“Pretty clean place”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Richland
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed 28 May 2007

Stayed here in May 2007. Place appears to be pretty new & was clean. Nice basic room.........lots of pillows on bed..........DSL, tv, microwave, & fridge in room. It was a bit noisy above with kids running up & down the hallway. Pretty simple but nice place, although with a final bill of about $140/night, I feel it's overpriced...........& that was with a AAA discount.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 21 March 2007

Where do I start? The hotel is noisy-you hear what's going on all around you. The beds are too low, making it uncomfortable to get in & out. The mattresses felt like they were purchased from a homeless shelter. I could feel EACH coils when I laid down. THE most uncomfortable bed I've ever paid to sleep in.

The front desk does nothing to address noise complaints. I called to complain about the "parade" that was going on in the room above us. The jumping and stomping went on for 3 hours.

I was so disappointed in my stay I called the corprate office when I got home. I got the standard "we're sorry" speech with a promise that someone would be in contact to rectify, or at least address, the probles we encountered. That was 2 months ago. Appearantly they have enough people who stay there that chhose to stay silent. It is sad to see a hotel chain built on customer service to let problem properties like this one go un-addressed!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank dtjward
Reviewed 11 April 2006

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with my daughter's softball team, in Richland for a tournament.

We found this to be a good choice for her team's stay. Our room had a king bed with a full size sofabed. Our two kids, age 8 and 11, slept together in the sofabed and had enough room.

We were able to bring our dog along. This hotel charges $10 extra per night for a pet, and places you in a first floor room so you can easily take your dog out the sliding glass door out to the grounds.

We had the free breakfast each morning. Nothing fancy, but plenty to get you out the door without feeling hungry.

The indoor pool is nice, with pool towels provided so you don't need to bring your own towels from your room.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Richland if they were interested in reasonably priced, family friendly accomodations.

1  Thank BeagleOwner
Reviewed 14 August 2003

We've stayed at this Holiday Inn twice. For my duaghters tenth birthday we thought it would be fun to have a sleep-over/pool party with five of her friends. We went a few weeks before the party to check out the hotel. The hotel had only been open about a month. The desk clerk show us all the different rooms, the breakfast area and the pool. We chose the Family Palor Suite. The room opened to a living area with a hide-a-bed sofa, end tables, coffee table, small dining table with two chairs and an armoire with a big tv, dvd player and safe. Off the living area was the kitchenett. There was a counter with a sink and drawers below. There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot.
Above the sink there were cupboards stocked with dishes, cups, bowls, silverware and even serving pieces for four people. They also had Rubbermaid containers for your leftovers and dish soap and kitchen towels. After the kitchen was a hall with a big closet on one side and the bathroom on the other side. The bathroom was huge! There was a nice, long counter and a whirlpool tub with a built-in-pillow (everyone tried that out and loved it). The hall lead to the bedroom. There were two double beds, a desk with swivel desk chair, club chair and ottoman, and another armoire with a tv and DVD player. The hotel offers a free breakfast with cereal, waffles, muffins, fruit, juice and coffee (typical free hotel breakfast). The pool area is very nice with a hot tub, waterfall, and a really cool retractable roof. This was a great place for a birthday party. The kids had a blast and the hotel staff was super nice. The kids loved being able to have a midnight swim.
After all the fun my daughter had with this party my son wanted the same for his birthday. This time we only had three kids, so we went for a smaller room. It had all the things of the first room, only the bathroom was much smaller, no whirlpool tub, one tv and everything was in one room. This room was no where near as nice and big as the first room. Also, I think the first time we stayed the staff must have been the people who go around and open new hotels for the chain and work until they hire local people to work. The new staff was not as helpful or friendly. The breakfast was not as good. They didn't have hot chocolate or fresh baked cookies at night the 2nd time (the kids loved being able to go and make hot chocolate anytime they wanted). Another thing that upset the kids was when they were swimming at around 10pm the desk clerk came in and said the pool was now closed to kids and made them leave. She did offer us a free DVD rental. The 2nd time the pool was dirty,I found a used bandaide on the deck, I had to call for towels everytime, the hottub jets would not turn on and I had to beg them to open the roof. The 1st time we got a cheaper rate for a bigger and better room (the hotel was full with a softball team the 1st time and dead the 2nd time). I even showed them my bill and they still would not lower the rate. We stayed because my son had his heart set on this hotel. And the last thing that bugged me the 2nd time was when I asked for a late check out (perk for Priority Club members) they were not going to give it to me because I didn't have my card. I called the 800 # and got my number and then they did let me have a late checkout. 1st stay they didn't even ask for my number or card when I asked for a late checkout. I would stay again only if I got the Family Palor Suite for a great rate.

7  Thank Hensandchickens