“BEST fish tacos!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Barbie's is one of our favorite places to eat! So sad that they will be closing soon. :( The fish tacos are out of this world and the desserts that I have had were all very good!!

1  Thank navywife225

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I came across this cafe by accident on a sight seeing drive after I just moved across the country to Washington state. I was greeted immediately by Barbie herself and felt right at home. The kicking crab chowder is beyond amazing and you have to save room for dessert especially her homemade pies from scratch. I came to the cafe every weekend for years just for this meal. You won't regret it! Worth the 36hrs I drove to get it

1  Thank Mandz516
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Barbie's Café is at Seabeck, a harbor and marina on Hood Canal off of Puget Sound in Washington. It's been there for years, in an old General Store on the dock. The atmosphere is very enjoyable nautical, and is managed by it's owner, Barbie. The food is good, and there are some interesting items on the menu and changes with the season. When the weather is nice, they have an outside patio, very much over the water. With only about 8-10 tables, they fill fast, but they do take reservations. They open early and close early.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have really wanted to try Barbie's for some time, and finally had the chance today. We were greeted immediately and seated. My husband and I both chose their club sandwich, I ordered mine without mayonnaise. And, then the wait began.

They really weren't that busy, just three or four tables with two already eating their food. We waited forever....25 minutes....for cold sandwiches and potato chips. The food finally came, and it looked great, but they put mayonnaise on mine. Afraid that it would take another 25 minutes to fix, I decided to suck it up. The sandwich was actually very good, aside from the mayo slathered throughout.

The waitress apologized for the mayonnaise, and offered us a dessert. This was really nice of her, and we accepted. We tried their apple dumpling, which was good. The price for two club sandwiches and two drinks came to $30.00....that is really expensive for sandwiches! A little disappointed by our experience with the wait and the price :(

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and I live up on Wildcat Lake about six miles from Barbie's. We love going there because it's so laid back and sits right out on the water looking across Hood Canal to the Olympic Mountains...one of the most beautiful views in WA state. We've been eating there for many years. The breakfasts are always delicious and the cooks are seriously cordial...almost always saying goodbye to us as we head out the door after eating. I'm a biscuits and gravy lover and Barbie's biscuits are likely the best I've ever had...light, fluffy and BIG! The omelets are tasty and if you're a "wealthy" man or woman you can even get delicious crab omelets. I have but one complaint regarding my last visit on Sunday 11/4: the decaf coffee was terrible...thin and flavorless. I've consistently had much better decaf on the local ferries. I also asked three times of two different servers for a refill. Finally got it...third time's a charm? Busy or not...when you're sitiing at a table right next to the kitchen, you should be able to get a coffee refill pretty easily, right? We used to be able to fill our own coffee cups, but that method apparently went belly-up due to space considerations. But we'll be back because we love the charm, the cooks, and the food. And we like supporting local businesses.