“Great place if you are a drug dealer or prostitute!”

Motel 6 Richland - Kennewick
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Richland
“Great place if you are a drug dealer or prostitute!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

This Motel 6 is beyond atrocious. This place should be condemned and then burned to the ground. I think the pictures speak for themselves. One thing the pictures did not show were the stains on the bedding. The room smelled awful. We complained to guest relations so maybe something will be done. We did not complain locally because the Managers and staff obviously know what their motel is being used for, and 90% of it isn't legal. We were reserved for Friday and Saturday night but requested our money back for Saturday. Do not waste your money.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank hlmac00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 March 2013

There are a lot of motels in the area and althought this one is cheap, sometimes the savings just is't worth it. I didn't think the room was clean nor did I think the place was safe. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Troy D

Travellers are raving about these Richland hotels

Clinton, Missouri
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Right from the begining of my stay to the time that I finally found another motel it was the worst place I have stayed in the 28 years I have been traveling.The wife and I had been traveling for about 11 hours and by the time we reached the motel it was around one thirty in the morning.The night clerk that waited on me was very friendly so I asked if I could see the room that we would be staying in for a week.The clerk agreed and locked the office while she showed me the room.I decided to take it for the week and upon returning to the office she discovered that she had locked the office keys in the office,along with my drivers license.She then told me that there was an onsight manager but was afraid to wake her for fear of being fired.I told her that it would be ok and mistakes happen plus my drivers license was in there.Reluctently she knocked on the door several times with no answer.Well a few minutes went by and much to my surprise instead of answering the door she called the police on me,a customer! When he pulled up she opened her door crying saying she was so scared and that nobody was ever suppose to knock on her door.Why is there a a manager living on sight?Free rent?Shouldnt they be there to resolve problems that come up like this? I should have gone somewhere else but as I said before it was very late and the wife and I were to tired to look for another motel to stay.Two days after we arrived I was sent to oklahoma on business and my wife had to stay at the motel.On the sixth day of her stay I got a call from my wife saying that her room card had quit working and when she went to get it reactiveated they took it from her saying her name was not on the registration.I called and they basicly told me they didn't care and that she was out of luck.Tomake a long story short after calling the local police and the motel 6 corporate office she was finally let back in after 3 hours.I will never stay at a motel 6 ever again.The police were there at least once a day busting drug dealers or prostitutes,the rooms were small and dirty and in the two weeks we were there we got maid service twice. The night clerk that checked us in was fired and in my opinion the manager Lorene Solorio should have been fired for calling the police on me and locking my wife out of our room!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this motel!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Jef M
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Easy to access. Service was great - front desk person was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean & comfortable, but a little worn. Love that they allow pets for free & there was a good place to walk the dogs outside.

• Stayed November 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2012

On a recent trip to Montana, we needed a place to sleep and shower. I checked out the reviews, and thought this place would be ok for a very quick stay. I called the 800 number from the road and reserved a two queen room. Upon check-in, I was surprised to find a lobby that resembled the room where you go to bail people out at my local county jail. Very bright florescent lighting, security window and metal tray to slide things back and forth to the "desk clerk". The woman working the window was brisk and unfriendly. Both me and my traveling partner were required to show id. We were issued a second floor room in a mostly empty motel, and asked for a ground floor room. This took more than five minutes to do the switch. The room was tiny, with one bed pressed up against the heater under the window. The bathroom was very utilitarian, with a moldy shower stall. My dog was very interested in the bedspread on my bed, which was next to the bathroom door. I still shudder to think about who sat in what condition on that bedspread. I will not be going back to this motel.

Room Tip: Just find someplace else unless you are desperate for sleep and are looking for a strange adventure.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Walla Walla, WA
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have become a motel snob. But a recent shut out of "perfered Stays" in the tricites area left me with one on line choice, MOTEL 6. Motel 6s are usually found on , shall we say the seeded side of towns? Not this one. rooms have been redone. Staff very nice and friendly. If you want to save your money for playing I'd recommend this motel. Its about a quarter or more the price of most motels in the Tricities and its just below columbia center mall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 13 December 2011

It's really too bad that foul language is frowned upon here at Trip Advisor because this place is an, ahem, hole...shall we say?

My non-smoking room reeked of so many cigarettes that whoever consumed them is long dead. Absolutely foul. The enigma that will stick with the memory of this place is the provided ashtray. With a no smoking icon stuck to it. Again, without profanity how can I express my complete dismay?

I dumped my gear and headed across the parking lot for some much needed grub. Upon my return I observed my door was slightly open. Uh-oh. I had thousands of dollars worth of equipment inside. All intact, I'm pleased to find, but now the door won't either lock or close properly. Puzzling.

So off to the front desk I go. Since I'd checked in a shift change had occurred. The new "help", and I employ that expression in the loosest of contexts, was nothing short of useless. I have no idea just what in the (skipping needed expletive once again) her problem was, but she appeared to be enduring some sort of withdrawals. I even offered if there was something I might do for her as she was in such distress. Great employee choice Miss Management!

A disgrace.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland
M Hotel & Conference Center
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
Clover Island Inn Kennewick

Been to Motel 6 Richland - Kennewick? Share your experiences!