“Couldn't get much worse than this”
Review of Skyway Inn Hotel

Skyway Inn Hotel
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Salem, Oregon
“Couldn't get much worse than this”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Truly an awful experience. Had booked two weekends in a row, but cancelled the second one after my first stay. Building and room were rundown, terribly shady characters all around, overheard a drug deal going on right outside my window, toilet was clogged and toilet seat broken. Big gap in the door around the lock, no alarm clock, wireless internet would go out for 10-15 minutes at a time. Card key wouldn't work at the end of the day. Had to keep going back to office with it, one time getting absolutely soaked in the rain. Very loud and nasty people staying in surrounding rooms, one was screaming and banging on the door, shouting obscenities at 6am on a Sunday. Pounding so loud next door that my bed was vibrating. Overpass being built directly behind the building ensures lots of construction noise. Common areas, elevator and stairs were filthy. Killed two large spiders in my room. Shall I go on? Only reason I gave two stars instead of one is that the bed was comfortable. But of course, the headboard was broken and would slam against the wall if you leaned against your pillow the wrong way. Parking lot was filled with airport parking customers, so good luck finding a spot for your own car.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sammasseur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This could be a long story, but I'll keep it brief. When I went to pick up my minivan, it took them 20 minutes to retrieve it. It wasn't on their site. I should have inspected the Van before we drove away because based on how close the cars were parked when we arrived, I was concerned. It wasn't until we got home and walked around the front of the vehicle that I noticed the large scratch across the front bumper. I phoned the Skyway inn a number of times and was told that I needed to talk to the manager and he wasn't in. It must be a great job because he is never in! I was told to e-mail him (Pinder) which I did, including pictures of the damage, but I still have not received a reply after several attempts. Maybe tomorrow he'll be in.... I doubt it. When you look at the pictures of their motel and parking everything thing appears to be orderly and professional - all is not as it seems.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stuart M
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I parked my Lexus RX350 in skyway inn on 3/14 and pick my car on 3/23. My car bumper at passage side is scratched. But when the manager hand me the key, he didn't mention anything.

After I show him the damage, he said yes, it is their fault, and ask me to fill the claim. After I filled the form, I asked the manager to sign it, but he refused and said, don't you trust me? How can I trust such a guy without even mention the damage when hand me my car key. After a little argument, he finally signed it. I ask him to give me a copy and he said the copy machine is not working. The clerk in front desk heard and said it is working. Then the clerk copied for us. When leaving the inn, the manager ask me to call the next day and the owner said she need check the camera to see what happened and promised to call me back. It never happened.

After two day, I called again and mentioned to the owner that it is her driver damaged my car, not somebody try to steal something, then she said, she will ask the property manager to call me. It never happened again.

I then emailed Services@globalairportparking.com for help and they returned their booking fee (not the parking fee) and they forward my request to skyway inn. They never replied till now (4/6/2014)

Look at their parking place, you will easily notice how things could go wrong quickly. They lined up all cars one by one in 2 lines at inn drive way, with distance less than 5cm each front and back and side way too. Therefore, a scratch in your car if very normal. Try to save parking fee here is just invite nightmare in your life.

I am also very sad for the way they handle business and the way they lie and try to take no responsibility for their mistakes. This is one of the worst business I have ever seen in my life.

If you need to verify the fact, email me at gu1688@yahoo.com I have car damage photo and their manager's signed paper too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank_Gu2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I previously wrote a review enroute on our vacation that the stay was pretty good value. If you're staying for 8 hours or less to catch some sleep between flights or an early flight (we booked 2 rooms). However upon our return from vacation late last night we picked up our mini-van and it has a dent on it which wasn't there before we left. The manager claimed that its an old previous damage (it wasn't). We have a top of the line Odyssey and take pristine care of it. It was 1am in the morning and the family was exhausted so I didn't bother to argue. I stayed at another airport property that used a proper parking garage rather than moving cars around their own lot. Sigh...I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Very basic, 1 night stay place. All the rooms face inward like a horseshoe shape building. The farth...
Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carson S
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 19 March 2014

the staff was very helpful rooms were clean. great place to park your car and the rates are fantastic. we will tell our friends. shuttle was quick helpful and on time. when you return you call they pick you up in 10-15 minutes .

Room Tip: great for long term parking. rooms were quite and clean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Howard M
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The room was a lot more roomy/spacious than what I expected. The room was sufficiently clean and everything was in working order. The breakfast options weren't extravagant, but for the price you pay, it is absolutely acceptable with waffles, muffins, and other bread type foods. The front desk's services and friendliness were great -- always friendly, always ready to help us and accommodate us. The shuttle goes to the airport and back whenever you need it to, even multiple times a day if you want to use the light rail at the airport. When you arrive at the airport to go back to the hotel, however, make sure to CALL THEM, other wise they won't come (use the courtesy phones at the airport, and they will come immediately). All in all, we were pleasently surprised with the quality of this hotel, given the price we paid and other reviews.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

The best rates for long term parking at Seatac. Dated older hotel but clean and friendly service with a great airport shuttle. Have stayed here many times before flying out and never have had a problem leaving vehicle.

Stayed December 2013