby hotels, but why? For the price, a definite thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Where do I start. Well I stayed at Shilo 2 times in November for about 2 nights a peice on business. The O'Callahans restaurants food was cold. The steak was a little warm but not suitable and mashed potatos were chalky and cold when it came out. But the burgers and fries are probably your best bet for a great dinner. I had that the next night. So the 3rd time I stay at shilo was in December, and I thought id give the restaurant another shot. I ordered the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes.. the mashed was the same as the month before, really chalky and cold. Also with a pinch of freezer burn flavor along with the chicken fried steak. I told my co worker that night, to be safe, I will order nachos. So that night I ordered nachos and when I was brought out and set infront of me, something didn't smell right about it. I thought I was the black beans, but I was the ground beef. It tasted like cat food, bad fish, and metal. It was horrible. I had my co worker taste it, and he was disgusted. I told our server and she of course was understanding and took it off the bill and asked if there was anything else I wanted, but I said no, because I lost my appetite. I wrote this review because I think people have a right to know. And I'm not one to complain. The staff and rooms were decent..but the only reason I kept going back to the restaurant is because its soo convienent. But I told myself that's the last time I stay at the Shilo in Richland.

• Stayed December 2010
richlandmanager, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 21 December 2010
Dear Felix1121:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Richland Shilo Inn. We truly appreciate the kind words regarding the staff and the accommodations at the hotel.

We regret that your experience at O’Callahan’s Restaurant did not meet your expectations or live up to the quality that you have been accustomed to in your recent visits. We have brought this to the attention of our partners at O’Callahan’s and we are confidant that you can expect an improved dining experience on your next visit.

Once again the staff of the Richland Shilo Inn thanks you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Brian – Hotel Management.