“Very nice hotel on the Columbia River”

Courtyard Richland Columbia Point
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Richland
San Mateo, California
“Very nice hotel on the Columbia River”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and I stayed one night and enjoyed the hotel. Great location on the river and about 100 yards walking distance from a restaurant called Anthony's. A great combination!
Easy access from the highway with plenty of parking. Room was clean and spacious but the refigerator was a little noisy. Excellent breakfast and a nice bar that opens in the evening. Would definitely stay there aagain.

Room Tip: Get a river view room. Costs a little more but worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rp-yp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I was not expecting a lot. The view of the Columbia is pretty. If you are going to stay there you should at least get a room overlooking the water because the rest of the hotel is pretty blah. We got a King on the top floor and there was nothing wrong with the room - honestly it is just a matter of taste - I prefer a more modern/clean lined color scheme and decor. My least favorite color is navy blue and there was a LOT of navy blue. Soundproofing is not great. I could hear the people in the next room over get up and get going in the morning. I really, really, really do not want to hear people in a hotel. I know it is possible! Perhaps I just haven't stayed at many Courtyards but it did surprise me that you had to pay for the breakfast the next morning. It was definitely a good breakfast, but at Holiday Inn Express or Embassy Suites it would have been part of the room rate. It is conveniently located near an Anythony's Restaurant. Overall it was probably more of a 3 1/2 star stay for me, but since that isn't an option I didn't feel quite prepared to stretch it to a 4.

Room Tip: Top floor has less noice. Make sure you get a river view to make it worthwhile.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Not2Girly
portland, oregon
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My wife and I chose this hotel since we read reviews about other chain hotels in the Prosser, WA that were close to the I-82 freeway and were noisy. Being on a wine tasting trip, we didn't want to go too far out of the way for lodging but wanted a good night's sleep. This hotel in Richland looked new and I've stayed in Marriott Courtyard properties before.

The hotel is built right against a boat moorage which feeds the Columbia River. A lovely view from rooms in the hotel that face the water. (make sure to ask for one) The front desk person was helpful and had a great attitude. We used a bellman's cart to haul our cases of wine purchased so far up to the room (309). The front desk person also recommended some restaurants.

Room was clean and quiet, everything was just the way it should be so no complaints. The next morning, we found a Starbucks down the road for coffee but the hotel did offer a number of breakfast options including an all-you-can-eat full breakfast for $10.99.

We'll stay here again, it was a great, quiet location and the price was reasonable too, especially compared to some of the B&Bs in town that are close to $200/night!

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pauloregon
Ooltewah, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2011

awesome stay-located right on the river. very helpful & friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 28 July 2011

There's nothing spectacular about this hotel, but it suited our needs perfectly. My husband was there for business so the kids and I tagged along. The draw was the location -- walking path, park, and food very close by. The rooms (we extended our stay and so changed rooms) were very clean, beds were comfortable - lots of pillows, TV was big, the air conditioner seemed pretty loud, but it could just be that I'm not used to it. Didn't hear any noise from the other rooms - only a little from the hallway. We used the pool a lot. Even though it's fairly small, the kids didn't mind. The price for breakfast was pretty steep, but easier than driving around -- plus there was a good variety of items. Would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: River view room not really worth the extra $20.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Hello Lassiesmom!
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Richland WA. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your honest feedback. We hope to serve you and your family again in the near future.

Kathy Moore - General Manager
Calif
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have thought about this hotel since my last stays there and will not stay there ever again. My thoughts are: I was missing a pair of trousers and 2 shirts after one particular week there.. One shirt was brand new and the other a higher end brand. I mentioned to management in email I was missing some clothing but no comment. While I travel for a living and have done so for 12 years I never remember "losing" clothing. Read into my comments what you will but as said in earlier post, I had several complaints about housekeeping there. Do I stay in CY's anymore? Absolutely, some are just better than others and CY's are usually very decent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Kathytime, General Manager at Courtyard Richland Columbia Point, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear ManoftravelCalif,
Thank you for commenting on your stay in Richland. We do not have a record of your e-mail message regarding missing clothing. We will gladly check for your belongings once we receive your reservation information. We apologize for this mis-communication. Your earlier TripAdvisor post indicated that "Houskeeping do very nice cleaning job." More specific information on what has changes is greatly appreciated. It is our goal to always provide consistent excellent service to all of our guests. Please contact us at 509-942-9400 or Kathy.moore@marriott.com regarding your lost items. Thank you for choosing the Richland Courtyard. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We have stayed here twice, and both times were highly impressed. The views, location adjacent to a great park, restaurants, walking trail...and of course fabulous views of the river!

• Stayed April 2011