“Nice & convenient”

Seattle Airport Marriott
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Nice hotel, good atmosphere and very convenient to the airport. Stayed here prior to our Norwegian Cruise to Alaska. Free shuttle to the airport. Staff was very accommodating, professional and friendly. Great view of mount Rainer on a clear day. Great food and staff in the restaurant. Special shout out to James the maître d.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Mt Rainier
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seattle Airport Marriott

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great hotel until you arrive at your room! Great Location, very friendly and professional employees, excellent food and service. When paying close to $300/night and you walk into a $69/night room, it doesn't make you feel too good about your choice. If the rooms were on par with the rest of hotel it would be an excellent choice. But for now, I'm going to avoid this particular hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is great! Could have stayed many more days. Besides the beautiful surroundings the convenience is great. Staff was really helpful to someone who had never been to Seattle. Arranged a tour for us that was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family had an overnight layover on our way to Hawaii and took advantage of the full service Marriott. We were quickly checked in with some very friendly and amusing conversation about the "cool" untimely weather. We were upgraded to a suite on the concierge floor. The lobby is amazing with the vaulted ceiling and the pool/jacuzzi area is to die for. Simply amazing to relax and take the edge off following our flight. The entire staff was very accommodating. Our suite was great as tends to be the case with our experience with Marriott. We love the beds, generous pillows, room layout and bath products. Just another fabulous stay…hard to believe this is so convenient to the airport. The shuttle was very convienent. Will definitely stay again next year when we go to Hawaii again.

Room Tip: the concierge floor is fantastic for snacks/drinks and breakfast
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Airport hotels are not typically something that travelers aspire to use unless they need convenient access to the airport or are attending a conference. The Airport Marriott Hotel near SeaTac airport seems to be trying to break that paradigm, though, with a facility that's not only conveniently located but ornate enough to make you feel like you're in an upscale hotel.
Rooms are nicely furnished, the closed center court and pool remind one of a more tropical setting, the workout facility is well equipped and open 24 hrs, and the breakfast buffet with cooked to order omelets should satisfy even the most picky traveler.
Of course, this all comes at a price, which is where the surprise came in. I had been directed to this hotel by our travel service due to its location and economy of the nightly rates (which are well below other comparable hotels in the Seattle area). While it wasn't admittedly my original choice, it likely will be my choice again in the future -- and not just for the value but especially for the surprisingly good accommodations.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor for easier access to the center courtyard, facilities on the lower...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at 3 different hotels while in the Seattle for work. Two were by the airport and 1 near the University District. The Marriott was clearly the best of all three hotels. The entire property and hotel was very nice and impressive which is not necessarily typical of airport hotels. I did not have to wait very long for the shuttle from the airport and it seems to run very regularly (even on my return to the airport). Check in was very quick and efficient. I was given a room on the 4th floor of the main hotel (non-tower) that looked out towards neighboring hotels a slight portion of the airport. The room was very spacious with a lot of working area. Room and bathroom areas were clean and I liked the toiletries offered. As some have reported, the bed took a bit of getting used to as it felt as though the last person who slept in it was a large person - at first, I felt I was sleeping in a crater, was able to get comfortable and I still slept fine with very minimal noise from the airport nearby. While this was the nicest hotel I was in during this trip to Seattle, sadly I spent the shortest amount of time in this hotel. This hotel will definitely be my hotel of choice when returning to the Sea/Tac Airport area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Rooms are clean. Halls and common areas appear somewhat worn. It's a good Marriott property but not a great one and I love Marriott. Location is good for airport and catching the Link. Food was about what you'd expect. Overall, I'd stay again as it's a decent value compared to downtown. I wish Tripadvisor would rate on a 1-10 scale. I would give it a 7/10.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Lindsey K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Chiefs Tigers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is the most important type of feedback. We rely on our guest feedback to be continually improving our service. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to hosting you then.

Lindsey K.