“Nice Hotel with Great Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I stayed here for 1 night before my flight back to Singapore. The hotel is a little further from the airport then most others, but very quiet and they offer a free shuttle.
The shuttle guys even dropped me off at the closest casino as I had the urge to Gamble.
Although once I went to the Casino, by the time I returned to the hotel I didn't get a chance to use the bed it looked very, very appealing.
Worth staying here if you get the chance

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kris_Pez

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one was one of the nicer ones I have stayed at. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated. My room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had a DVD player in my room which was nice and you can check out some movies at the front desk. The pool was very nice, and the fitness room had 3 cardio machines which was more than I needed.
The free breakfast in the morning was fantastic. There were so many options to choose from including different pastries, muffins, biscuits & gravy, pancakes and more. this hotel had more options than most I have stayed at. They also served cookies at night in the lobby.
Located close to the river, parks, shopping and restaurants. Close to the highway for easy access. Dogs are welcome at this hotel too.

Room Tip: There are balcony rooms that face the river, not sure if you have to pay more for these or just ask...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Spent several days here on a business trip. Very nice hotel; clean and recent vintage. The complimentary breakfast is good. The showers work wonderfully. Clean. Courteous service. The TV worked well. Join the preferred customer list and receive a nice packet of goodies on checkin. The chec-kin staff were excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2013

After a 3+ hour drive from Portland we got to the hotel. The office staff were very nice and got us our room very fast. We did get the upgrade because my husband is a platunum member. the room was very spacious,and clean. We both had two very good night sleep. The hotel is very quiet, and I love that. The housekeeper that we had was also very friendly. I did not need the room cleaned, just new towels and coffee. Not problem had everything we needed right away.
The only thing I would say bothered me, went for breakfast just before 9:30, and everything was put away. I know that breakfast is over at 9:30, but I was before that by about 7 minuets, and I mean nothing was left out.

But overall the hotel is awesome

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had a little dog so I knew I may have a hard time finding a hotel room while we were in town for one night. I called the 1-800 to set a reservation since I had seen online that this Hotel accepted pets. I have also had a positive stay at Holiday Inn Express in several locations. The reservation price seemed high and since I had not had a chance to look around I said I would call back if I wanted to reserve. I then called directly to the hotel to see if I would get a different rate since that has been my experience. They did offer a different and lower rate but I still wanted to check around. Well, we got into town and since I didn't call and get a reservation elsewhere we went to check in. The rate I recieved was even different that the last two quoted (lower) which was good. We recieved a ground level room with a sliding door outside since we had our dog. This was very convenient for letting our dog in and out. The first thing I noticed was that one of the beds obviously had broken springs since there was a very obvious dip in the bed. The other bed seemed fine Both beds appeared to be well used and the hotel could benefit from new mattresses. We were placed right below a party in the conference room above. This happened to be a kids birthday party so there was a lot of jumping around which we had to hear until 8 p.m. when the party ended.
All in all, I would not stay again unless I could find no other option with our pet.
On a positive note, my husband liked the breakfast and the room seemed clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Kerber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

My name is Mark Kerber and I am the General Manager. We first want to let you know how much we appreciate your business. Our goal is to try and deliver a perfect stay for every guest every time they stay with us. Unfortunately there are times when things occur that are out of our control that can interrupt someone’s stay, like when someone is making noise.

Our meeting room is on the 2nd floor and we rent it out for all typed of functions from business meetings to social events. We do have rooms underneath our meeting room as you discovered. Meetings are limited to the hours of 8 AM to 9 PM. If a meeting is disrupting a guests stay, as in your case, a quick and painless solution would be to relocate that customer to a room that wasn’t underneath the meeting. However that might not be possible if the guest is traveling with pets.

In 2012 we had undergone a million dollar renovation with new carpet, wall coverings, furniture, TV’s, and more. Guests also enjoy our free hot buffet style breakfast and our evening welcome reception. We also remodeled our 24 hour pool and spa offering guests another reason to stay with us. When you make your next reservation, just ask to be away from the meeting room and our staff will certainly do their best to accommodate you.

Warmest Regards,

Mark Kerber,

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Having stayed at other places in the tri cities I decided to try this Holiday Inn for my last trip. Only stayed one night and my expereince could not have been better. This hotel was clean and the room was very comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and breakfast was exaclty what you get at all Holiday Inn express properties. Not the easiest locaiton to find but the GPS went right to it no problem. Close and convenient to everything. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

Because we had a dog, we got a room on the first floor with a slider to patio. The room was great, especially with such easy access to the outdoors for our puppy. We also enjoyed the pool very much. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012