“Good but difficulty with communication.”

Columbia Kayak Adventures
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good but difficulty with communication.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I and my boyfriend took a trip out to the Tri-Cities area in Early July for fun and to visit family. I want to Kayak on the Columbia River. I contacted Columbia Kayak Adventures in June to reserve a trip. Rosie, the lady I spoke with Saud there was nothing scheduled for July 3rd but a Kayak trip wad still possible and she took down relevant info such as number of people, ages and experience. I thought the trip was set. I called on July 2nd and talked to anther employee and they had no idea who I wad or anything about the kayak trip I schefuled for the 3rd. I talked to a second employee and again he knew nothing but he at least was willing to make sure something was on the calendar f2f or the next day. I was told it would be a 3 1/2 hour kayak trip starting at 5:30 and en f2f ing at 8:30. What I was not told is that the g ist 40 minutes of trip was about loading up the kayaks.
The trip itself was great. Beautiful scenery, wildlife viewing. The only other fdownside was we finished the trip before 8:00, so what I thought was going to be a 3 hour trip was really only two hours.

2 Thank Anne K

ww13
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A fun trip and great staff!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had a wonderful paddle with a group of 3 tandem kayaks. The owners were great in explaining the equipment and techniques. Great advice for where to stop and how long it should take us. It was the most fun we had on our trip! Give extra love to Lily, the 11 month old pup that helps in the office!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ww13
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beginner class”
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I just took the beginners basics class and had a blast! I have never kayaked before and they made me feel at ease. I learned a lot about the different strokes and rescues. I now feel comfortable going to kayak for fun! Thanks!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Beth A
West Richland, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun adventure!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Went on our annual end of the summer kayak trip today. What a beautiful peaceful day! These guys are great. Jessica got us all set up and gave us some helpful refresher instruction. We paddled down to bateman island and when our rental time was up they picked us up and brought us back to the shop, it was great. I enjoyed going on a nice quiet weekday when the water was very calm. Prices are very reasonable I think. Only thing I would have changed is I would have put on sunscreen because my legs burnt like a lobster. (It was worth it). I definately planning on renting here again. Would even like my 10 year old who goes in a tandem kayak with me to try classes from them sometime.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Deena B
Kennewick, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kayak shop ever!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Columbia Kayak Adventures is one of the best shops I have ever been to. This shop offers scenic tours of our area and fits all customers to the right kayak and provides all the gear necessary to tour with them. They will let you try out any of the kayaks and fit you to the kayak if you want to purchase one. The have free paddle groups on Thursday and Sunday.If you don't like paddling by yourself the free paddles are wonderful. Rosie will work with anyone that comes to the shop to ensure your paddle adventure is fun and safe. She knows more about kayaking than anyone I know. She puts her whole heart and soul into making sure your questions are answered. She makes sure there is instructions for you if you want to paddle and she never puts you in a kayak without instructions. She takes your kayak to the water and makes sure you know what to do with it. Rosie and Columbia Kayak Adventures is the best.

Visited June 2012