“So, so” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Chula Vista, California
“So, so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The middle aged Polish lady and gentleman who picked us up from the airport on the morning of our arrival (7/3) were wonderful as was the morning receptionist in the office. She went out of her way to get us a room with a refrigerator (which was requested on the reservation). However, when we returned on 7/5 the evening receptionist was very unfriendly and unhelpful. I explained i had requested a room with a refrigerator and she didn't even try to look or check to see if it was available. The air conditioning in our first room was awful, shut off every hour or so which meant I was up half the night resetting it constantly. Room 608 was wonderful our second time there (even though I didn't be the refrigerator i requested and had to throw away much food) but at least the air conditioner worked. The morning breakfast is adequate but very unhealthy so we bought our own food but they do try to put out somewhat of a variety. The rooms were okay, just standard and the chairs, etc. needed a good cleaning. There is a decent Chinese restaurant right at the end of the parking lot which was handy as was the liquor store right next door for obtaining water and juice, etc. We were within walking distant of the train into the city which was also an added benefit and there were quite a few restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Call ahead, get the name of who you talk to and confirm anything extra (i.e. refrigerator, etc) that...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Econo Lodges in the past, and know what to expect...
A friend and I decided to stay in Seattle on a completely unplanned trip. We didn't realize that it was grad weekend, and all the places we would normally stay we're completely booked. This place was not our first choice or our last choice - it was out only choice.

That said, I found it typical in most respects of an EconoLodge. Dated decor, worn carpet, bad location. I did find it clean, and it had a fridge, microwave, TV, alarm clock, and hair dryer. The view out of our second floor room was a razor-wire topped fence overlooking a dumpy backyard next door. I did find the staff to be friendly, but had little interaction with them overall. The continental breakfast was very minimal and this is what usually redeems EconoLodge for me - breakfast was starch, starch and more starch with a hardboiled egg for variety. No fruit, yogurt, or pastries that I have found in every other EconoLodge i'vestayed at.

To sum up - as an EconoLodge in a bad neighbourhood, in most respects it was tolerable, but I was very unhappy with the breakfast, and at $90 for the 2 queen room, it was not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Clarinetqueen
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I booked this hotel with their stay, park and fly program. When I arrived at the hotel I saw two men inching cars in and out of their parking lot with great difficulty. I went in to inquire whether it was mandatory for the vallet. The clerk said it was and I could not park my vehicle myself. Before checking in I went for a walk through the parking lot. I saw a white pail full of keys and about 6 sets of keys lying on the ground beside it. That was the deal breaker, I am paticular about the things I own and how they are taken care of. I went back in and told the clerk we would not be staying here unless I could park my own vehicle and take the keys with me. She said that I could not do that so I left.

Now I received my MC bill and found out they still charged me. I tried contacting the hotel and was not even allowed to speak to a manager. The clerk simply told me there is no cancelation allowed within 24 hours. I asked the clerk that if a person shows up and is unhappy for any reason will you still charge them. She said yes, its a 24 hour cancelation rule.

My advise to anyone is just stay away. It may be okay for you but it might not be. If its not you will still be charged for the full value of you park and room. Its a total rip off.

I have an email in to their head office. I will update if anything happens.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Shawn H
Stanwood, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have stayed at the Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport twice as part of the stay and park package. We found the staff friendly and helpful. For us it was a stop for a few hours of sleep before catching an early morning flight. We were dropped off at the airport with time to spare and were promptly picked up. This is not the top of the line establishment and is in need of some renovations and we are used to staying in 4-5 star rated places. For our need the Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport provided us our basic requirements. Added to this that my wife has diabetes and her ankles were in terrible condition on our arrive in Seattle. The staff at the Econo Lodge had a room for us to rest, and provided ice to bring the swelling down. Working international, I have stayed in places that are terrible in war zones. The staff at the Econo Lodge SeaTac are an asset to the establishment and proved their professionalism.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Hermiston, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The listing for this Motel is misleading. The Motel is located in a "Drug Trafficking and Prostitution Watch" area. We found the mattress to be lumpy, the motel staff barely spoke English, the motel was in disrepair. A local bus driver warned us not to stay in this area again because it is dangerous. The linen had fecal matter or blood stains. The bathroom fixtures had cigarette burn stains and the tile was breaking off or missing. The bathroom sink burped up some sort of sewer water and the "continental breakfast" consisted of toast and dry cereal. Do not waste your money or endanger your wellbeing for this motel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
new mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was told by hotel personnel BEFORE rez. was made this motel is in walking distance to airport. IT IS NOT. 4 MILES AWAY. I was told it had 2 restaurants across the street where we could eat and have a cocktail. IT HAS ONE....NO LOUNGE.
ATTN: VERY BAD AREA....OLD....DIRTY....NOT SAFE TO WALK AROUND.

Tried to get my card credited, the middle eastern manager yelled, and called me a liar. Would not credit my card, even though we did not stay after seeing the motel and the area. I filed a complaint with choice hotels also, but they say they do not have override power over the manager at this econo lodge. PLEASE STAY AWAY. THE PERSONNEL THERE ARE AWFUL !!!

Room Tip: have had good luck overall with choice hotels, but this one is a big huge DUD
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank challenger1
Wisbech, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was really pleased with this hotel. Very close to teh airport and the free shuttle bus arrived very promptly after my phone call from the arrivals hall. The hotel was clean and tidy. My room was perfectly adequate for an airport-style hotel. The hotel was on a direct bus route into the city centre, it took about 40 minutes but a nice ride in. Alternatively, there was a bus to the nearby light-rail station with super efficient trains into the city. Both options were really cheap, only a couple of quid for each so well worth it. Taxis would have been so much more expensive. The inclusive continental breakfast was very welcoming and much appreciated. A good variety of toasts, cereals and pastries with unlimited piping hot coffee. Overall I was really impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport
Comfort Suites Airport Tukwila

Been to Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport? Share your experiences!