“Good choice for stay near Seattle/Tacoma Airport”

Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had a nice stay at his hotel. Hotel is just across the street and is an easy walk from the airport. I felt a little silly taking the shuttle after realizing just how close we were to the hotel from the airport. Check in was quick, friendly, and efficient. I was headed to my room in less than 2 minutes. One of the guest elevators was still out of service as noted in prior reviews, but they did have a service elevator available. For the times that I needed to use the elevators, there were no problems using the single guest elevator that was in service and I didn't encounter any delays. My room faced the back of the hotel and was quiet. Ordered breakfast from room service in the morning and the delivery person was very friendly and personable. Food was also very good and I felt quite reasonable for room service prices. The photos of the guest room was an accurate depiction of what I got in terms of the room I stayed in. My only disappointment was upon my departure. I went to the front desk to check out. While there were 3 agents standing at the desk, they didn't seem exactly interested in helping me. Once one of the ladies looked up, she rather shortly asked, "Didn't you get a bill in your room this morning?" I told her I needed to get an updated bill with my breakfast charges detailed for expense reporting purposes. She then printed me a "charge receipt" that did not have a detailed billing of expenses. I asked for a detailed folio which she then quickly accommodated. Upon departing, I didn't really feel that this particular front desk agent appreciated my business -- didn't even get a "thank you for staying with us." It's a little disappointing that the last impression I had of the hotel was a negative one, otherwise, the hotel was very good, overall.

Room Tip: Room facing the back of the hotel was quiet and allowed for a very restful sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HNL808HNL
CarolynSFOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you found us a good choice near the SeaTac Airport. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service at check out. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I went to Seattle recently on vacation and stayed at the Radisson. Overall, it was a decent hotel with some big pros and big cons.

Pros: very close to the airport, literally across the street with a complimentary shuttle to and from; very comfy beds and pillows; very clean; fairly quiet - we hardly heard any noise, even though it was full; within walking distance (about 7 minutes) to the light rail or bus stop; oddly, even though food was high, the liquor prices were reasonable.

Cons: very pricey restaurant with no other options within walking distance - breakfast is $15 per person or a la carte with $4 sausage. I asked about vouchers toward meals and was told they stopped giving these last month; the elevators are under construction, so there is only 1 working and it takes forever - we waited 5 minutes for the elevator with our luggage the day we left. (This doesn't sound like long, but at most hotels, an elevator arrives within 45 seconds); the money they hold ($25 per day) for "incidentals" gets debited from your account until you check out. We were there 4 nights and were very surprised to see we had $100 less to spend than we thought we did.

If you are looking for a somewhat inexpensive stay close to public transit that is clean and you won't be there much, it is a good choice. If you're looking for all-inclusive, luxury or great customer service, I'd look elsewhere.

Room Tip: When booking a room, their hotel says (guest) in parentheses. I have no idea what this means other...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JES0122

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to read that you enjoyed our convenient location. We thank you for your feedback regarding the value of the restaurant and are sorry that the incidental hold was not properly explained to you. Based upon past guest feedback, we are currently in the process of completely modernizing our elevators. We expect the first brand new elevator to open within the next couple of weeks. We look forward to welcoming you back to a better experience on your next stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are using Seatac and want convenience and comfort, than this is great, but it doesn't offer much else.

Very clean and comfortable modern rooms. Pool is old and dated but fine for a quick dip. Fitness room has everything you want for a basic workout, but not fancy.

Customer service is poor however and restaurant is expensive which is surprising with other options in the area.

Double Tree has a great restaurant, as does the Hilton. For pubs, nothing beats Roasters which is only a block away.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the airport and road. Odd numbered rooms are much quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DanielKOBrien
CarolynSFOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

We thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and our convenient location and clean and comfortable rooms. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. We do hope that we can exceed your expectations for service on your next stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Not my fav. First checking in front desk lady didn't tell us much, like where elevators are to get to rooms. Just handed us our room key. Thought that seemed weird right off the bat. Not the normal greeting, checking in I'm used to. Then realized later she never said any think about parking or asked us to fill out vehicle info. Got worried my car might get towed so went back to front desk and sure enough they have something you need to place on ur dash... Rooms are just out dated. I judge a room on if I feel comfortable & I didn't here. Oh and my TV kept going black for a few secs about every 5 mins. No hot tub :( no mini fridge for my left over pizza :( no free breakfast of cookies when u check in :( never saw a vending machine :( asked for late check out & got the ok until 3 . Went down to car to get something & when return my key no longer worked :( oh and they have urns for decor in the lobby, lol! ...overall I expected better & would look for something diff next time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CarolynSFOM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. The issues that you mentioned are not normal or acceptable occurrences by our standards and we appreciate your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our second time staying at this Radisson, and what a disappointment it was! The elevators were not working, the sliding door was been worked on when we arrived and the "suite" was not at all we expected, specially for the amount we paid! Before we arrived to Seattle, we were in Portland, OR and were staying at the Radisson PDX, in a suite, and there was a quite a difference in the hotel room between Radisson PDX and Radisson Sea-Tac. My husband and I decided that we will NEVER AGAIN stay st the Radisson Sea-Tac!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very sorry that the suite you reserved was not what you expected. We are in the process of modernizing our elevators which is why one of our main guest elevators is currently shut down for these improvements. We anticipate our first brand new elevator opening for guest use within the next month. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to a much better experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent a night at this hotel before departing Seattle the next day. It is clearly meant to be a business commuter's venue, and is nice but not lavish. It's not hugely expensive either, and is conveniently located near the airport.

The rooms are modern and clean, but are a bit sparsely appointed. There's a desk with a chair, another chair, a small bench seat, and a single king bed. That's pretty much it- and in that sense it's not so much a family oriented hotel. This fits with the marketing and location. Staff was efficient and professional, and there's express checkout- also in line with a business lodging where you don't have time to mess around.

What doesn't really fit is some of the amenities. From our room on the 4th floor, the wifi in this place was terrible- for all intents and purposes it might as well not exist. This is a bit odd since you'd expect it to be top notch for business travelers that might have to work from their rooms. The room lacked a safe and fridge, and despite the king bed is obviously meant for single-occupancy due to sheer lack of seating.

Parking is not free, but not ridiculously expensive either. You can get a day permit for $15. I do think it should be free though, especially considering how much sheer space was available. It's not like it's costing them a ton to maintain that parking lot, and not like they're sharing with anyone or space is at a premium.

I got the strong impression that this hotel is meant to be a spot for someone to go and sleep, get up the next morning and leave. You're not supposed to actually do anything here. In that regard it is somewhat convenient due to its close proximity to seatac. However, it's a bit expensive even considering that- I think I'd sooner stay in a nearby motel (of which there are also plenty) which is cheaper and offers a bed that's just as nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We apologize you were not satisfied with the amenities and the Internet during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Radisson for one night before departing on the Amtrak for Vancouver. The rooms were nice, and the restaurant decent, however we had a negative experience with the shuttle driver who felt it appropriate to drop multiple obscenities in front of our 4 year old while loading the luggage at the airport. We notified the front desk and they did seem sympathetic, sending our room a complimentary fruit and cheese plate for the inconvenience. While that was a nice gesture I hope they do address it with management, we're not prudish about language but this was quite excessive.

Stayed: June 2014
Fabienne R, Front Desk Supervisor at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to letting us know about your experience. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your guest room and our restaurant rbg Bar & Grill. I apologize for the service that you mentioned receiving from one of our employees. This type of experience is unacceptable and I guarantee that this is not our Radisson Standard. I have forwarded your concern to the Front Desk Manager for additional review. We look forward to your next stay.