“Great value! Good location, friendly staff”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Seattle
“Great value! Good location, friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

For a very reasonable price (lower than anything else in the area) we got a nice room overlooking the beautiful river. We went for a long walk on the river walk before dinner. Room is very clean and although a little dated in decor all was very nice: refrigerator, micro, movies, free wireless internet. We were very pleased -- we expected a lower quality for the price we paid. We thought the real keys were a very quaint touch. The front desk lady was very friendly and we had a nice meal with a good atmosphere in the restaurant that evening. Prices and value OK, not crowded and a nice river view. Quiet room - hot tub - complimentary restaurant breakfast. We will definitely be staying here again! This is the best Shilo we've stayed at so far.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view are very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Older hotel that needs some updating. Rooms are small and heating unit was very noisy.
The breakfast was great and the location is too. It was very nice to be right along the river-great place for a walk.The staff is wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear briachel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, many of our guests enjoy our central location right on the river. We care about each and every guest, and customer service is our staff’s top priority. Should you visit us again – please do not hesitate to let our staff know of any maintenance concerns (as we have maintenance specialists on site to troubleshoot any mechanical needs). We will be sure to forward your comments to our corporate office. We are happy that you enjoyed your breakfast at O’Callahan’s Restaurant, we will be sure to convey that to their Chef.

Best regards,

R. Flannery
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 February 2013

we came to the hotel to check in and realized there was a gun show at the hotel. It felt a bit uncomfortable guys wondering around dressed in Camo and packing guns. Went to check in and this hotel still uses actual keys for the rooms. The room key just happen to be taken by the last guest which was scary. Then we drove around to the room and there was garbage all over the grounds with more random people wondering with guns and chewing tabacoo. Once to the room an employee was waiting there with some freshly made keys. The room was dirty! The main light in the room would not stop flickering and buzzing. The remote to the twenty some year old tv was broken and has some black gauze tape holding rusty batteries in it. The shampoo in the bathroom had been used the paint on the walls was falling off. We stayed in that room for ten minutes then left. Horrible!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank journeyman52
Dear journeyman52,

We are sorry that you felt uncomfortable with the Gun Show convention being held onsite and that our tv, keys and room accommodations did not meet your expectations. All of our guestrooms are inspected by our Head Housekeeper prior to being released for our overnight guests. We care about all of our guests experiences as cleanliness, customer service, and affordability is our top priority. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to address any concerns mentioned above.

Best regards,

Raynell Flannery
Florence, OR
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Traveling across country and needed a place for the night. Found on Expedia but didn't book it, front desk quoted me a different price when I got there but when I mentioned Expedia she price matched it. Informed them I had service animal and they upgraded me to a bigger room on the first floor. Awesome! Room was huge and very very clean. Pool was closed for he season but also looked very clean and nice. We did not use the hot tub but it looked good too. Beds were comfy and shower had good water pressure. It is a little dated but I could care less about that as long as its clean. They have a good hot breakfast with eggs, ham, biscuits, and muffins. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Location is really good too.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charoni
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This hotel has a great location but it is desperate need of an overhaul.the beds need replaced as does the decor it is very outdated and falling apart in many places.

The staff though is fantastic. !!

Room Tip: They have rooms with great river views. If you want to avoid noise get a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Wa
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I got a good price at hotels.com for a last-minute stay, so the price was ok, but, wow, does this place need some help! The location on the river is awesome, but that's as far as it goes. The outside of the building is dated and has been neglected. The lobby is very nice, the pool area is clean, a free hot breakfast is included, but the good news stops there.
I usually gauge a place with the question, "Would I bring my wife here?" and the answer is a resounding "NO"!! The TV is the smallest and oldest I have ever seen in a hotel/motel, and the quality of the picture was amazingly bad. The room was very small and dated (but clean). The walls are thin; no sense of real privacy.
I was going to stay at Motel 6 or Super 8, but decided to spend more money for what I thought would be a nicer place, but I didn't make a good choice. I don't understand why Shilo Inns would allow their name to be put on this place.
I'm usually not critical about a place, but my recommendation to my fellow travelers is to stay somewhere else at one of the many newer chain hotels. I won't be back, no matter the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have view of the river and next to the walking path.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Corvallis
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Room was clean, quiet (end room near the river), food was warm and tasty, staff was friendly and helpful. This is a motor inn so there are no elevators but multiple ramps for the main floor. Parking lot lighting is bright.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business