“Slum Lords Dream, be afraid be very afraid...........”
Review of Jet Motel

Jet Motel
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Modesto, California
“Slum Lords Dream, be afraid be very afraid...........”
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed at the Econo Lodge South at SeaTac - 19225 International Blvd, (Old Pacific Hwy S), SeaTac, WA 98188 on July the 9th 2010.
It is a slum lords dream, most of the people staying there looked like rejects from a Section 8 Housing program. One of the rooms was being used by Hookers who were working International Avenue.
Its a worn-out X-something or other, Motel 6 - Days Inn - Flop n Stop, in one of the worst parts of town.

The room we were assigned had a 50 gallon hot water heater out in the room, I repeat in the room.
There was a half inch hole completely through the entry door - the repair effort for said hole, a mass of wet toilet paper wadding. Worn carpet, looked like casino rejects from Vegas. The sheets on one of the beds were from the previous occupant.

We stayed one night the desk person double charged me, on my American Express Card, for two nights stay. Thank God it was American Express they fixed the fraud issue immediately, lucky for me one phone call to American Express, bounced one of the overcharges right back to hotel.

I will never stay at any Econo Lodge Hotel..............ever again !
Moreover, I am going to use any and all web-sites I can find to make sure everyone knows just what a dump this place is.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
13 Thank OutandAbout15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
dante012
Reviewed 24 March 2010

At first the lady behind the checki-in counter seemed bothered, as if we interupted her soaps or something, but then she livened up and answered what few question we had. The room was small but it is the econolodge and you get what you pay for along those lines. Only complaint would be its location. Just to far from downtown. Cost 40 dollars to take a cab downtown one way. We also used there parking services for the airport. We didn't have any problems but the lot is not on camera and there is no gated entry.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dante012
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I was getting really worried about our reservation at this location because of the earlier reviews. I got back on line to cancel and learned that I was too late. I called the front desk and told them about the reviews and that I wanted to cancel. The front desk operator said that they would honor the cancellation without problem, but that if I was nearby I should stop and look at the location and the room because they had completely renovated the location since those reviews. I did and Wow, I am so pleased that I did because the room is wonderful. All new bathroom, new carpeting, clean as a whistle and great value. Refrigerator and microwave as well as HBO. Wi Fi in the room. The desk person was unbelievably helpful and refigured my combined room rate and parking fee for three days and saved me money from what I had booked on line. Shuttle runs every half hour and there are three new minivan shuttles that keep circling in and out of the property. Added bonus: There is a first rate Thai restaurant attached to the location. Excellent thai soups, chicken satay and phat thai. My wife and I are glad we stuck with the reservation.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Travelcrow
Washington
Reviewed 24 May 2008

Chose this hotel based on its proximity to the airport and their package for extended parking with an overnight stay. Arrived at the hotel in the evening and parked my car, then the shuttle took us to the airport. When we returned after our vacation and wanted to check into the hotel, the guy at the counter couldn't find a room, even though I had reserved a 2 Queen room with my credit card before our trip and PAID for the room when I left my car there! He told me they had no such room available for us and then after much "hemming and hawing" offered us a room with 3 rooms and I told him that would be fine as long as I didn't have to pay extra for it. This room was ATROCIOUS!!! In an isolated area behind the hotel (as a single mom with my young son with me that was not a comfortable feeling) and then no working lights in the "suite" (if you want to call it that-I saw the bathroom (with the only true working light) and the main room-the other rooms were locked). The only light in the main "bedroom" was a lamp that wouldn't turn on. Bathroom didnt look clean and was not ready for occupents. Even though it was midnight and we were exhausted, I went back and told him that room would NOT work for us. He got us a 1-bed room and it was the smallest room I have ever seen. Not really clean feeling so all we did was sleep and we got up as early as we could and checked out. I will NEVER go again and have told all I know about my experience there.

• Liked — Package deal with extended parking and an overnight stay
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank s0metimetraveller
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We were misconnected by Alaska Airlines in Seattle on a Friday night, and tried repeatedly to find a hotel with a room for the night. My daughter finally got a room through the Yahoo Travel at the Econolodge SeaTac. (this used to be called The Sandstone, and they still answer the phone with that name). We knew it would be a lower-end room, but we were desperate after traveling for over 22 hours from Ireland. We checked in at 9pm that evening, and checked out at 5am the next morning because the room was so AWFUL! It was supposed to be non-smoking, but the room reeked of cigarette smoke. Not a good thing with my asthma! We tried to air out the room with the ac/fan, but the unit would not work, and upon trying to see if it just wasn't plugged in, we found the outlet almost falling out of the wall. The floor seemed to have been without vacuuming for weeks, let alone cleaning. It was gritty to walk on. The counter around the sink had hairs all over it, but the worst was the bathroom. The wall around the toilet had "spatterings" of urine, possible vomit and/or feces. It was absolutely disgusting. Since we had not other options, we chose to stay in the room, but left a light on all night to hopefully discourage any creepy-crawly guests from visitng us in the night. The sheets were clean, thank goodness, and we tried to sleep, but it was fitful at best. We finally decided to take the first van back to the airport, which left at 5a. Upon checkout we tried to get a receipt for our stay, but were told by the clerk that he couldn't print one for us. He explained that this was a prepaid stay (by our credit card over the phone the night before), so he couldn't release any info to us in case we weren't the ones who paid for the room(??!!) Overall, the most disgusting, awful fleabag hotel we have ever stayed in. Avoid it!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — It was FILTHY!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family