“The motel should be condemned”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Seatac Inn

Seatac Inn
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Ferndale, Washington
“The motel should be condemned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

The motel has a sign in the lobby which states you have 10 minutes to request refund after checkin of room. This should have been my first clue that there is a problem. I was assigned a room in back part of hotel and it was the most disgusting room I have ever seen. The wood decking walk way was rotten, and the front window of room had a large crack extending 3/4 way across the window. The room stunk and I could see blatent dirt on carpet and linoleum. Cob webs were hanging from ceiling, toilet was dirty, rust was everywhere, cigarette holes were on furniture, blanket smelled like horse manure, and the front cracked window was so dirty I could not see out of it. Front door would not lock in a safe manner. My first impression was this room must be used for drug deals and other similiar purposes. This room is fit for barn animals only! I immediately requested a refund and drove down the street and paid $20.00 more for a room at Days Inn which was clean and safe. The health department should inspect this business!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. There are multiple hotels within 5 mile radius which are reasonably price...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Julie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had planned on trying somewhere, but the only other location close in price was going to charge an ‘$6 airport fee’ for their ‘free’ shuttle if I used their coupon. So today I was cheap again and I’m back.

There is a sign in the lobby that says you have 10 minutes to checkout your room or no refunds. This is always a good idea … and a really good idea if they have to post a sign reminding you.

See my June 2011 review for pictures, I did take more pictures this visit but nothing has changed in two years, just re-read my review … and nothing has changed. It is still an old motel where things are repaired rather than replaced.

To compare it to any chain motels, it ‘might’ meet the standards of Rodeway Inn (Choice) or Knights Inn (Wyndham).

Staff was friendly/helpful and room met my basic’s of clean, quiet and warm … and the towels looked ‘new.’ But due to the number of items that should be replaced instead of repaired, and keeping in mind you get what you pay for, I’ll give it a 3 again.

Room Tip: 1) If you are going to go this cheap, use a coupon and go cheaper. 2) Walk to the airport, there is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

this hotel is old and needs a complete renew,the location is great next to South Center Mall and the Airport,but other than that their is nothing,the staff is nice always,it is cheap and that is want you get,it was clean and quite <

Room Tip: take the second floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kenai, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I came in to the King Street Railway Station on the AMTRAK train around 8:00 PM (arrived around 30 minutes early!) and got a shuttle back to the airport in order to catch a flight to Victoria, BC around noon the next day. I'd told my travel agent I wanted something convenient to the airport, and economical; that's what I got, it was only $48 (the shuttle cost $40!). The Seatac Inn is very convenient to the SEATAC Airport terminal, and next door to a Denny's Restaurant, which was very convenient to get breakfast there. It was a bit run down, but seemed clean (I didn't look too close!). All in all, OK.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Glenmont, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

This is a family run budget motel with few frills but a very friendly, welcoming staff. They have free wi-fi and free parking as a guest. Sure it could use updating but for a short stay when traveling out of town it is ideally located and for the budget minded serves its purpose. They have coffee and tea in the lobby and a shuttle to the airport, and Denny's is right next door. Location is easy to find and International Drive is easily accessible to major roads. I would come here again the next time I am flying out of Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Gladstone, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Before staying here, I read every review on this site. They are all fair reviews. The hotel has pro's and cons. If you want to be right at the airport and walking distance to cheap diners, you're in the right place. International Way has that. I got a $37 room on Hotwire, and it was almost worth every penny. Upon check-in, I gave my last name to a disinterested staff member, and they passed over a room key and a piece of paper with the Wifi code on it. It took all of 10 seconds. They did not ask for my ID or credit card. I guess since I was prepaid they didn't need either, but it's a little unnerving to know that perhaps no-one else at the motel had given ID either. We parked behind the motel. It seems that it's a pretty sketchy area, and it was on my mind that evening and the next morning that my car would be broken into. It was not, but I would not have been surprised if it had. The room was dusty and needs work. The bathtub/shower was on it's last legs. Some surfaces were peeling at the edges. But none of these things worry me. The room was warm, and the wifi connected immediately and was very fast. The hotel has free wifi (great) free parking (sketchy, but good to have), and free breakfast. The breakfast was horrible coffee and a half-muffin. Everything else was gone. Housekeeping burst into our room at 7:55am, at which time I was getting dressed, and the chain on the door protected me from embarrassment. 7:55 is way too early for housekeeping, ESPECIALLY with no knock or announcement. I was paranoid about bedbugs throughout the night, but that did not seem to be an issue. All in all we got what we paid for (not much). But if you have an extra $20 for room and $20 for parking, stay in Seattle instead.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank theKiwi
Yantai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

We've been coming here for about 8 years on our annual sabbatical from China. Its a family operation with a small staff to supplement. Always friendly, willing to bring from and to the airport, great access to the airport on foot if you like and to the light-rail to downtown Seattle.

the accommodations are very very simple. They remodel one room at a time, some of their guests do tear things up, so yes there have been a few times that something needed fixing. The maintenance man is always cheerful and ready to make it work. We always have a kitchenette, more room, sometimes our son has flown in from east coast to join us. Good base of operations.

I see some comments about conditions. They're not new. Also they don't cost you 150 and up a night. The morning muffins and coffee work for wake-up. We keep valuables in the office area. The back area is probably less secure . . since only camera for the desk clerk to watch. If you want cheap, accommodating, friendly, flexible convenient service. This is the place.

Room Tip: have always had rooms adjacent to the office, both 2nd and 1st floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple