“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Amarillo
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is great! Could have stayed many more days. Besides the beautiful surroundings the convenience is great. Staff was really helpful to someone who had never been to Seattle. Arranged a tour for us that was very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Korean first
mokena
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family had an overnight layover on our way to Hawaii and took advantage of the full service Marriott. We were quickly checked in with some very friendly and amusing conversation about the "cool" untimely weather. We were upgraded to a suite on the concierge floor. The lobby is amazing with the vaulted ceiling and the pool/jacuzzi area is to die for. Simply amazing to relax and take the edge off following our flight. The entire staff was very accommodating. Our suite was great as tends to be the case with our experience with Marriott. We love the beds, generous pillows, room layout and bath products. Just another fabulous stay…hard to believe this is so convenient to the airport. The shuttle was very convienent. Will definitely stay again next year when we go to Hawaii again.

Room Tip: the concierge floor is fantastic for snacks/drinks and breakfast
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Troy, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Airport hotels are not typically something that travelers aspire to use unless they need convenient access to the airport or are attending a conference. The Airport Marriott Hotel near SeaTac airport seems to be trying to break that paradigm, though, with a facility that's not only conveniently located but ornate enough to make you feel like you're in an upscale hotel.
Rooms are nicely furnished, the closed center court and pool remind one of a more tropical setting, the workout facility is well equipped and open 24 hrs, and the breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelets should satisfy even the most picky traveler.
Of course, this all comes at a price, which is where the surprise came in. I had been directed to this hotel by our travel service due to its location and economy of the nightly rates (which are well below other comparable hotels in the Seattle area). While it wasn't admittedly my original choice, it likely will be my choice again in the future -- and not just for the value but especially for the surprisingly good accommodations.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor for easier access to the center courtyard, facilities on the lower...
Green Features: Motion sensing electrical switches in the bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at 3 different hotels while in the Seattle for work. Two were by the airport and 1 near the University District. The Marriott was clearly the best of all three hotels. The entire property and hotel was very nice and impressive which is not necessarily typical of airport hotels. I did not have to wait very long for the shuttle from the airport and it seems to run very regularly (even on my return to the airport). Check in was very quick and efficient. I was given a room on the 4th floor of the main hotel (non-tower) that looked out towards neighboring hotels a slight portion of the airport. The room was very spacious with a lot of working area. Room and bathroom areas were clean and I liked the toiletries offered. As some have reported, the bed took a bit of getting used to as it felt as though the last person who slept in it was a large person - at first, I felt I was sleeping in a crater, was able to get comfortable and I still slept fine with very minimal noise from the airport nearby. While this was the nicest hotel I was in during this trip to Seattle, sadly I spent the shortest amount of time in this hotel. This hotel will definitely be my hotel of choice when returning to the Sea/Tac Airport area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Rooms are clean. Halls and common areas appear somewhat worn. It's a good Marriott property but not a great one and I love Marriott. Location is good for airport and catching the Link. Food was about what you'd expect. Overall, I'd stay again as it's a decent value compared to downtown. I wish Tripadvisor would rate on a 1-10 scale. I would give it a 7/10.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lindsey K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Chiefs Tigers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is the most important type of feedback. We rely on our guest feedback to be continually improving our service. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to hosting you then.

Lindsey K.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The shuttle from the airport runs regularly (10-15 minute ride) and the concierge lounge is open on the weekends, which makes this hotel a convenient jumping point to visit western Washington. This is an older Marriott and the age shows in the beds - you'll sink in, and not in a good way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PlumTravels
Lindsey K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Deidri,

Thank you for taking the time to put in this review of our hotel. We appreciate our guests feedback to be continually improving our service and amenities. I am glad you appreciated the airport shuttle and the concierge lounge being open on the weekends. I want to apologize that you were not satisfied with the bed and the age of the hotel. We should be coming up on a rooms renovation for our hotel soon which should help with the rooms showing the age of our property. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to your visit.

Lindsey K.
kansas city
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed one night here for my mother's birthday on our last night in Seattle. The property was beautiful, especially since airport properties tend to be a little lackluster. The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool was fantastic. It was indoors but had huge skylights to let the sun in. We had an amazing server that brought food and drinks out to the pool. He even brought out a complimentary birthday cake slice with a candle for my mom. The breakfast in the morning was good, but the sever was a little awkward. I think she was new, but friendly. Just a little slow to greet us, especially on a day when then were only a handful of tables. The airport shuttle was perfect for flights the next morning. The only drawback was there was no guest parking for my sister when she came to visit. We had to pay $14 for her to park for a couple hours. Seems a little steep for just a couple hours. I would definitely come back here though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family