“Bad - just bad”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad - just bad”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The rooms were nice initially, but as I started to walk around, I realized that the room kind of smelled. I can't really describe what it smelled like - just weird. Then I realized that my feet were feeling a bit gross. There was a disgusting film on my feet. I walked around in shoes or socks for the rest of the trip - especially when I realized that the air conditioning was leaking water.

The hotel is so huge, we got lost just trying to find the restaurant. The coffee shop was basically out of food when we went down at 8ish. And good luck trying to find the business center to print out plane tickets. We flew in from Anchorage, stayed overnight to catch a flight across the country so we weren't there for long, but this place is just icky.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CM S S
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the carpet issues and have addressed the other A/C issue with our maintenance team. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.
Jessica Harris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for years and have seen that the managment has done a lot of updating. The tower rooms are really nice, updated just a couple of years ago. The front desk is really friendly and always give their terrific cookies. I read a few of the previous comments - not been my experience and again I've been coming 2-3 times a year for about 7 years. They recenty started offering internet for free, which is a big plus. THe shuttles always run on time and it's just nice overall. I will always come back here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for the great 5 star review on Trip Advisor! We are so happy to continue to welcome you back all of these years. We are thrilled that you have continued to have great experiences during each of your stays. We can’t wait to see you again!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Okay, it's a Doubletree, and it's next to the airport. That pretty much says it all.

There's a tower, as well as a multi-storey low-rise set of wings that surround a large courtyard with a pool. I stayed in the low-rise. The room was spacious and well-furnished, not new but not too old, either. The bed was comfortable, and the AC was quiet. I didn't notice airport noise. The bathroom was not overly large, but not confining, either; it seemed to be newer than the rest of the room. There's a fitness center that I didn't explore. Overall service was good. My only complaints are the price of parking ($21/day!) and the usual overpriced restaurant.

As a Hilton HHonors member, I got free wifi--don't know if there's a charge for non-HHonors members. There's a free shuttle to and from Sea-Tac every 20 minutes.

The Doubletree at Sea-Tac is a good choice. I just can't think of anything that makes it stand out from any other Doubletree.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope that you enjoyed your overall stay. We appreciate your comments regarding our parking and restaurant charges and will be sure that your feedback is shared with our management staff. We hope that if you return to the area, you will stay with us again so that we can make your stay the best it can be.
Lowell, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2014

First of all, I appreciate the closeness to the airport and the Light Rail. All was within walking distance. I got the warm cookie and things then sort of went flat. Not bad - just flat. For example, the walk from the main lobby to the 'wings' of the hotels sort of made me feel like I was in the 1970's. There was a dated feeling to the hotel. At one point, I was joking that it need the tiki torches or the large wood or stone heads from the islands. I was even feeling very Brady Bunch about the place.

Customer services was great and I appreciate the efforts by the front desk and lobby staff to provide information and help. The restaurant was lacking. Yes, you can purchase a $15.00 hamburger there with cold home made kettle chips. Not recommended. There are other places to eat away from the hotel. Try them out - they'll be cheaper and better.

The room (4106) was on the ground floor of the fourth wing. I had a view of the lake. It was a nice little lake (bigger than a pond - smaller than a lake), but it did put you in a relaxing place. I appreciate the view. If you looked closely across the lake - you could see the trailer park on the other side. Nothing bad, it's just the other side of the lake.

The room felt dated, but clean. The HVAC system worked well and I liked being able to regulate the temperature with a digital thermostat. It's a good place to stay - parking is high because the airport owns the parking spaces. Kind of crazy, isn't it? I would come back and stay knowing what I experienced. Not highly recommended on my list.

Room Tip: Find a room on the 4th Wing with a lake view. You'll appreciate the difference.
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear that you were not fully satisfied during your stay with us. Our goal is to provide each guest with an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that may need improvements. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The good and the bad . First the good : very close to sea airport, complimentary shuttle runs promptly every 20 min. Friendly professional staff, comfortable beds and pillows, coffee maker in room, nice pool, a couple of good restaurants across the street and of course the 300 calorie delicious warm cookie given to you at check in. Now the bad : long walk to get to your room, room needs updating , no refrigerator in room , and the cookie has 300 calories.

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed many of our on property amenities and that our close proximity to SeaTac airport was convenient to you. Thank you for your feedback on future improvements as well. We are always working to improve our guests’ experience. We hope you will be back again soon!
Nipomo, California
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We checked in to the Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport after a long all day drive. We approach the desk and there are two customers being assisted and we are next in line. After about 5 minutes, a couple walks up to the 'Hilton Honors' line. A lady comes out of the back and immediately addresses the people at the Hilton Honors line. I mean I realize this must be a nice perk for those who are Hilton Honors members, to be taken care of before all others even when those who aren't in that line were waiting for much longer... At least acknowledge us underprivileged people and say that you will be right with them. Just bad customer service is perceived when you do that. I booked my reservation directly on the Hilton website paying extra for a King room with a Mountain View. Unfortunately that was not what I received, but instead had an unrestricted view of the Airport and International Boulevard which by the way seems to be the normal route for Ambulance and Police going full lights and siren every 5 minutes or so. That's not the hotels fault. I'd be accepting of this had I not paid the extra dough for the mountain view which does not face the airport and main busy streets. I call the front desk and am transferred to someone else without even letting me finish my sentence. After about 10 rings, someone picks up and hears my gripe, then says "well that room is actually coded as a mountain view room" and gave me some code number like I'm to know what all of that means. Then she puts me on hold. 5 seconds later someone else comes on the line and asks if she can help me. I explain that someone else was helping me and she says "ok" placing me back on hold. Then again after a short time, someone comes on the line asking if they could help me... What in the world is up with this customer service? Finally the original person comes back on the line saying "Are you still there?" So then she says that they don't have any other like rooms that I had actually paid for but instead could put me in a room with two queen beds. Ok, that will work. At least she made some sort of accommodation. She sends someone up with a new set of keys and the guy does not even say hi, but rather just says "I need your old keys", never offering to help move our luggage. We move over to our new room, 1273 put the key in and attempt to open the door... The door gets stuck as if warped. After forcing it open, I notice a musty smell plus an odor of old cigarettes. I can only assume this use to be a smoking room. Lock on the bathroom door is jammed, toilet paper roll holder is loose and dangles causing the roll to come out. Towels what I assume use to be white are now a slight whitish grey and have definitely been in circulation a while. This hotel is in serious need of a renovation. The carpets, popcorn ceiling, old smells that have permeated the walls and carpets... I'm reminded why I typically stay at Marriott brand properties because I have not had these issues. I'm not in any way high maintenance or stuck up. It's just that when you are led to believe you are getting one thing and end up getting something else, the little things, good and bad will stand out. I recommend staying elsewhere. I will not recommend this property to anyone. On a good note, the cookies are awesome!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear DoubleTree Guest,
I sincerely apologize that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I spoke with Rachel Blake, our Director of Operations, who advised me that she reached out to you regarding your stay. If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please feel free to email me at JessicaA.Harris@hilton.com. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Roslyn Heights, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was at the hotel for 3 days for a conference with 700 people. The hotel is very good for the value. The room was impeccable and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There were 2 sinks in the room, 1 inside and 1 just outside of the bathroom. It was really useful in washing up and not waking up the other people in the room, or in having lots of people get ready at once. The public areas could be cleaner and the bathrooms ran out of toilet paper often, though it was understandable given the amount of people using them. I loved the free 24 hour shuttle service to the SeaTac airport (less than a mile away). I wish it would drop you off at the LINK light rail station on the way, though the airport does connect you to the station as well. The internet could be better. There's only the very slow wifi if you're not a Hilton HHonors gold or platinum member. Lots of food nearby, including Denny's, Jack in the Box, and Taco Bell, as well as a few sit down restaurants. In good traffic, it's only a 20 minute cab ride to downtown Seattle.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear DoubleTree Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your 3 day stay at our property. We appreciate your feedback as we are always working to improve. We are happy to hear that you found your guestroom to be impeccable, received friendly service from our staff, and were pleased by our convenient airport location. We hope that you had a great stay and would love to welcome you back again.