Seattle Airport Marriott
US$294
US$255
Radisson
  • Pool
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport(SeaTac)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$203
US$193
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungelarge indoor poolatrium areaseattle airportlobby barruns every minuteslight railpacific northwestfitness centersea tacrental carshuttle serviceconvenient locationfree shuttlequiet rooman early flightoatmeal
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel vans picked up from Island 1 and 3 every 15 minutes (van las hotel 15,30,45,00). From baggage claim ride elevator up one level and cross over street and down elevator. Vans were prompt and drivers were nice and helpful with putting bags in the van.

Hotel looked like a former Holiday Inn with indoor pool. Lobby was nice but small. Front desk staff was very nice but lied when I asked if the had a map showing room room location. After ensuring my room was away from elevators, maid rooms, and vending, I hiked up to the room to find it right next to an elevator. Second room smelled had a odd mildew smell. Carpet was damp so it was obvious the ac was leaking and the carpet was rotting.

After speaking with a supervisor, a map with the room layout magically appeared. The third room was suitable. From the lobby their are 3 elevators to the left and one to the right. The one on the right takes forever. The elevators on the left also take you to a separate building that was built as an add on. These are they concierge rooms and do not expect one unless you are top tier member.

Rooms were small, towels were very small, and beds were OK. Odd rooms face outside and even rooms face the pool. Odd Rooms ending in 20-30s are quiet, odd 40-50s not as quiet, and rooms ending 60-70 face the airport and are very noisy.

Staff was friendly but I was very happy to get on the shuttle to leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Odd rooms ending 20-30s are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerry H
Demica S, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Good Evening Gerry H.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your most recent stay at the Seattle Airport Marriott. After reading through your experience I can see that there were definitely aspects that were both disappointing and frustrating. I realize that when you travel, especially to a Marriott it should be efficient and friendly. I am so sorry to hear that this was not the case during your stay. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. I can see that during this trip we not only did not meet your expectations but also our own. Our goal is to address the concerns that you mentioned so upon your return we can ensure that you have an exceptional experience.
You're a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to see you back with us in the future.
If I can help in any way, please let me know and I would be happy to assist you personally.
Best regards,
Demica

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We are long standing Marriott customers. Quality, service, attitude were all on the poor side at this hotel. Had a long standing reservation for an accessible room. Told the clerk that accessible would not be necessary as a shower would not be used as we had an extremely early flight. Told him I still had mobility issues and would need a rom with the least amount of walking from entry of hotel to room. He gave us a first floor room & I thought -- ok -- good. But then he pointed us to the elevator. First floor was one floor down. We entered the elevator & pressed "1" -- down went the elevator, but the door would not open & all of a sudden it was going up to "4". The doors opened at that floor & we told the people that the elevator was acting weird. So we tried again. Door still would not open on "1" so husband forced it open with his hands and we got off. Looked at our room # and saw a high number -- had to walk a long way down a hall to get to the room ( not conducive to handicap issues). Into the room. I could no believe it -- it was the tiniest king room I have EVER seen. Room was musty & pillows the lumpiness ever! Now up to the restaurant for lunch. Guess what! "Elevator Out Of Order" sign up. Now had to hike completely to another wing to use an elevator to the main floor-- not bad for most people but for a person with limited mobility a real 'pain'. The person in charge of seating customers at the restaurant seemed bored to get us seated & downright rude. I signed up for 1 day @ 9.95 WIFI -- a fee that is usually waived for the first day (even at the Marriott Waterfront Seattle-a much swankier hotel downtown). My bill was charged for at least 2 days -- come on -- we checked in around noon on one day & left before 6AM the next day. Also the concierge lounge was a joke. I could not even get a cup of tea -- bags were there but no available hot water -- no even a sink to run faucet hot water. I hope more people read these reviews & DO NOT choose this Marriott hotel. AND a note to Marriott -- I would not keep this as one of your hotel chain because it is definitely not up to your standards.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jone J
Demica S, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Jone J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for sharing your experience with the Seattle Airport Marriott. We rely on the valuable feedback of our loyal Marriott Rewards Members to continue to improve our hotel.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory, feeling that our property did not meet Marriott Standards. I realize when you travel as often as you do, there are definitely variations in properties but I agree that we could have provided better service in the mentioned areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment you have experienced. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Demica

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had a very good experience at the Seattle Airport Marriott. My colleagues and I stayed overnight to catch an early morning flight the next day. I had a room on third floor with two double beds. The room was plenty spacious, clean, and with decent enough decor. We were personally greeted at the door upon our arrival and the check-in process was smooth and quick - which I very much appreciated. The hotel was completely booked with tweens because of a soccer tournament but it was still very quiet - maybe the girls were tired :-) The only thing I couldn't find were stairs from the third floor to the lobby (2nd floor) as I will typically take the stairs if I'm not on a high floor. I hate taking the elevator to go up/down one floor - it makes no sense to me. Lastly, if you aren't a loyalty member, I believe at least gold, you will be charged for internet service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel has a beautiful lobby, restaurant, bar and pool. The rooms , however are TINY and a little dated. We stayed in 5 different hotels in our 12 days in the Pacific Northwest and this was the only one without free wifi in the room. With the design of the hotel - it's a little loud also - got a lot of noise from the pool area. I think it is pricey for what you get, but if you want a nice indoor pool - you won't find one better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Alex K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Lori M,

Thank you for choosing the Seattle Airport Marriott. I understand how frustrating a hotel stay can be when the rooms do not meet your expectations for the hotel. I sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with an exceptional stay. We hope that good with your stay outweighed the small rooms. We hope you will stay with us again and have a great day!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for a night on my way to Colorado. The hotel staff is exceptional - everyone that I came across was friendly, helpful and accommodating - a rare treat for a large Marriott! The public spaces of the hotel were clean and well kept. My room was fine and clean but was showing signs of its age - chipped paint, scratched walls and furniture, threaded towels... needs a face lift, but it was very, very clean which to me is the most important part of a hotel room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family