“De-valued HHonors Benefits”

Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I usually stay at the Hilton Seattle Airport when passing through Seatac because it's convenient (you can walk to the hotel by passing through the light rail station instead of waiting for the shuttle) and it had nice HHonors benefits. The breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant (Spencer's) was excellent and free for HHonors Gold and Diamond members.

I'm disappointed to see that the breakfast buffet is no longer offered as a free perk for HHonors Gold/Diamond, as it was up through my last stay before this (about 2 months ago). Instead, the breakfast buffet is now made available at a discount price of $10, with the free option downgraded to a pastry, piece of fruit, coffee and juice.

It's annoying to see the hotel treat their best, repeat customers this way (as if we wouldn't notice). While I do like the convenience, I may search for better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for the Olympic Building.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank crnd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,777)

Reviewed 2 December 2012

This updated and clean Hilton hotel is literally right across the street from the airport and light rail. The airport shuttle runs 3x an hour and you are to the hotel in 5 minutes. Check in was super easy and the staff extremely friendly at midnight. I found the room to be nicely furnished with a bigger bathroom that other airport Hilton locations. The bed is heavenly and I slept a full 8 hours without hearing anything, which is surprising next to an airport. As a Gold HH member, I received the wonderful breakfast buffet for $10. The buffet includes omelets and eggs to order and lots of fruit, meat, bakery breads and muffins...just delicious. The hotel is decorated nicely for Christmas with a huge Gingerbread house in the middle of the foyer, making the area smell delicious. They have a beautiful steakhouse, Spencers, if you don't want to go out, like tonight when it is pouring down rain and 43 degrees!! I will be back to stay at the wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Hilton guest, Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that your check in was easy, the staff was friendly and that the bed was comfortable. Also that you were able to enjoy Spencer’s. We are glad to hear you will be back! Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed 29 November 2012

I have spent the last few week in hotels....Marriott, Hampton and last night the Hilton. A first I was disappointed to be booked in the SeaTac Hilton because I frequented that hotel often years ago. I remembered it as being outdated and "tired." Well, I was in for a great surprise. The whole facility has been updated. It felt like a brand new hotel. It was by far the best nights sleep I have had in my recent travels. Everything was perfect. The room was beautiful with new decor, carpet, wallpaper and bedding. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have experienced. The workout facility had everything I needed, including a shower and the walk was easy to catch my flights. There is a free shuttle for those not wanting to walk. The food was not free, but worth every penny. It was delicious. I will be back, for sure. Special thanks to Conrad for printing my boarding passes!

Room Tip: The fourth floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Hilton guest, Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay. I am glad that you were happy with the updates. Also that you found the room beautiful, the bed comfortable and Spencer’s food delicious. We hope to see you again. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed 28 November 2012

My husband and I were given hotel vouchers to this property from Southwest Airlines because of a flight delay. When we arrived, we were told by a very rude unprofessional front desk "manager", that the airline had not called to confirm our reservation. She said the problem was that they were full and did not have any rooms to give us. There were 2 other people that were in the same situation. I questioned her further and she admitted that they did have rooms it was just that they felt they would be able to get more money then the airline voucher covered. She then quoted me a rate (that I found out latter was over $100.00 more for the room then they quote on their web page) I offered to pay the difference. She said no, I would have to pay the full amount and then go back to the airline. I left and went to the Hampton down the street. I complained in person to the Hilton front desk the next day. I got a sorry reply e-mail reply from the Front Desk Manager a couple of days later again it admitted that they had rooms, but since they were able to get more money for them that was what they had to do. I contacted the Hotel General Manager and got the same answer. It seems to me that turning out 4 tired travel customers to the street at 10PM was very poor indeed. The voucher was for the standard average rate this hotel quotes on their web-page. I have learned that they would do the same thing if you have made a reservation yourself through a third party such as Expedia if they could get more for the rooms that night. We travel very frequently, I would never stay here after this experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prossersunflower

I appreciate your candid review of your recent experience with our hotel. I apologize for the situation you encountered with the reservation at our hotel. I understand how important a good night’s sleep is during travel, especially after delays. I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The hotel was very close to the airport. Also free shuttle every 20 minutes.

Front desk staff were friendly and quick. Rooms are standard Hilton rooms. Good wifi reception and TV channels.

Lobby is spacious and beautiful. There are a few PCs free to use in the lobby with printers.

The lobby restaurant, Spencers steak and chop offers variety of dishes and I had a great service at the bar table. Food was not impressive but OK...

I was Hilton Gold so I got a voucher for coffee drink and one fruit cup or fruit...because they don't have a lounge.. Not great but it's better than nothing..

It's a good hotel to stay one night before taking a flight.

Room Tip: No lounge at this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Hilton guest, Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff friendly and the wifi reception good. We are sorry to hear that the food at Spencer’s didn’t live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will share them with our chefs, kitchen staff and servers whose goal is to serve our guests fresh, tasty, healthy meals. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed 21 November 2012

This is a decent Hilton. It seemed slightly understaffed but other than that it was alright. The place is neither dated nor new, pretty average Hilton. There is a parking fee ($20?/night) and Wifi/Internet fee ($13.95?) and breakfast is on the more expensive side, but there is a Starbucks inside for coffee and morning snack, if you are not into a $20/per person breakfast. There is also a Denny's right down the street.

The best thing about this hotel is that it's very close to the airport. They have a shuttle that runs every 20 mins or so, and its right next to the light rail, which takes you to various stops including Chinatown and down town Seattle. So if you are there for a short time, this is a great location to take off from and see Seattle (the views from the train are pretty nice).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Hilton guest, Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel convenient for the light rail and downtown Seattle. We are sorry that our dinning didn’t meet your expectations and we’re taking your recommendation to improve our menu. Our guest reviews give us valuable information to deliver the best dining experience possible, and we appreciate your feedback. Best regards, Casey Knopik

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed here after a cruise to Alaska. I liked it because it was easy to access the airport and it was a very convenient location. The rooms were comfortable. The lobby was very attractive and there were business amenities and dining places located in the lobby.
They offer shuttle service to and from the airport.
One of the best features of the hotel was the rail service within walking distance from the hotel. We got on the rail to go to the downtown market which was just amazing.
I recommend this hotel because it is a pleasant place to stay and it offers easy transportation without a car.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family