“Just Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I am a big Marriott fan and a Platinum member. While I did not have a bad experience it was just average and not up to the level I have come to expect from. Marriott. While the staff was good and furnishings acceptable the hotel itself is old and shows it. The bathrooms were very small and hallways dark. The concierge room was also smaller and seemed to offer less. Just really not up to the $249 rate I had to pay plus $25 for parking.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Demica S, Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Phil R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Seattle Airport Marriott. As a Platinum member, I am sure that you have seen some of the most beautiful properties and experienced some of the most top notch service. I genuinely appreciate the feedback that you have been able to provide us about your stay and with your wide array of traveling it definitely helps us to understand where we need to put focus to ensure exceptional stays in the future. I hope that we will see you back with us in the future.
Best regards,
Demica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Moose, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Several people comment on their location, being form out of town want to add that if you are on the airport side of the mountain, it is easy to see but if you get off the interstate on the backside where the construction is, have fun in trying to get there.
It was clean and comfortable, wifi was only average but it worker.
The concierge lounge had a nice selection and the people were friendly, parking appears to be an after thought due to the terrain but I did find a spot finally, valet parking rates seemed high to me and I am a Marriott Platnium traveling all over.
This is an older property that is well maintained, very quiet and comfortable. The elevators seemed to be in an awkward place a you go through the atrium and pool area to reach them.

Room Tip: Always ask for corner rooms, we did not get one this trip
Green Features: Did not matter as it was 1 night only, their practices do not appear to be posted on the site
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elisha K
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We returned to the Sea Tac Marriott again for the second time in four months, we were attending a Sea Tac Training session and were impressed by the Hotel on our first visit so we decided to stay again. The hotel is located within a 10 minute drive to the Airport with shuttles departing on a 15 minute cycle.
The Hotel has a great gym which has newer well maintained equipment. The Hotels breakfast is good but can be a little costly, if your up to the walk you can go down to the bottom of the hill turn right and go 2-3 blocks to a clean comfortable Denny's restaurant which offered great price and service.
One thing set me back this trip... we had spent the day in Seattle enjoying the scenery and tourist attractions and I was looking forward to getting back to the hotel for a relaxing swim in the wonderful indoor solarium style pool area only to find Boeing was having an event and the pool was closed from 5-7 pm for this function. I found this rude as a hotel guest and was even bothered more so when the 7 pm time frame extended closer to 8 o'clock before the pool area was open again.
The small store/coffee shop located in the hotel is very expensive, I picked up a cold the day of arriving and ended up paying close to $14.00 for a small bottle of Vick's Nyquil. I ventured out the next day to see the same bottle at the 7-11 across the street for $7.00. Also its 2014, we're paying close to $200.00 per night for a hotel room, charging for wifi is not a good way to show appreciation for your guests.
Overall a good Hotel, Thank you again Kelly at the front desk for your excellent service and hospitality you are an asset to the hotel. Overall a few quirks, but I like this hotel and would return again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool can be noisy if you choose a weekend or a busy kid traveling time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Mountieboy
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

First of all - and this is just an FYI - the Seattle Airport Marriott does charge for their airport shuttle! $2.00 per room per direction ($4 round trip) added to your bill. I do not recall ever being charged for this service at any other hotel I have stayed at - isn't the purpose of a shuttle to get customers to their hotel to stay? I did not realize that it could be a profit center - apparently Rocky did though...

The shuttle service, however, was excellent. Prompt, on schedule, with nice clean shuttle buses. Both shuttle drivers I traveled with were extremely courteous, informative, and helpful. Good job.

Check in: What is the purpose of mobile check in? I used the app to check in and let them know when I would arrive. I received an alert (very early in the day) that my room was ready. Much later, when I arrived, I still had to go to the check in counter to identify myself and pick up room keys. What did I achieve with my mobile check in? A 30 second time savings, maybe, since the keys were already made? This is not a criticism of this hotel specifically, but more of Marriott's execution of mobile check in. If it does not make my arrival much faster and easier, then what good is it?

The lounge: As a Ritz / Marriott Platinum, I receive concierge lounge access. I commend this hotel for having the lounge open for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, as so many Marriott properties choose to close the lounge completely on weekends. The lounge is not big, but for my visit was not crowded and had a nice selection of cold and hot breakfast choices. Good brewed coffee - Starbucks - and an espresso machine as well. Good job on this front by the hotel.

So why would I rate this property as only a 2?

I used to stay here more frequently on Seattle trips. It is close to the airport - even walk-able downhill back to the airport when the weather is nice. However, during one stay, I was put in a room directly above some huge industrial fans that are incredibly loud always - they never stop! So loud that is not pleasant for me to be near them with the incessant loud whirring of the fans.

After that stay, I complained to the Assistant Operations Manager, she apologized profusely and told me it would not happen again. My next stay, I proactively e-mailed her and did get put in an acceptable room.

This time, I took my chances: Would they really put a Platinum in what I believe has to be one of their worst rooms? No way.

Well, they did. It may even have been the same awful room - literally right above the loud, constant industrial fans! I arrived late and just wanted to go to bed, so against my better judgement I did not immediately turn around and go back to the front desk for a change of rooms. I really should have as it would have made my night and my sleep much more comfortable.

Guests: Avoid rooms 501-519, 601 - 619, 701-719, and the 8th floor rooms on this side of the building!

Seattle Airport Marriott: Please reconsider your treatment of Ritz / Marriott Platinum's! I stay 75 nights per year (at least) in your hotels: Can't you make a slightly greater effort to accommodate this loyalty with a pleasant, quiet room when I choose to stay at your hotel?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 501-519, 601 - 619, 701-719, and the 8th floor rooms on this side of the building!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WeSeetheWorldinStyle
Lindsey K, Front Office Manager at Seattle Airport Marriott, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear WeSeetheWorldinStyle,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about our hotel. As a hotel we rely on guest feedback to be continually improving the service and amenities that we provide to our guests. As a team we will discuss the different areas of feedback that you provided. I want to apologize that you were unhappy with your room location, I do see that the rooms you mentioned are our upgraded concierge rooms which tend to be the desirable rooms for our guests. I do understand however that not everyone has the same opinion about room location and type and we try our best to accommodate each need and when we do not it is very disappointing to us as well. We would love for you to stay with us again and to regain your trust back the next time your travels bring you to Seattle.

Lindsey K.
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Comfy hotel with welcoming service and convenient location for the Seatac airport. Free internet available in the very comfortable lobby, not in the rooms (paid only). Nice pool and jacuzzis are also available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Savusavu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed one night at the Marriott. The room was typical of the Marriott with the usual amenities etc. The best part was the gym which I have to say was out standing well done to the Marriott for this.
I ate at the bar\restaurant which was friendly fairly quick and pretty good food. free shuttle to the airport and friendly through out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great property, very clean, modern, and great service. It is about 5 minutes away from the Rental 8 place. Very secure, you will need your key to reenter after 5pm through the other entrances. This property has a delicious restaurant onsite. The inside pool is beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms in on the 4th floor are very quiet.
Green Features: The hotel has signs to hang bath towels if one will be reusing them.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family