“Warning! Old motel need updating”

Richland Inn and suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Richland
“Warning! Old motel need updating”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed a week and were very sorry. Had to change sheets myself. Motel had ran out of towel. No pillow cases till morning. Ran out of toilet paper? Really! And tissues! . The towels that we got looked like someone coloured their hair. That is when we got them! Also motel was sold out over weekend so where does money go to? Not supplies or upkeep.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed 11 February 2013

the first room they gave us the faucet for the bathtub wasn't even connected so water shot out and you couldn't even shower, and the bathroom sink leaked so loud sleeping wouldn't have happened. The second room wasn't as bad but the heater made this horrible noise all freaking night it sounded like it was pouring water in the room. They advertised free wi fi but it didn't work either of the 2 nights we stayed. The pool and spa were empty and full of furniture, There was no plate in the microwave. And even though there was a ice bucket in the room the ice machine didn't work and I was told there was no ice on the property and I could go to the gas station 2 miles down the road! This is the WORST place I have ever stayed and I will NEVER go back.

Room Tip: there are none!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2012

after the "stellar" customer service i experienced on the phone from the alleged owner of this motel, i could never in good concious recommend this hotel for ANY kind of stay. RUDE RUDE RUDE.... very sad, that the hotel we had made a point of making reservations at two other times has tanked so quickly.

Room Tip: find another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This will take a while... "No, you listen... Common sense" Shirley said as the (Shirley she said to my daughter) manager said "I have the power to kick you all out" in a dispute over my sweet kids playing and being kids... "she is mean" as my daughter said crying - This was From one of the times she has harassed my little children and I. (I have an 8,5,2 and newborn)

Besides the cold or non-existent customer service - Since she was trying to tell me that my children can not be outside basically - with out them right beside them + them only sitting or playing quietly I listed this for you to take your business elsewhere. Since her power trips do not work on me, I doubt anyone else would put up with it... I'm a very tolerant person but this manager was beyond rude - even compared to the tough characters I met when I was in the Army boot camp.

The reasons we left here:

{ Outside room }
(Dangerous for people and not a child-friendly place)
Parking only right off street
Police car sirens often
No breakfast
Thin walls, you could hear people walking from upstairs to Down stairs area outside loud
Dirty stairs in pool and dangerous painful seating in swim pool area
Rusty stairways
Closed spa is used for storage and unkept
Dangerous equipment out: My oldest hurt himself on a Broken down Dryer right beside pop and ice

{ Room issues }
(very run down)
Bug bites when woke
Old school bed with blood and other stains - I also hurt my leg on the bed frame that sticks out
Old tv and no VCR/DVD
Mis-represents by Saying pets are ok but than has a $100 fee for cats
Rusty Old Ac is too cold or turn it to a higher temp but than it gets to hot because it never kicks in on it's own
Burned through lamp shade
Rips in curtains that always stay a crack open
Burned hole in comforter
Furniture has stain and is generally worn out or holes or torn or combination of each
(Only Bad/good) It had a tiny fridge that had a holes where the handle should be so they replaced it with a nice new one when we first got there and asked what they could do about it.

{ Bathroom issues }
No ventilation fan
Flies and spiders and insects came and went - since we needed to leave window open all day and night for ventilation
Hard to shower since it's down low - hit chest and you have to duck down to rinse hair
Sink was real dirty in drain holes
Rusty medicine cabinet
Limited space for toiletries (good I had bags to hang)
Heater in bathroom was missing knob and it was rusty looking - so we did not even try to use it
Hard to Use Bathtub plug - since it stuck and hurt us to push when we needed to drain bath water (I love baths but I could not do them here)
Dirty mat for tub
Mildew and cobweb bathroom window
Toilet messed up and broken spotted holes and cracks on seat
Dirty hand dryer
No screen on the dirty window
Moldy bathtub
Stained, Ratty and lovely Holes in (supposed to be white) towels
Tub drain is clogged and real dirty
Dirty door and old handle
When I first got there I had to tighten door clipping - as it was falling off
The bathroom door sticks too

The list could goes on and on - of how run down this place is... We would rather be anywhere but there, ever again - photographs available!

• Stayed July 2012
Kennewick, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stay here multiple times through the year and I love the motel. Its a smaller motel with a un pleasing exterior but the rooms are very comfortable and clean. yes this room does need some updating but a great family friendly place! I would suggest this motel to anybody that is traveling through richland or is here for the boat races!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Benton City, Washington
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I stay in hotel about 30 day's a year. and I am 55 year's old. Believe me when I say that I have NEVER stayed at a place that was so run down. The picture they post on the web site is nothing like what you get. The rooms smelled, there pool water was green, and the spa witch is in a little room with the ice machine smelled like swamp water. So if you want to stay in a run down hotel then this is the place for you. You would be better off spinding the money on paying a tent to stay in for the money you would spend on a room.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kdbbarnes
Pullman, WA
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I'm am writing this review nearly three years after that fact because it still bothers me and the awefulness of our stay there comes up at every family function. I was there for my own wedding and between our family we had rented 8+ rooms. We arrived late at night and had no other options so we were forced to stay. My sister inlaw gave up part way through the night and brought her children out to sleep in the car because of blood and hair found in the sheets. The power in my bathroom did not work and I attempted to get ready for my wedding day in the dark. My grooms men were in a room with a broken windom which just had tape over it, and a ladder from the ground floor leading up to it. (creepy) The roll away cot that they provided in one of the rooms was so old that when it was sat on my brother actually fell through to the floor! Oh and don't bother about the hot tub, not only was it stinky and not clean there was actual literal garbage floating in it... a lot of garbage. I was literally concerned for the hygenic safety of my wedding party while staying here. When ever we see a dive place that looks like you would want to have all your shots before entering... someone always comments "well at least it's not another knights inn." I have read reviews about different hotels and the horrible experiences people had, and then go for myself to find out it's really not as bad as they made it out to be... this is EXACTLY as bad as I'm making it out to be.

• Stayed December 2009