“Above Average comfort”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Above Average comfort”
Reviewed 17 September 2007

Stayed three nights in May 07 for business booked on Priceline for $55 a night.

Bigger room than I had before, very comfortable. Beds are wonderful. Hotel seemed half empty so wasn't noisy at all. Very limited plane or street noise.

I really only have two complaints about this hotel. The parking is outrageous at $18 a night, the garage is miles from the front desk and most of the rooms and the fact that they charge a high fee for internet access even if you have your own laptop. I've stayed at much cheaper hotels, even hotels in the Hilton family that offer free Internet access and use of a computer if you don't have one.

• Liked — Room Comfort
  • Disliked — High fees for parking and internet access
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Buyorsell888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Korean first
north carolina
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We had an overnight layover and selected this site based on other travelers' comments. It's not the Ritz but it is quite pleasant and the service is excellent. The complex is spacious, nice for getting some breathing room after a long flight. The dining room is expensive but the food was of excellent quality and preparation. There is a well-equipped and decent sized workout room and if the weather is cooperative a large, landscaped outdoor pool. The airport shuttle is on demand and only takes a few minutes between points.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank smallpebbles
NorthWest
Reviewed 8 September 2007

Glad to see security has improved compared to the last two stays at this hotel. On this trip - the wing doors that opened to the street were locked and required the room key for access at least twice at 9pm; the pool/jacuzzi gate now required a room key (although the doors to the courtyard / pool area did not).

On the other hand - the evening after I checked out I returned and was still able to access the hotel wings, the pool, and the fitness room with the same room key. For kicks I should have checked if it still worked on the room - but I didn't.

Overall the stay was quite nice with clean facilities and comfortable rooms - although the room fan was quite loud and annoying and I had to turn it off to get some sleep.

• Stayed September 2007
2 Thank miruca
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 24 August 2007

I gave the Hilton a rating of 3 given the rates they charge (over $200/night). For the priceline rate I got, I'd give it a 4.5 or a 5 (in comparison with other hotels which list that rate on their websites)

The Hilton airport (right across from the Seattle airport) is rated a 3* and in my experience, is a pretty good hotel for that level (and for the rate we got -$65; the priceline rate for the hotel was much higher, as was the lowest rate on the Hilton web page). The airport shuttle is free and was quick for us, with a great driver who was very helpful with all our luggage. He was also great about answering questions, giving helpful advice, and so on.

The hotel was very nice, although the layout was not terrific: there are two different buildings with rooms, and the pool and fitness rooms are in the center of one. To get to them from the other building, you have to walk back through the lobby, past the restaurant, and past the conference rooms. The pool is fairly decent for a hotel pool ( lap swimming would be possible - it's rectangular) although it's probably only about 10-12 yards long); the hottub as well. Towels were provided at the pool. I didn't use the (free) fitness room but there seemed to be a large number of machines as I walked past (didn't look closely so can't comment on quality). The rooms around the pool likely suffer from pool noise, but we were in the other building. I suspect the rooms in the building without the pool get a lot of traffic noise - we were on the backside, away from International Blvd, but the loading dock was outside our window. We left fairly early but there were already a couple of trucks. Other than that, however, noise was non-existent. We were able to pick up free wireless, although it wasn't the Hilton's (they charge). Obviously, any time you use any wireless, you shouldn't be putting in credit card numbers and other sensitive information.

The rooms were fine - we didn't get a mini-bar (which we appreciated) but there was a refrigerator. The furnishings seemed pretty new - at least, they didn't look old and dreary. The Hilton's shampoo/conditioner/shower gel were very perfumed which wasn't a plus - I was glad I brought my own (why they think most customers would want such perfumed toiletries is beyond me). The sheets were very nice and soft, with a duvet over the comforter (either down or down-alternative). The rooms weren't overly spacious but were fine, unless someone wanted to hold a business meeting or something (iif we had had a king-size bed (we requested 2 doubles), there might have been a bit more space). Housekeeping was helpful. The Hilton was quick to bring up a suitcase (as soon as the airline delivered it) that the airline had failed to get onto our flight.

We paid $65 plus about $17 in extra taxes and fees, which was a decent deal, given that the Motel 6's in the area charge close to that per night. We didn't try the restaurant or the coffee cart. One of the coffee cups in the little coffee maker in the room was obviously not clean (a few coffee drips right on the top edge, so the housekeeper had failed to check it!) but that was the only negative for the room.

Parking at the Hilton will set you back $18/night (that may not include about $3 in taxes) but we were able to park at the Clarion right next door for about $7.50 plus almost $3 in taxes (they advertise that they allow "airport" parking). They do fill up (morning seminars need parking) so get there as early as possible; you do have in-and-out privileges (not sure if you have that at the Hilton) as they give you a card to put on your dashboard; the card is not time stamped so you should have until midnight of the last day you pay for. The Clarion's parking is pretty close and for some rooms, is likely closer than the Hilton's.

• Stayed August 2007
3 Thank lazzlazz
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 August 2007

We have stayed at the Hilton at the Seattle Airport four times, and each has been a very pleasureable experience. The rooms are big, the beds comfy, and the staff is pleasant. They have free coffee in room, dryer, iron/board, and in room PPV movies. The drawbacks are: $18/nt self park and very expensive bar/restaurant. I solidly recommend this hotel to anyone with business south of downtown Seattle.

• Liked — Room size & quality
  • Disliked — Expensive food & drink, high parking charges
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Va
Reviewed 26 July 2007

This hotel is not only conveniently located, it is also clean and very comfortable. I stayed for two nights for work. I checked in early and got a room facing the airport. Initially, I was concerned about the noise, but I didn't hear a thing all night or even in the morning. Also, the bathroom is updated, clean and actually quite large. Parking was a bit expensive at $18 a day, but it was a nice parking facility that was easy to get to through the conference area. My only 2 complaints are that they charge for internet use in the business center and that the pillows were slightly musty. It may have been the result of a humid day or two because otherwise, the place was very clean. I had breakfast at Spencers and really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. For $15.00 it was certainly worth it. The concierge was very helpful and one gentleman with a beard offered the best advice in terms of downtown parking and attractions. He was kind enough to steer me away from tourist traps as well. A younger fellow was not as helpful and I ended up spending quite a bit for parking. Had I talked to this other gentleman first, I would have saved a bundle. However, everyone at the hotel was kind, professional and very very welcoming. There was super easy access to downtown Seattle from the hotel. I would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Musty pillows
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 23 July 2007

Booked this room through Priceline for July 2007 stay for about $66 including taxes. The parking price noted in other reviews is true to a point. It is now either $18 for self park or $22 for valet parking. I currently live in a very large city and was shocked by the parking fee. The pay per WiFi is pretty pathetic. Don't touch the Fiji water in the room. It is $4.00.

I realize that I paid a small fee for the room, but I did not expect Hilton to take it (I was hoping for a Courtyard by Marriott or something similar). They did not have to accept my price, but they did. And what they provided was pretty substandard for a Hilton. I don't think I have ever stayed in a smaller room. The beds were very comfortable, though.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family