“Excellent Gym” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Savusavu
“Excellent Gym”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed one night at the Marriott. The room was typical of the Marriott with the usual amenities etc. The best part was the gym which I have to say was out standing well done to the Marriott for this.
I ate at the bar\restaurant which was friendly fairly quick and pretty good food. free shuttle to the airport and friendly through out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great property, very clean, modern, and great service. It is about 5 minutes away from the Rental 8 place. Very secure, you will need your key to reenter after 5pm through the other entrances. This property has a delicious restaurant onsite. The inside pool is beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms in on the 4th floor are very quiet.
Green Features: The hotel has signs to hang bath towels if one will be reusing them.
1 Thank balvinagirl
NY/Westport/Provence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my third stay at this 'gem' of an hotel that is maybe 2 miles from the airport. I am not usually a lover of 'Marrriot' in general and I am 'Platinum Intercontinental' but this hotel does it right... at good prices and not taking advantage of standards not being up to par as it is near the airport. The whole staff is incredibly friendly and professional and on 'top of their game'. Everyone! I've had dinner in the nice little restaurant in the lobby as the bar area hums as a popular place for locals. It is basic comfort food done very well and priced very well. Just what you need when you want quality without the 'Dining out' scene as you have just arrived from a flight or are leaving early. The gym and pool are very nicely maintained and the business center is very efficient. Although we arrived late and the hotel was full so we couldn't get an 'upgrade'….we were put on a top floor and offered free wifi as we are 'silver marriot' The room was a sufficient size for one night. I'd ant to move to a superior if I was staying longer. The room was immaculate and the bathroom modern and the bed …incredibly comfortable. Big flat-screen TV and simple yet nice furnishings. We had room service for dinner in our room and once we navigated getting the table into a comfortable area, we real enjoyed the 'high quality' (11pm) dinner that was sent up with all my special requests met. The bread basket was filled with artisinal breads and they were amazing. We had salads that were fresh filled with veggies and nuts and dried fruit with a wonderful lift dressing and the Turkey Burgers with all the sides (on a brioche roll) was absolutely done perfectly! Breakfast the next morning was also excellent in the lobby restaurant with a very cheery 'start the day' feel. We let the hotel refreshed and ready to start our trip. Three times in a row this hotel has consistently hit the 'mark' for all around hotel quality. Based another hotels near airports and the great prices…in that context…I'd have to give it a 5 out of 5! PS The shuttle bus drivers are wonderful and will go out of their way to make sure you are where you need to be.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank LeTerrible
LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in August, we did a quick trip to Seattle. The hotel is nice and clean with good decor. The rooms are however very small. Pillows are not very comfortable. Room is clean, the bathroom is clean and properly stocked. Room service is quick, and the staff is very friendly. Aqua Terra restaurant on sight is OK, nothing special, food was good. Quite frankly $30 a night for valet parking is not worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alex K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear kkamaix,

Thank you for choosing the Seattle Airport Marriott. I am happy to hear you had a relatively good stay exept for the few issues regarding room size and parking. I hope the room size and the price for valet parking were overshadowed by the good aspects during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Seattle!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The staff here was awesome, and very good looking. Honestly, the young women and men who work here were unusually attractive...across the board. Their customer service skills were awesome too. This hotel was an unexpected stop for me, and I am so glad that my trip took this turn. I absolutely loved this hotel, and they took great care of me.

Room Tip: Views of the pool are great, but rooms on the 9th (top) floor have vaulted ceilings. Room 919 was s...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ConstanTraveler77
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Though the hotel is nice- it is extremely expensive. When you are attending a business trip- to have to pay 9.95 a night for wifi to work in your room is ridiculous. Though they offer free wifi in lobby- you can't take and work in a private area. The food and room service- is ridiculous. It cost me $15 for a bowl of oatmeal. Just oatmeal. A cheese and bacon omelette came out to $25. I will never stay here again. Stay at the clarion literally 20 feet away or other hotels. Hotel parking at Marriott is also an arm and leg.

Very disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Desiree D
Lindsey K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Desiree D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate the candid feedback from your recent stay. As a hotel we do try to stay competitive in the area with our amenities and service we provide and I am sorry that you were unhappy with the additional costs. We do our best to create an experience for all of our guests that allow them to enjoy their stay with us. We hope that you will consider us an option in the future should your travels bring you to Seattle again.

Lindsey K
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

After several days in less than wonderful hotels (see reviews for Super 8 Seattle and Candlewood Suites Syracuse) we were so excited to be checking into the Marriott. Even before I saw it I knew that the bed would be perfect and the linens like sleeping on a cloud. Going to the Marriott feels like going home. Once I saw the property I was not disappointed. It is a wonderful property. Built around and internal courtyard with a pool and hot tubs, this hotel is very well maintained and beautiful. There is an excellent gym with refrigerated towels, headsets, water and apples. But the free amenities stop there. In this day and age, to have a hotel still charging for internet access is thievery. The cheapo super 8 which costs $108 compared to the Marriott $279 has free internet, free breakfast, free airport shuttle and $8 a day parking. I would still rather stay at the Marriott, but there is not free any of those things. They even charge $4 for the airport shuttle which only has to take you across the street! All the other hotels offer this as a free service. The parking is $30 A DAY!!! In a twisted way, they offer park and fly for $12 a day. So, if you are not staying in the hotel you can park for $12, but if you are staying at the hotel, they charge you $30. That seems so backward! I loved staying at this hotel, but the bill was a real shocker. Buyer beware!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room overlooking the pool and we enjoyed the convenience of being on level 2, which is...
Green Features: We were disappointed that there were no recycling receptacles.
      Cleanliness