“Couldn't fault this hotel”

Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Richland
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault this hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel while working in the area. The room was very comfortable with two big beds. There is a big tv in the room, a large desk, a fridge (not stocked :( though) There is also a microwave. The breakfast is very good too with plenty to chose fromt o set you up for the day.

There is a river at the back of the hotel and you can pay extra to have a room with a balcony and a view. I never had this. There is an outdoor pool which looks lovely, see the photo. But it was a bit too cold for that. There is also a gym.

The decor is a bit aged at the hotel, but it is clean.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!!

We are so glad you had a good time. Come back and see us when the weather warms up... the river and pool will be waiting.

Until we see you again...safe travels.

Ian - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

When I arrived, the check in was prompt, and they had me in a courtyard King room. I opened the door and was pleasantly surprised with the large well appointed room. There was a door to a patio outside my room with a couple of chairs. This was a pleasant surprise. I was immediately relaxed.

Some highlights, good lighting, large rooms, nice bathrooms, large desk, comfortable bed, quiet HVAC. The wireless Internet connection was pretty fast for Hotel standards.

If you are looking for a highly polished Hotel, this is not your Hotel. The rooms are the highlight if you are staying here. The Hotel has been around for a few decades, and it is a little worn. But they make up for it with good customer service, and a fair rate. It's also right on the river. I also liked being able to sit in the courtyard on my own patio after a long day of work. Beats being boxed in in your typical biz Hotel.

Would I stay here again. You bet!

Stayed April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review!!

I am so glad we came to the rescue. We strive to create the best possible experience for everyone who stays .... it sounds like we hit the mark with you!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have stayed here on several occassions and have always enjoyed my stay. Very friendly staff. Clean comfortable rooms. Convenient location right on the Columbia River and easy access to the Hanford Site. Well equipped fitness center, better than most hotels.

Probably the only comment is that the Hanford House, like most Red Lions I have stayed at, was built back in the 70's (or earlier) and maintains the 70's style and decor i,e. dark carpets, dark wood panelling, dark curtains, dark wood doors etc. But as long as you can live with some 70's style, you will enjoy the Hanford House.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have balconies and a view of the Columbia River (although you will probably pay a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bllngrsll
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I agree we have one of the best locations in the area and with friendly staff, clean rooms and a great fitness center you cannot go wrong.
Its so good to hear you have been with us several times, we love making this hotel your home away from home.

Until your next visit...safe travels.

Yakima Valley, Washington
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wow, paid for and reserved a room with a view of the Colombia River for Our Honeymoon, we got a room with a view of the parking lot and the Heat/AC was broke so it was 80 degrees, we had to leave the door open so we listened to the goings on in the parking lot and still slept on the bed? they promised to send a repair person and they Never arrived, they could not give us another room,,,, so we were forced to find another Hotel. Wow,, I just retired, stayed at a lot of Red Lions, Never asked a Girl to Marry me, and the Love of my Life and I found a little hide away on Clover Island !!! Be careful, they Promised to make it right, but after we left,,,,they won't reply? Even to email... Good Luck!!

Room Tip: I'm not sure how to make someone honorable, but if it's not right when You arrive, it may be...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveEEEohhh
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
This is not the experience we would want our guests to have, and I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit. I have not been able to find any communication from you in our data base so I would ask you contact me directly so we can discuss a remedy directly.
I can be reached at 509-946-3830 (direct line)

Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Hanford House is an older property that is starting to really show its age. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable but the walls, doors and furniture really need to be repaired or replaced. the heating system in the guest rooms is useless if you turn it on you are very hot; turn it off and you freeze the controls have adjustments but they did nothing. Everything in the building just has a run down feel to it. Even the furniture in the lobby needs to be replaced it is passed the stage that cleaning would be adequate.
The breakfast area has a spectacular view of the river and the breakfast buffet is fine eggs, meats, potatoes and breads. Fresh fruit salad is also offered.
With all the newer properties in the tri-cities they need to renovate soon. I think it is pricey for what you get.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The hotel itself is adequate. Clean, the beds are quite nice, big TVs, but there is very low water pressure in the shower and the ceiling was peeling a bit in the entry foyer. I only ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was basic and straightforward. The location is very nice. Right next to the river and a nice bike/walking trail that I only got to take advantage of once. If I go back to Richland (and I hope I do), I would stay here just because of its location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jemote
HHCC, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Richland Hanford House, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay!
We certainly do appreciate the business we receive, but more importantly we enjoy the relationships that are created when we have a guest stay in our home! I noted your comments about the water pressure and peeling celing and have already informed Engineering to attend to these issues.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The room was large, location absolutely excellent. The grounds are right on the river, adjacent to a fantastic, scenic bike/walking trail. Georgeous background for power walking.

The facility is quite large, yet the restaraunt and lounge had big mid day stretches of time with no food or beverages available. The hockey families that flooded the place over the weekend made it extremely difficult to sleep in --and I travel with good earplugs. They were a herd of loud foot stomping and outdoor voices. I'm all for family fun, athletics and I understand kids are exuberant, but the hotel halls and lobby aren't where I want to be hearing a hockey game starting at 6 or 7 am. Complaints to the front desk weren't effective- their response, "It's hard when the parents aren't cooperating."
The room key system seems to be an issue here. We had to have keys reprogrammed 3 times in one day and several other times we heard or saw others getting theirs reset too. Small annoyance, but it was a long walk to the desk and back repeatedly.

All in all, the place was a bit worn but clean, staff was polite, beds were comfy, room size nice, parking easy, food was good (when available) and outdoor space excellent.

Room Tip: Try to get a riverside room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
I have to agree we have one of the best locations in the Tri Cities, I'm glad you were able to power walk!
I noted from your review the concerns over noise when you visited us. I have added extra security to the hotel when we have large sports teams in house and this is proving to be effective in controling the issue. I will also be looking into our Food & Beverage opening times in due course.

Thanks again