“New Owner = Great Stay”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Richland
San Diego, California
“New Owner = Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was so impressed with the refresh, I have stayed here many times but with the remodeling made it that much better. I stay here for the best rate in to town clean rooms and good location .I work at the Hanford site which is very close from hotel

Room Tip: don't believe the other reviews till you try it
Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank jose m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

You know, I try and give businesses the benefit of the doubt, especially mom-n-pop places. That's someone's livelihood, after all. So when I destroy an establishment in a review, you know they've messed up. Sadly the Bali Hi Motel falls squarely in that category. Not the worst place I've stayed - but pretty far down the list.

The good -
Very cheap. The room cost me and my traveling companion 56 bucks for the night. Unfortunately, in this instance, you get what you pay for.

The location is pretty close to downtown Richland, seems reasonably safe, and there are no train tracks nearby. Probably the worst thing I could say is that it's a neighbor (more or less) to one of the world's biggest toxic waste dump. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the purpose of your visit to the Tri-Cities.

The noise levels are acceptable. It's on a main drag, so there is some traffic noise, but that dies down pretty much around midnight. There was a ambulance that went by, but only one - so I would say that the other reviews that mention sirens in the night might be accurate and we got lucky with just one aid car the whole night.

No bedbugs. I know that's an odd Good bullet point to mention, but other reviews mentioned bug bites. Perhaps it was just my room, but I detected no such wee beasties.

The room itself was actually quite spacious.

The Bad -
The motel is really shabby. Rust stains in the sink and tub, a rip in the upholstery of the room's couch, a heater that wouldn't turn all the way off, not much ventilation in the room, the bedside lamp missing the on/off knob, one source of light for the whole room. The place needs a good sprucing up.

The bed - the mattress was super firm, almost like sleeping on a rock. The pillows were tiny and under fluffed, you'd need 3 or 4 of them to make one normal sized pillow. There was no sheet on the bed - just the under sheet and the comforter. And there was a huge stain on one corner of the comforter itself.

The couch, total butt-biter. Sit down and you'll sink into it - no support whatsoever.

The ventilation. I already mentioned the heater that wouldn't turn off, meaning the room was stifling around 2 in the morning. Also, that mean that there was a constant, low ticking from the unit as it warmed and expanded and jumped through it's little heater hoops.

The Whatever -
The Television was a old tube set from the middle aughts. It served the purpose, but don't expect super sexy HD.

No ice bucket (or, as near as I can tell, no ice machine).

This isn't the motel's fault, so I wont hold it against them - but plan for your dinners! There one really terrible Chinese place directly across the street and I could see a Burger King a couple of blocks away. But aside from that, there is no restaurants nearby. And apparently Tri-Cities closes super early, so make sure you've got your food needs taken care of before you settle in.

All in all, this motel accomplishes my barest minimum when sleeping in the road: a roof over my head, a reasonably quiet room and a reasonably comfortable bed at a fair price. However, I cant help shake the skeezy feeling about the motel, something about it just seems 'off' somehow. If I could rate an establishment 1.5 stars, I would do so. It's not quite a bottom tier motel, but it's not a two star motel either. So, I round down and explain my reasoning within.

Room Tip: Check your room out first! Make sure it meets your acceptable standards before you pay!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tardis-Geek

Travellers are raving about these Richland hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

This is a budget motel. The new manager super nice and is doing her best to make it a good value. It is as clean they can make it without tearing out all of the carpet and replacing the furniture. Shower was hot and had good water pressure and the bathroom was clean. Oh and dogs allowed too for $10 extra. Be sure to ask for a good rate.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank katherinego
Solana Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Needed a cheap room and this place was close to my job site.
Not clean and very old worn out building. The owners or Thea Ager on duty in tied me for dinner as there were a group of people BBQ:ing I though that was nice but already had dinner plans.
Not going to stay here another night.
Found old nuts behind bed tables and silverfish in bathroom

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed a week and were very sorry. Had to change sheets myself. Motel had ran out of towel. No pillow cases till morning. Ran out of toilet paper? Really! And tissues! . The towels that we got looked like someone coloured their hair. That is when we got them! Also motel was sold out over weekend so where does money go to? Not supplies or upkeep.

• Stayed November 2012
Marysville, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

the first room they gave us the faucet for the bathtub wasn't even connected so water shot out and you couldn't even shower, and the bathroom sink leaked so loud sleeping wouldn't have happened. The second room wasn't as bad but the heater made this horrible noise all freaking night it sounded like it was pouring water in the room. They advertised free wi fi but it didn't work either of the 2 nights we stayed. The pool and spa were empty and full of furniture, There was no plate in the microwave. And even though there was a ice bucket in the room the ice machine didn't work and I was told there was no ice on the property and I could go to the gas station 2 miles down the road! This is the WORST place I have ever stayed and I will NEVER go back.

Room Tip: there are none!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

after the "stellar" customer service i experienced on the phone from the alleged owner of this motel, i could never in good concious recommend this hotel for ANY kind of stay. RUDE RUDE RUDE.... very sad, that the hotel we had made a point of making reservations at two other times has tanked so quickly.

Room Tip: find another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family