“Old hotel but good breakfast”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Old hotel but good breakfast”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I booked this hotel through priceline. I put two adults and I was assigned a room with a king bed. I asked for two queem beds and the staff in the hotel asked me to pay extra money for it.
The room is big, but old.
The good thing of this hotel is that it provides a coupon for breakfast. The breakfast was excellent. It is not continental breakfast. It is a breakfast in a restaurant. We enjoyed the food.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeongkwon
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Jeongkwon,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

R. Flannery - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here before, will probably stay again. In dire need of updates, but hotel has been clean during our visits. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Queen bed very hard & uncomfortable & Single Queen room a bit tight on space. I do appreciate the sink area outside of the toilet/tub area. Room equipped with microwave, mini-fridge and small coffee pot. Also has pull down ironing board w/iron; and a wall-mounted hair dryer. Getting a full, hot breakfast is a definite plus. River trail just a few steps from hotel. Easy access to major artery in/out of Richland.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oldporscheracer
Dear oldporcheracer,
Thank you for your review and for choosing Shilo. I am pleased that you appreciate our special brand of “Affordable Excellence.” We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I really wanted to like this place but this is by far one of the worst hotels stays we have ever had. it was a convenient location. So we stayed. They let us check in early (it was a huge task) because the lady made sure we knew that. we had two rooms one for us and one for my 85 yr old dad. When we were talking to the counter clerk about checking in, my dad came up, just to stand at the check in desk(hes old) and she snapped at him and says. You know I can only wait on one person at a time. WHAT? he wasnt going to bug her as we were checking in for him. She also talked to us in this, tone like she has thought we were going to problems. she explained the no smoking policy over and over, because she wanted us to be "sure" "we understood". We got it lady! I couldnt get over the tone she had with us. Its like she had a problem with people of color, because I think she fully expected us to be problems. It was very clear she didnt want to help us and it was a HUGE ordeal for her to help us. We had also booked adjoining rooms with our dad and was told we couldn't have them, so why book them if it isnt at all possible? we were next door to him anyways, and then we somehow ended up with adjoining rooms with some family we met there. did they give our reserved room out? When we finally got to the room it smelled so we had to go to dollar tree to get some air freshener. It smelled like the doors or the windows to this room hadnt been opened for days. The picture on the tv was horrible, and then they expect you to pay for movies! the radio kept turning on by itself and the clock on the radio wouldnt keep time. The phone didnt work so we couldnt call room to room or call the front desk.. because well they had put dirty sheets on the bed. I am not sure what bodily fluids they were or if the people before us had spilled. But still, they dont change their sheets before every guest! It also boasts that there is a restaurant, but the kitchen closes way early (8 or 9) so I am not sure what the point of saying theres a restaurant is. The lounge is also very dated but the bartender was really nice. We went to the breakfast they provided and it was ok, very good for free. but twice I pulled out a chair to sit down and they were both missing wheels. Sometime during the night, we heard someone banging on hotel doors, and I feared the worst but I think it was on the floor above us. This hotel is in desperate need of a remodel and some gracious front desk clerks. (also, we didnt see any other guests but the family we had there) That was a lil strange.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SONNYSMOM
Dear SONNYSMOM,
Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that your experience failed to meet your expectations and for any inconvenience you experienced. Your comments are appreciated and will be taken seriously. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your confidence in the future.

R. Flannery, General Manager
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This Shilo is definitely in need of some serious TLC. Aging everything! The front desk Staff was pleasant but that's were it ended. Clean enough, but for the price I'd find another place to stay next time. And forget about eating here. We had the halibut and fries. All you could taste was the grease. Lounge staff was terrible. Couldn't get an order right to save her life.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Devon S,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely apologize for your experience in the restaurant. Your concerns have been brought to management attention so that they may take immediate corrective action. I sincerely hope that you will allow us a future opportunity to earn you confidence.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 September 2013

first time in this motel , and my opinion is that this place is not bad ,and the price is ok too, the room was clean and not all beat up like some places , there was a pool available and a restaurant built into the motel and it also included a pretty good breakfast ,
next time im sent to richland i will be staying here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Vardis3,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Richland.

Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We made a reservation online based on price and pictures. When we checked in, the bed - advertised as a "queen" - was barely a full. The room was smaller than most walk-in closets, and the room smelled like urine. We were told that it would cost us "an extra $10" to upgrade! The only redeeming thing about the hotel was that the manager didn't put up too much of a fight and -- after first having the desk staff 'inform' us that we'd have to pay the full fare if we left! - cancelled our reservation. The place needs to be completely razed and rebuilt. IF YOU'RE READING OTHER REVIEWS ON THIS PLACE THAT SAY THINGS LIKE "IT WAS GREAT!" THEY WERE PROBABLY DONE BY SHILO INN STAFF, MANAGEMENT, OR CORPORATE!! Many, many other VERY nice hotels nearby. DON'T STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!! The place is a DUMP!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tom P,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize that your experience failed to meet your expectations. I also apologize that your accommodations were not as you anticipated. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Washington State
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here a year ago and gave it an "ok" and that is what I am giving it again. Again I had an economy queen room. Upon opening the door you get a blast of "that smell". Once you get the AC going and vent the room a bit it isn't too noticeable. The room is decent and clean and functional but nothing special. The outside door jams on most of the rooms are in desperate need of paint - wood showing through and there is need up touch up pain on moldings in the room itself. The room did have a mini fridge and microwave. I got to Richland much earlier than expected and the staff was very helpful in letting me check in early - I really appreciated that. The breakfast that comes with your stay (free) is a buffet - the best out there on the road.... potatoes, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, pastries, yogurt and juices. Back to the room - I was greeted in the bathroom upon arrival by a huge brown spider in the bathtub. I don't know which type but I demised it. Later one showed up in the sink..... ????? The location of this hotel is good - close to the HI ways and close to the Aman Park where I visit the Tumbleweed Folk Music Festival. So, I will again return as the prices are reasonable, breakfast is good, the staff is good, location good but I hope they do a little touch up maintenance one of these years.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear therealscherlock,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Richland a second time. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to serving you again in the future.