“Shiloh, Richland is cheap, not inexpensive.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Spokane
“Shiloh, Richland is cheap, not inexpensive.”
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

If you need to save money, then stay at Shiloh. Room was ok, but in need of major renovation. Bring and use ear plugs (walls are "permeable" to even the slightest sounds, including flatulent neighbors), and be prepared to be cramped. Microwave was a nano- size, fridge was noisy. Free breakfast was ok. Would I do it again? Only if I were broke and needed a shower.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were in Richland Wa to spend the last days with a terminally ill relative at the hospital. The Shilo Inn has a special rate for relatives of hospital patients so we thought it would be a nice place to crash while we spent time with out loved one. The front desk staff was great. The rooms and beds were your typical outdoor entrance hotel style rooms. The outside was fairly clean and quiet. We ended up getting an urgent called at 5:30AM on Sunday to get to the hospital as quick as we could. We left out rooms intending on coming back and resting before we traveled back home to Vancouver Washington. When we returned to our rooms around 10:00am we found that housekeeping had removed out personal items which included medication and a change of clothing. The house keeper couldn't speak English and could only show us the do not disturb door hanger. When I went to check out I asked the front desk what time check out was and they advised me that check out was at noon. I then told them about the housekeeping incident. The front desk agents were very shocked and apologetic to me. The housekeeping supervisor that happened to walk up while I was checking out seemed very unconcerned over the incident. That reaction alone made my mind up that I will never stay at another Shilo Inn.

Room Tip: Get the accessible rooms if possible. they have better showers
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert F
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Robert F,

Thank you for taking out the time to talk to me about your experience here at the Shilo Inns Suites Hotel. Customer service is definitely one of our top priorities, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced, as checkout is indeed at 12noon. I hope that any future visits to the Tri-Cities will be on a happier occasion. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservations, we would love the opportunity to show you the customer service you deserve.

Sumner, Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The big three for me, comfortable bed great water pressure and an elongated toilet.
We stayed 5 nights in a jacuzzi suite. My wife loved the large tub in the living area of the room cuz she could watch tv from it. A second tv in the bed area was good cuz then I could watch something different.

Pros:
1.Exteriour entrance (Smokers will like this)
2.Comfortable bed
3.Great water pressure
4.Elongated toilet (People of size will like this)
5.Full size fridge
6.Huge pool
7.Cieling fan over the bed
8.Nice staff
9.Armless chairs (Another one for people of size)

Cons:
1.Decor and furniture showing it's age. A little rough around the edges and dated.
2.A/C did not work properly in the room we had. It would completly shut down and not come back on until you switched it to fan only for a while and then put back on cool. Especially annoying at night, (cieling fan helped). This continued our entire stay.
3.Pool not heated.
4.Entry door fit very poorly.

Room Tip: Ask for river view side of building. (Nicer views)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Mr. Man,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, thank you for taking the time out to share your observations and experiences. We will be sure to forward your comments to our Corporate office. Our top priority is cleanliness, affordability and customer service. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the heat of the pool. Our pool is actually a heated pool, but a motor went out and we have the motor part coming in which will resolve any heating problems. We are apologetic this happened during your stay. We will be sure to look into the entry door and A/C unit in the room you occupied. Thank you for letting us know. We look forward to your stay in the future!

ZILLAH
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

This property is old and worn out. It is in dire need of painting and general upkeep. The room was small and had an odor. It is a large complex and people were smoking outside their rooms every time we went to our room. The place had an overall "trashy" feel to it.

• Stayed September 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear 1valleyboy,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience. We will be sure to forward your comments to our Corporate office. Our top priority is cleanliness, affordability and customer service. I am sorry that you had experienced someone smoking in front of their room as we are a 100% non-smoking hotel and this is not allowed. Washington State Laws specify “The Smoking in Public Places law also prohibits smoking within 25 feet of entrances, exits, windows that open and ventilation intakes that serve enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited”. Our staff will not hesitate to inform any guests if they are in violation of the Washington State Smoke Free Law. We encourage our guests to inform our staff so that we may address it immediately.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed three nites in Sept 2012.
The staff are pleasant.
The hotel is just tired and old: decor style is from 1980s at best, carpets are worn and dirty and need to be replaced, the bar is almost nude and uninteresting, whole complex needs fresh paint (preferably not in the ghastly blue), landscaping is minimal, interior furniture looks like it came from cheap discount furniture outlet.
Bed was comfortable.
Services were fine.
For about the same price, the Hanford House Red Lion in Richland is in a better locale, nicer building, better decorations & furnishings, better food and bar and pool, same service.
Ive known both hotels for 40 years since I was born and raised in Richland. Used to be more of even match. Hanford House Red Lion is clearly better now.

Room Tip: Go with river view rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank J E
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear J E,

Thank you very much for taking out the time to write a review. We will be sure to forward your comments to our Corporate office. I am glad that you found our beds comfortable and the staff and services pleasant. Here at the Shilo, our top priority is customer service, cleanliness and affordability.

Washington State
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is a huge and confusing to get around complex though decent. The stairs to the second floors are hidden around corners not obvious making things confusing to get around. Overall the complex is clean and decent. My single queen room was smallish but adequate to do the job. The room had a smell to it - mustyish I think. It was only noticable when first entering. The bed was very good. The AC goes on and off which is a bit annoying rather than the fan continuing on and the pump going on and off. This causes a little sleep disruption. The room was clean and decent but you can tell it has been a while since it had been remodeled (bathroom wall bubbling a bit) and other things need touching up. The value was the best part - I only paid $57 per night. The complex is on/near the river and the river trail and is only a 5 minutes walk from the beautiful Amon Park. I was attending a folk music festival here so it was conveniant. It did eat at the restaurant there one night out on the deck. The club sandwich was "ok". The location is good, the bed was good and the value was good so I would probably stay there again. The included breakfast was decent - eggs, pastry, juice and biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Yakima
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The positives: We were able to get in the room early. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was okay but nothing really healthy.
The negatives: Walking to the room had to watch carefully to miss all the spider webs. The room was stifling hot - air conditioning not working. Called front desk before leaving for about 4 hours with a response of "we'll send maintenance right up to fix it" Came back later to a still stifling hot room. Called front desk and got " Your kidding the air conditioner is not working? We will change your room. Outside to wait. Had to fight off all the flying bugs. Call back to desk "Housekeeping is on their way with a key to the other room". More waiting with the bugs and watching the spiders. Call back to desk "Housekeeping is too busy, you need to come and get the key". Moved right next door.. Spiderwebs on ceiling but the cooling was working. Husband went to get a cold drink and snack. Had to kill a large spider on door to get back in room. Little bugs now flying in room. Not even close to being worth $100/night. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Find different lodging.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doreen K
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Doreen K,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you found our pillow top beds comfortable. I am very sorry that your air conditioner was not working properly and I am deeply apologetic that they were unable to repair the air conditioner in your original room. I am glad that we were able to secure other accommodations with a working air conditioner. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced with the spiders, as I am not a fan of them myself. Please note, as we are an exterior hotel, my staff diligently dusts and clears any webs on a daily basis.

Ray Flannery