“Location and pool”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Corona del Mar, California
“Location and pool”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nice hotel by the airport, friendly staff, great pool, good restaurant and lounge. Stayed for the location and the pool, indoor pool, kids loved it, 10 minutes to airport, they have a shuttle, but it doesn't take you to the front door, you get dropped off, elevator up or down (I forgot), walk across, elevator again, and then you are at check-in. Weird, but workable. It's older, needs carpet in hallways and paint, but for an airport hotel, it's really good for kids. And they can get their Slurpee at 7-11 across the street.

Room Tip: It seemed most of the rooms face the atrium/pool area, but they have a tower, too. Ask about what i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JeffBransford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am so happy I will only be staying here for one night! Yes the rooms are clean. The beds in our room are uncomfortable and extremely worn down. They charge for everything, I mean everything! Who charges for internet these days! Since I had to pay to use it, I figured I would take the time to write this review. Parking is $25 a night. Our room is tiny, hardly any room for more than two people. This is an airport location and they charge an additional charge to take you there, seems a little unconventional. The charge is small but it is the principle, its seems like they just want to nickel and dime you. Very unhappy with all the additional charges.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Armida G
Lindsey K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Armida G.,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always like to have guest feedback to ensure that we are continually improving our service and what we are providing to our guests. I will bring up your comments to our team to address. I am sorry that you were not expecting the extra charges, we do try and be very upfront with any extra fees which are all able to be located on our website. Once again, I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay and I hope in the future we will be able to regain your trust.

Lindsey K.
Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The lobby area along with the bar and restaurant were very nice, but once I got into my room I was hugely disappointed! It was completely rundown and the bathroom was so small that you had to stand to the side of the toilet to open the door. I would say there was only about 2 feet between the toilet seat and the door. The shower was the smaller size you would find in old hotels, not a Marriott! This is not your high standard Marriott, they should probably call it whatever their cheapest brand name is. We stayed here because we had an 6:00AM flight, so it worked for that purpose.

1 Thank jnmtravelTexas
Good Morning NJMTravelTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I want to say that I am sorry that you were not happy with our rooms, we do have an older building which does have some constraints on the room sizes. Though we should be coming up on a rooms renovation soon which will help make our hotel more modern and appealing to you. I hope you will consider us again in the future and do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can assist you in any way.

Lindsey K.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the Marriott Airport Hotel because we had an early morning flight. The hotel is very well staffed and organized. It has a central atrium with a swimming pool. A very good restaurant, and many other amenities. There is shuttle to the airport every 15 minutes starting at 4:15 am for $4. It arrives in seven minutes. Highly recommended if you have to be near the Seattle airport.

1 Thank Jim M
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Bar was so full we couldn't get a seat. The bathroom so small you had to step out to change your mind. Breakfast was ok, A/C in room was marginal and in the lobby not at all. We happen to stay the hottest day this year. Overall an average experience, I expect a lot more at at Marriott property.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ellsworth T
Demica S, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Good Afternoon Ellsworth T,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Seattle Airport Marriott. I noticed in your posting that you felt your overall experience was only average. I am so sorry to hear that we did not make a better impression while you were here with us! My goal is to work with our team to address the issues that you mentioned, to ensure a more successful stay in the future. I realize that we cannot anticipate the weather, but we can at least be prepared for all types. I am sorry for the disappointment that you experienced and I hope that in the future we will be able to regain your trust. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do personally to ensure a successful stay.
Best regards,
Demica
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Seattle Airport Marriott both before and after our trip to Alaska. The property is convenient to the airport (5-10 minute ride, shuttle service recently outsourced to another firm and will cost $4 one way). Our room was spacious and attractive and I loved the large pool/garden area, which maintained an outdoor feel despite the glass roof overhead which makes it enjoyable even in bad weather.

There were, however, serious gaps in the services. The instructions for using the TV were just plain wrong and my husband (who's an expert at navigating hotel TVs just kept ending up with a bewildering menu of pay-TV selections. He then tried pressing the "At Your Service" button on the phone and there was no answer. To be fair, it was relatively late at night- we'd checked in at 10:30 PM- but why wasn't the call re-routed to the hotel operator? He eventually did call the hotel operator who told him how to get the regular TV channels.

On the return trip, the TV didn't work at all. A repair person was promptly called, and it turned out that the TV is so tightly wired into the wall that the simple motion of tilting the screen to get a better view had caused it to become unplugged.

Also on the return trip, I decided to use the pool and at 7 PM we called and placed a Room Service order and asked that it be delivered at 7:45. They said it would be delivered between 7:30 and 7:45. This should have been a simple enough request to accommodate but I let it go since I knew my husband would be there if the meal arrived when I was still in the pool.

They showed up with it at 7:15. Sheesh. He sent them away and told them to return at 7:45, which they did. (It was hummous and a salad, so food temperature was not a problem.)

The buffet breakfast is excellent. In our case, it was included as part of a deeply-discounted certificate I'd gotten from an employer incentive program, good for the one-night stay plus breakfast. The posted price of $46 for the two of us was crazy, though, and we would not have paid that. Selections included locally-sourced food such as butter steel-cut oats and jam (information as to where they bought it was displayed) and made-to-order omelets. The waitress even provided cardboard coffee cups so we could take the rest of the coffee with us. It was good to have real ingredients, and we regretted that we weren't able to take advantage of the breakfast on our second stay due to an obscenely early plane flight.

Wi-Fi is no longer free to Silver Elite customers; I discovered this when I tried to have the $9.95 charge on my bill reversed. Well, there goes my incentive to keep the Marriott Visa.

Overall, a comfortable, pleasant property but they need to address some service issues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Demica S, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Good Afternoon Athena53,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property. After reading through your post, I can see why you would have been disappointed with your stay. I am so sorry that this was the case while you stayed with us. What seems most apparent to me is that we should have taken the time to further detail your stay with us. It is our duty to inform you about the property and the amenities that you are welcome to enjoy while staying with us. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at your satisfaction. Our goal is to address the items that you mentioned, in an effort to make your return visit exceptional. I hope that we can regain your trust in the future, please let me know if there is anything I can do personally assist in your next stay.
Best Regards,
Demica
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a short overnight stay at this hotel, after arriving from Houston amd before flying out to Anchorage. We stepped foot in the front door around 10:45 pm and stepped out around 6:15am.

I was very impressed that this hotel emailed before our stay to see If we had any special requests or needs, especially given I don't have elite status with Marriot. They even replied to my question on shuttle times and food availability.

The hotels shuttle service to and from the airport was top knotch. They ran frequently, about every 15 minutes at peak times. This made it extremely easy to get to and from the airport.

They have a very nice lobby. Check in was fast and efficient. After we dropped our bags in the room we stopped at the bar for a drink and bite to eat. Service was good as was the food and drink. Prices were accetable for an airport hotel. They even separately plated the shared entrée we ordered.

They have an awesome looking indoor pool and atrium, which of course we did not have time to check out.

Our room was nicely appointed and had plenty of plugs. The temperature control worked well, though you could not leave the blower motor on for white noise.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, and our wakeup call came on time. The bathroom was nicely appointed.

We can't say much more about this hotel since we were there for a short time, but given the fact that we loved their shuttle service, we would stay here agai in a heartbeat.

2 Thank pcsanity