“"Best stay ever"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Kirklanshington, USAd, WA
“"Best stay ever"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Wow, we read the reviews of others before we stayed and everyone seemed to like this place except one guy, but turns out he hates every places he goes so we ignored him. This place was great, just below Columbia Center Mall where I first met my wife back in 1969. This was our first time back to the Tri-Cities in years and we couldn't beliece how many tings have changed.

The staff was great, loved the goody bag we got, and we loved the breakfast! We're coffee drinkers and we have to have our flavored creamers, and this place has just about every flavor in stock.

We'll be back again!

Room Tip: Location is hard to get to if you do not know your way around.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
The Dalles, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice hotel in a good location. However, they were lacking in several areas. First, our bathroom fan didn't work so when we 'did the business' we had to light matches old school style. This caused the hotel to think we were smoking and to call us in the middle of the night. Second, the breakfast was awful and nothing was stocked. Third, the TV remote required an engineering degree to operate the TV.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kerber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We want everyone to have a perfect stay at our location and when that doesn't happen we certainly want to make things right. I am also happy to respond to a couple of issues you mentioned as best I can.

Bathroom Fan: All the bathroom fans in the hotel are connected to motors located in the ceiling above the 4th floor. This creates a silent system unlike the typical fan found in a residential bathroom. There's no switch since it's always on, however it's not as powerful as we would like.

100% Non Smoking/Matches: Our staff is trained to investigate all potential odors like the smell of smoke or matches to ensure a) there's no fire in the building, and b) nobody is smoking in our non-smoking hotel. I apologize and hope they were at least polite during their investigation.

TV Remotes: We just upgraded to new HDTV's and HD channels and we to found some issues that the cable company tells us they will have ironed out in their next software upgrade.

Breakfast: We expect every guest to be able to enjoy everything we offer from the moment we open until the moment we close. There should never be a time when we are running out of foods and we apologize for whatever is was that you wanted that was missing.

Our promise is that during your stay, if anything goes wrong and is brought to our attention and we are unable to fix that problem, then that portion of your stay is free. Being that our renovation is almost finished, we certainly hope you'll consider giving us another chance when you come through the area.
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here on a Wednesday night with our two children under age 10. My sister, who lives in town, came to visit us in the hotel with her 3 children so all the kids could play in the pool. The best part of this hotel is that the pool is open 24 hours! We arrived just after 8pm and the front desk staff was very welcoming. They said it was fine that my sister's family was coming to visit us in the hotel. They had cookies out and some soup, which I guess they serve every evening. We got a bag of water, trail mix, an apple and some candy because we used our Priority Club card. We were having so much fun that my sister got a suite so that we could all have breakfast together and swim in the morning as well. Breakfast was delicious, with all the standard cold offerings (yogurts, cereal, muffins, donuts, boiled eggs, bagels & cream cheese) along with many hot options (biscuits & gravy, bacon, ham, sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes). We were able to play in the pool and hot tub for more the 3 hours before the noon checkout. The pool is in a beautiful atrium which allowed us to enjoy the sun without the wind chill. Our room was perfect, with 2 queen beds, a microwave and mini-frig. The pillowcases are labeled 'firm' or 'soft'. My sister's suite had a little kitchenette and a fold-out couch. Their family of 5 fit perfectly. It looks like they are just finishing up their remodel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Easton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Have stayed here many times and it just gets better. Remodeling now with many upgrades. I can't wait for the crock pot of soup and coookies in the evening. Mark and the staff do a wonderful job.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel has recently been remodeled (they were just finishing when I stayed there). The bed was very nice, the cookies in the evening were yummy, my goodie bag for being a Priority Club member was a nice touch and I enjoyed the breakfast (eggs, canadian bacon, bacon, pancakes, etc). My only issue with this hotel is the location. Well off the beaten path (but close to the mall).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

This place is bad, make sure you don't stay here. We choose to stay at holiday inns as we know what to expect. I wish this was the case at this place. The rooms smell musty it was so bad that we asked to be moved, the next room wasn't much better. A breakfast that was overcooked and biscuits that were like stones, and watered down juice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed one night with my husband and two boys in September of 2011. We were on the first floor with two adjoining rooms. Because I used my Priority Club Card I was given two gift bags that included an apple, chips, and a bag of trail mix. The rooms were both clean and quiet. The breakfast was adequate--very little fresh fruit, but a few cereal choices, a pancake maker, pastries, toast, eggs (I didn't have so I don't know if they were powdered or real), sausage, and gravy with meat chunks (I didn't eat this either). Yogurt, coffee, milk, tea, juices, and hot chocolate were also available. I like black tea in the morning and they had a decent one. I really have no complaints about our stay. The staff was friendly, ample parking, and the place was clean. The pool is indoors and clean, but during the evening we were there there were about 15 young teens talking very loudly and using inappropriate language around my tweens. After about 20 minutes of this I told them to quiet down and use appropriate language. The language cleaned up the the loudness didn't. However, they left soon afterwards. No one seems to supervise the pool, but this is generally the way it is at hotels. I did not call/inform the management so I can't say how they would have handled it.

Room Tip: If you want to get in and get out fast, request a first floor room and you'll be able to enter a...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel Richland
Courtyard Richland Columbia Point
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland? Share your experiences!