“THE closest to the airport and surprisingly quiet”

Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Lookout Mountain, GA
“THE closest to the airport and surprisingly quiet”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

First the front desk staff were more than helpful. I checked in, retuned my car to Dollar (off site from airport), took the shuttle back to the airport, called the hotel for shuttle service back to the hotel and this all took me about 20 min. That included filling the car up with gas. The front desk staff gave me excellent directions!
They have 24 hr shuttle service so getting to the airport for my 6:40am flight the next morning was a breeze. They leave every 30 min. The entrance to the airport is directly across the street from the hotel.
I sat at the bar for dinner since I'm on East coast time and the dinning room wasn't open yet. I had the 3 little hamburgers and they were excellent! The bar snack was a generous portion of your very own tortilla chips and salsa. There are couches over stuffed chairs in front of a fireplace in the bar area so you don't have to sit "at the bar" or even at one of the tables to enjoy the time and relax.
I had a sleep number king bed that was very comfortable and even though my room faced the airport I had a quiet night of sleep. The room is very nicely furnished; not worn and very clean.
I didn't park overnight, but the person checking in before me did and it cost her $10.00. No hang tag no parking entry code or card required, just a parking lot…..just saying.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Really good cafe - restaurant great time speaking with the head Chef

• Stayed November 2011
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Nice hotel, friendly staff, great shuttle service back-and-forth to the Airport.
Restauarant and Bar on site and others within walking distance. Also within walking distance to the Airport

Room Tip: Back of hotel is quite
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Hoorah to Radisson Hotels for having the Sleep-Number beds at their Seattle Airport location!
This hotel has been around for a while and has had several name changes in it's time. However, it is apparent that it has gone through an extensive renovation upon Radisson's acquisition. My room 619, was very close to the elevator, had newer dark walnut furniture with a wrap-around desk and large flat screened television. The sleep-number bed is heavenly and guarantees you a good night's sleep. I also had free wifi in my room, and coffee/maker/liquid Coffee Mate, which I used since I had no time for breakfast.
This property is perfect for anyone flying in or out of Sea-Tac on short notice. The location is directly across the street, and if a person wanted, they could actually walk from the airport to the hotel. Of greater importance, the hotel is right next door to "13 Coins" restaurant, a five-star Seattle staple. When everything else is closed, 13 Coins is open and serving breakfast to dessert--sit at the chef's bar!
The Radisson also provides free airport shuttle service on the half hour. If you are tight for time, get down to the lobby early as the shuttle driver doesn't like to be rushed.
I highly recommend this Sea-Tac hotel over all the rest for its quality, location, and amenities.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We often stay overnight in Seattle when we travel to or from Alaska. Usually we stay at the nearby HIlton, but when I went online on our return trip I checked tripadvisor to see if there was a less expensive but decent alternative. Glad I did. There is a discounted rate for Alaskans, which is a nice touch. No need to worry about a shuttle because it,s a short, safe 5 minute walk to the terminal building. I requested an upper floor suite away from the traffic noise of International Blvd. The room was ready when we checked in at an early 1:30PM...another nice touch. Lovely view of Mount Rainier as well.
Excellent eatery next door...13 Coins...which has to be the best place near an airport we have ever eaten at. You can get a bottle of wine delivered to your room upon arrival for about 10 bucks. Clean Room, good bed, quiet room, what more can one ask? Oh yeah, the price was $100 cheaper as well. We will definitely overnight here again on our next trip "outside".

Room Tip: Request upper floor on East side of hotel,away from airport and trraffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 September 2011

If only it were not for the beds!! They were awful - I have gone almost a full decade w/o lower back pains - they returned in one night after sleeping on the most awful beds I have ever encountered! My parents also stayed at the hotel and complained about the beds as well.
We had rooms with two double beds. The beds were sleep number numbers beds - first night me and my husband tried one bed - changing the numbers all around - did not help. Felt like we were camping on our air mattress! The second night I had one bed he had the other - not any better. Third night we tried the other bed together - bad bad bad!
Other than that it was just fine!
I did enjoy the fabulous water pressure in the shower.
It is directly across the street from the airport and a 10-min door to door (including buying your tkts) to walk to the Light Link Rail. Just head right out of the parking lot and walk for 7-min and you will hit the entrance to the Rail station. Another 3-min to get tkts and get the actual platform. Then it was a 40-min ride into Seattle - $5.50 for a RT ticket.
We had a room facing the street and airport - I could not hear any street or airport noise. But if you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for a room on the other side - which only faces a parking lot so at least the street noise might be a little less, though again I didn't hear anything.
Within walking distance of the hotel there is limited food selections...Denny's, Jack in the Box, a BBQ place, Subway, Tully's Coffee and a few other restaurants next to the other hotels.
They did set out coffee in the lobby every morning with to-go cups.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iluvgreen
FrontOfficeMgr18118, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our hotel. We are glad that you found the location convenient and that you found the room to be quiet. While many of our guests do enjoy the Sleep Number Beds, we do realize that they are not for everyone. We do have rooms available with more traditional mattresses, which may be requested when making your reservation. We do hope that we can welcome you back soon to a more restful night!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed overnight, following an Alaskan cruise RT Seattle. Our flight was for 7am, so we wanted a hotel close to the airport and this was the closest. We were impressed with the shuttle service, the helpful front desk check in crew, and our room was wonderful. Everything was first class, from the computer desk and well designed and comfortable rolling chair to the number of places to put luggage and other articles. We had a sleep number bed with lots of pillows, great bath amenities, excellent shower with raised sitting area in the back of tub and a really well designed shower head, coffee maker, and a window that opened to let us feel the cool, fresh air, and hear the patter of rain. We used the free shuttle to take us to the Light Rail to take a trip downtown to Pike Mkt. and Pioneer Square. Easy, simple, quick. When we ret. on the Light Rail, we called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up within 5 minutes. We had supper in the dining room and enjoyed a fantastic grilled chicken and pasta, with artichokes and grilled tomatoes and mushrooms....served with a wonderful cheese bread. Oh yes, we were served a free appetizer....smoked salmon with a special sauce. Wow.....superb !!! The next am, we took the shuttle to the airport for our flight back to Texas. It is as if someone at Radisson said "let's design a hotel that meets the needs of the folks staying here.....for comfort, cleanliness, good food, service, safety, and appeal. Impressed with Seattle's Airport Radisson Hotel....you bet and we recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Altho we had a room on the front, and could hear the planes take off, we slept great. But, you migh...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ggof4
GeneralManager18118, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share details of your experiences in our hotel, as well as Seattle. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit to our great city in advance of your cruise.

I have posted your comments on our in-house communication center, as our staff does enjoy reading comments such as yours from our past guests. It really does make a difference.

Thank you also for staying with us, and we do hope to see you once again if your travels bring you back to Seattle.