“care is -not- their commitment”

Richland Inn and suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This will take a while... "No, you listen... Common sense" Shirley said as the (Shirley she said to my daughter) manager said "I have the power to kick you all out" in a dispute over my sweet kids playing and being kids... "she is mean" as my daughter said crying - This was From one of the times she has harassed my little children and I. (I have an 8,5,2 and newborn)

Besides the cold or non-existent customer service - Since she was trying to tell me that my children can not be outside basically - with out them right beside them + them only sitting or playing quietly I listed this for you to take your business elsewhere. Since her power trips do not work on me, I doubt anyone else would put up with it... I'm a very tolerant person but this manager was beyond rude - even compared to the tough characters I met when I was in the Army boot camp.

The reasons we left here:

{ Outside room }
(Dangerous for people and not a child-friendly place)
Parking only right off street
Police car sirens often
No breakfast
Thin walls, you could hear people walking from upstairs to Down stairs area outside loud
Dirty stairs in pool and dangerous painful seating in swim pool area
Rusty stairways
Closed spa is used for storage and unkept
Dangerous equipment out: My oldest hurt himself on a Broken down Dryer right beside pop and ice

{ Room issues }
(very run down)
Bug bites when woke
Old school bed with blood and other stains - I also hurt my leg on the bed frame that sticks out
Old tv and no VCR/DVD
Mis-represents by Saying pets are ok but than has a $100 fee for cats
Rusty Old Ac is too cold or turn it to a higher temp but than it gets to hot because it never kicks in on it's own
Burned through lamp shade
Rips in curtains that always stay a crack open
Burned hole in comforter
Furniture has stain and is generally worn out or holes or torn or combination of each
(Only Bad/good) It had a tiny fridge that had a holes where the handle should be so they replaced it with a nice new one when we first got there and asked what they could do about it.

{ Bathroom issues }
No ventilation fan
Flies and spiders and insects came and went - since we needed to leave window open all day and night for ventilation
Hard to shower since it's down low - hit chest and you have to duck down to rinse hair
Sink was real dirty in drain holes
Rusty medicine cabinet
Limited space for toiletries (good I had bags to hang)
Heater in bathroom was missing knob and it was rusty looking - so we did not even try to use it
Hard to Use Bathtub plug - since it stuck and hurt us to push when we needed to drain bath water (I love baths but I could not do them here)
Dirty mat for tub
Mildew and cobweb bathroom window
Toilet messed up and broken spotted holes and cracks on seat
Dirty hand dryer
No screen on the dirty window
Moldy bathtub
Stained, Ratty and lovely Holes in (supposed to be white) towels
Tub drain is clogged and real dirty
Dirty door and old handle
When I first got there I had to tighten door clipping - as it was falling off
The bathroom door sticks too

The list could goes on and on - of how run down this place is... We would rather be anywhere but there, ever again - photographs available!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stay here multiple times through the year and I love the motel. Its a smaller motel with a un pleasing exterior but the rooms are very comfortable and clean. yes this room does need some updating but a great family friendly place! I would suggest this motel to anybody that is traveling through richland or is here for the boat races!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I stay in hotel about 30 day's a year. and I am 55 year's old. Believe me when I say that I have NEVER stayed at a place that was so run down. The picture they post on the web site is nothing like what you get. The rooms smelled, there pool water was green, and the spa witch is in a little room with the ice machine smelled like swamp water. So if you want to stay in a run down hotel then this is the place for you. You would be better off spinding the money on paying a tent to stay in for the money you would spend on a room.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kdbbarnes
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I'm am writing this review nearly three years after that fact because it still bothers me and the awefulness of our stay there comes up at every family function. I was there for my own wedding and between our family we had rented 8+ rooms. We arrived late at night and had no other options so we were forced to stay. My sister inlaw gave up part way through the night and brought her children out to sleep in the car because of blood and hair found in the sheets. The power in my bathroom did not work and I attempted to get ready for my wedding day in the dark. My grooms men were in a room with a broken windom which just had tape over it, and a ladder from the ground floor leading up to it. (creepy) The roll away cot that they provided in one of the rooms was so old that when it was sat on my brother actually fell through to the floor! Oh and don't bother about the hot tub, not only was it stinky and not clean there was actual literal garbage floating in it... a lot of garbage. I was literally concerned for the hygenic safety of my wedding party while staying here. When ever we see a dive place that looks like you would want to have all your shots before entering... someone always comments "well at least it's not another knights inn." I have read reviews about different hotels and the horrible experiences people had, and then go for myself to find out it's really not as bad as they made it out to be... this is EXACTLY as bad as I'm making it out to be.

• Stayed: December 2009
3  Thank TravelinLoveBirds
Reviewed 23 July 2009

If you like a cheap room that smells like stale smoke, has an unclean feeling, a hole in the bathtub where the plug lever used to be, and gets noisier outside your room as the night progresses...well, then I guess you might like the Knights Inn. You won't be able to find the Knights Inn however, because the sign at the Motel says, "BALI-HI".

The accommodations outside the rooms isn't any better. The swimming pool had scum and cigarette buts floating on it; the utility room was filthy and some of the machines were shoved into a corner in disarray; the hot tub was empty and in a separate room that had chains on the doors; there was a barbecue grill sitting next to the vending machines that had at least a half inch of filthy build-up on the grates; and the ice freezer was disgustingly dirty with no ice, but instead, someone's frozen meats sitting in the bottom of it.

We did not stay the night and asked for a refund after being intimidated out by some of the motel guests in the neighboring room. The refund was denied and we were referred to the district manager. Refund still pending.

2  Thank travelnot
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The check in process was a learning experience for the little girl that was obviously not ready to address the public yet. OK, no harm done we got through it. The grounds are nothing like the pictures on the web. The pool was dirty with cigarette butts and the jacuzzi was out of commission altogether. We got to our room and at first glance looked acceptable. Once we started settling in, we noticed the coffee pot was dirty, the bathroom floor was sticky, the bathtub had a large hole where the mechanism to operate the plug should go and paint was pealing off the ceiling. Oh yeah and the entire room smelt like mildew. As evening fell and we were trying to settle in for the night, the floor started to vibrate. What the??? After about 30 minutes of the room vibrating we got that stopped. Finally, quiet....Nope, lots of commotion outside. People mulling around and visiting loudly right outside our room. Long story short, we left in the middle of the night in our PJ's to another motel. We went back the next day requesting reimbursement. Not only did the manager say she couldn't reimburse me, she was VERY rude about it. I've included a couple of photos to show how clean the place is.

1  Thank BigLilly
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This place has used both Knight's Inn and Bali Hi~ switching back and forth after each sale? Don't know, perhaps it is an effort to rid itself of the reputation we found that it has.
The rooms are not just dirty (don't sit in the chairs) but also unsafe (peeling paint and 4" hole left in tub where the control lever used to be) among many other unpleasant issues. The topper was when the manager came to the desk in her pajamas to tend to the front desk during business hours.
There are rows of what looks like ultra cheap little apartments behind this motel that seem to house folks that use the funky barbecues perched here and there on the motel grounds. The hot tub is dry and locked up, the grounds are dirty and ill kempt. That should be about all you need to know to determine if this is your kind of place.
Must say that the price is super cheap and if you bring your own bedding, and don't mind the constant din of folks strolling by your door and yelling at each other well then....

1  Thank westwynd2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland
M Hotel & Conference Center
Super 8 Kennewick
#5 of 17 in Kennewick
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities

Been to Richland Inn and suites? Share your experiences!