“Great place to stay”

Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 July 2007

This hotel is not only conveniently located, it is also clean and very comfortable. I stayed for two nights for work. I checked in early and got a room facing the airport. Initially, I was concerned about the noise, but I didn't hear a thing all night or even in the morning. Also, the bathroom is updated, clean and actually quite large. Parking was a bit expensive at $18 a day, but it was a nice parking facility that was easy to get to through the conference area. My only 2 complaints are that they charge for internet use in the business center and that the pillows were slightly musty. It may have been the result of a humid day or two because otherwise, the place was very clean. I had breakfast at Spencers and really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. For $15.00 it was certainly worth it. The concierge was very helpful and one gentleman with a beard offered the best advice in terms of downtown parking and attractions. He was kind enough to steer me away from tourist traps as well. A younger fellow was not as helpful and I ended up spending quite a bit for parking. Had I talked to this other gentleman first, I would have saved a bundle. However, everyone at the hotel was kind, professional and very very welcoming. There was super easy access to downtown Seattle from the hotel. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,778)

Reviewed 23 July 2007

Booked this room through Priceline for July 2007 stay for about $66 including taxes. The parking price noted in other reviews is true to a point. It is now either $18 for self park or $22 for valet parking. I currently live in a very large city and was shocked by the parking fee. The pay per WiFi is pretty pathetic. Don't touch the Fiji water in the room. It is $4.00.

I realize that I paid a small fee for the room, but I did not expect Hilton to take it (I was hoping for a Courtyard by Marriott or something similar). They did not have to accept my price, but they did. And what they provided was pretty substandard for a Hilton. I don't think I have ever stayed in a smaller room. The beds were very comfortable, though.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2007

Nice set-up. Walk to the airport. Bid $60 on Priceline for stay in mid-July. Much less than $224 on Hilton website.

Problem: No free wi-fi. It's $9.95 per 24 hours. I was disappointed that a fine hotel like Hilton charges, especially when hotels on all sides offer free wireless: Radisson, etc. In sum, however, the hotel was clean and the staff friendly and efficient.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank geefour907
Reviewed 14 June 2007

I am an extremely picky person when it comes to Hotels.
This Hilton was outstanding. I took my 8 year old for 2 nights of action packed fun in Seattle. We were in the pool less than 1/2 an hour after our International flight arrived. There was a free shuttle to Southcenter Mall where we had a great meal at The Rainforest Cafe. The next morning, we took the $12 return shuttle to Pike Place Market, where we walked to the bus stop for Woodland Park Zoo and paid $2 total to get to the zoo in about 10 minutes. Our transfer let us back on the bus 3 hours later, and we got off the bus at Seattle Center. We did the Space Needle, then took the Monorail into downtown and walked back to our pickup spot for the Shuttle at Pike Place Market back to the Hilton. We hit the pool again, and ordered Round Table Pizza to our room and watched TV before crashing in the amazing beds. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone with kids. There are so many people there on business, that the pool and green space at the Hotel are completely unused. We had the best time, and will return as soon as possible. Anyone complaining about noise - you are in a big city across the street from an International Airport - what do you expect? This Hilton earns top marks for cleanliness, friendliness and amenities.

Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank Standby_list
Reviewed 20 May 2007

Used Priceline and got 2 rooms for $55 each. Called the hotel two days before we arrived and asked for connecting rooms for our family. Got a King room and 2 Queens connecting. Very clean rooms, but on the noisier freeway side. No problems sleeping though, the beds were so comfortable- down quilts too!
Some problems/concerns-$18 parking, pool locked and needed two calls to security to get it unlocked, hot tub cold with no jets,one elevator out of order for more than 24 hours. Some very helpful and respectful front desk people. Wouldn't stay here at the rack rate but for $55 it was fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank garibaldigirl
Reviewed 4 April 2007

Surprising-great experience. Checked in at 2:00 with my family and spent the night in comfy down covered beds. Comfy, Comfy. Hotel is bright as a penny and very clean. I based ny choice on a previous positive review and I agree-I would stay here again hands down.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank Need2ski2
Reviewed 2 April 2007

We booked Priceline $58/night and it seemed like a great deal. We did not expect all the upcharges being so far away from downtown. $16 parking was extremely excessive especially when this is a location where land is abundent and cheap. I've paid less in downtown Seattle. $9.95 Internet chage is expected at a full-service hotel, but this hotel did not seem to be full-service. Pool and hot tub were out of service. Nothing is convenient, you have to drive far for good restaurants and amenities.

Pros:
- Near airport (great if you are catching a flight)
- Nice business amenities (if you are there for a conference)
- Clean rooms

Cons:
- Very expensive parking
- Not convenient location unless you are going to the airport
- No pool/hot tub in service, they are being torn up
- medicore service

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank TravelSchmavel