“Nice place to stay if you're visiting the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field”

Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Sparks, Nevada
“Nice place to stay if you're visiting the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've read the reviews of this place and wonder if the people writing the highly negative reviews even stayed there? What was mentioned was prostitutes, druggies, holes in the curtains, patched paint....Really? I stayed there last August to visit the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field. The facility is located away from what some people would consider "shady" areas. It's in a safe location, and I know all about spotting safe locations, being a retired LEO. The facility had a "newness" appearance. My room was perfect. Modern. Nothing worn. Everything worked. It was quiet, comfortable, and clean. Can't ask for much more than that. The free breakfast was lacking: It was mostly European Continental Breakfast style, and you cooked your own waffles. No big deal...I stopped by a restaurant down the street for a "real" breakfast enroute to the Air Museum.

Room Tip: If you're riding a touring motorcycle (as I did), you can park you bike under the overhang in fr...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Douglas R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We didn't plan to stay in Seattle a second night but due to our car being broken into downtown, were forced back to SeaTac for a new rental car. We stayed at Knights Inn the first night but they were booked.

The parking lot is RIGHT on a busy street, and the hotel is not in the best area judging by the pawn shop and other such businesses across the street. There was a guy lurking about on the sidewalk for a while; we mentioned it to the desk clerk and he went right out to take care of it.

The room wasn't anything special, but was pretty nice as far as cheaper hotels go. The shower was great with lots of hot water. Refrigerator and microwave in the room.

The continental breakfast was nice; waffles, cereal, coffee, juice, bagels & muffins. A carb lover's dream! I don't recall there being any fruit though.

There are no restaurants open past 10 pm anywhere nearby, other than McDonald's and Subway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Excellent management. Convenient location, clean rooms. Restaurants not close by. On bus route. Lobby area very clean. Good breakfast array. Helpful staff and ready to please. Would recommend to anyone needing a convenient facility close to Sea- Tac Airport.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Holes in the curtains, hot water was turned off in sink due to faucet leak, sink plug was missing, paint in room was patched with different color just to name a few. The price was high for the lack of quality. Sorry, can't recommend this one until their corporate office says they are once again up to snuff. :0(

Room Tip: Make your reservations ahead of time so you don't get stuck with what is at the bottom of the ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Becky0308

Travellers are raving about these SeaTac hotels

Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The middle aged Polish lady and gentleman who picked us up from the airport on the morning of our arrival (7/3) were wonderful as was the morning receptionist in the office. She went out of her way to get us a room with a refrigerator (which was requested on the reservation). However, when we returned on 7/5 the evening receptionist was very unfriendly and unhelpful. I explained i had requested a room with a refrigerator and she didn't even try to look or check to see if it was available. The air conditioning in our first room was awful, shut off every hour or so which meant I was up half the night resetting it constantly. Room 608 was wonderful our second time there (even though I didn't be the refrigerator i requested and had to throw away much food) but at least the air conditioner worked. The morning breakfast is adequate but very unhealthy so we bought our own food but they do try to put out somewhat of a variety. The rooms were okay, just standard and the chairs, etc. needed a good cleaning. There is a decent Chinese restaurant right at the end of the parking lot which was handy as was the liquor store right next door for obtaining water and juice, etc. We were within walking distant of the train into the city which was also an added benefit and there were quite a few restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Call ahead, get the name of who you talk to and confirm anything extra (i.e. refrigerator, etc) that...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Econo Lodges in the past, and know what to expect...
A friend and I decided to stay in Seattle on a completely unplanned trip. We didn't realize that it was grad weekend, and all the places we would normally stay we're completely booked. This place was not our first choice or our last choice - it was out only choice.

That said, I found it typical in most respects of an EconoLodge. Dated decor, worn carpet, bad location. I did find it clean, and it had a fridge, microwave, TV, alarm clock, and hair dryer. The view out of our second floor room was a razor-wire topped fence overlooking a dumpy backyard next door. I did find the staff to be friendly, but had little interaction with them overall. The continental breakfast was very minimal and this is what usually redeems EconoLodge for me - breakfast was starch, starch and more starch with a hardboiled egg for variety. No fruit, yogurt, or pastries that I have found in every other EconoLodge i'vestayed at.

To sum up - as an EconoLodge in a bad neighbourhood, in most respects it was tolerable, but I was very unhappy with the breakfast, and at $90 for the 2 queen room, it was not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Clarinetqueen
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I booked this hotel with their stay, park and fly program. When I arrived at the hotel I saw two men inching cars in and out of their parking lot with great difficulty. I went in to inquire whether it was mandatory for the vallet. The clerk said it was and I could not park my vehicle myself. Before checking in I went for a walk through the parking lot. I saw a white pail full of keys and about 6 sets of keys lying on the ground beside it. That was the deal breaker, I am paticular about the things I own and how they are taken care of. I went back in and told the clerk we would not be staying here unless I could park my own vehicle and take the keys with me. She said that I could not do that so I left.

Now I received my MC bill and found out they still charged me. I tried contacting the hotel and was not even allowed to speak to a manager. The clerk simply told me there is no cancelation allowed within 24 hours. I asked the clerk that if a person shows up and is unhappy for any reason will you still charge them. She said yes, its a 24 hour cancelation rule.

My advise to anyone is just stay away. It may be okay for you but it might not be. If its not you will still be charged for the full value of you park and room. Its a total rip off.

I have an email in to their head office. I will update if anything happens.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Shawn H
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Ramada SeaTac Airport North
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Days Inn Seatac Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge SeaTac Airport? Share your experiences!