“Great Service and Staff!”

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I stay at this hotel often when traveling from Alaska. The courtesy shuttle service to and from the airport is excellent. I have always found the staff to be professional, helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

Reviewed 24 March 2010

This was my first time seeing or staying at this hotel. I have to say I was pretty shocked upon pulling up in the parking lot...the hotel could best be called orange. WOW. I was a little nervous about what the inside would be like, but was pleasantly surprised. It had typical decor, amenities and rooms.

I stay at Red Lion hotels pretty often and have found there to be a range of what they offer. I would say this one falls right in the middle. There were no glaring flaws (carpets were clean, room was average size, decor was farily modern) or amazing features (parking was outside, view was parking lot).

We didn't eat at the restaurant which was in the parking lot, outside the hotel, so I can't weigh in on that. There was very little plane noise throughout the night, but I could hear some in the morning. But considering that this hotel is literally across the street from the airport, so that's to be expected. I was a little disapointed that I was charged $10 for outdoor, self parking. Perhaps this is an airport hotel standard.

All in all, it was about what I would expect from an airport hotel...close, convenient, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2010

This hotel is probably one of the closest to the airport, yet outside noise wasn't a problem.
The room and bathroom were huge. There was a lot of noise from the plumbing, but wasn't a problem considering I only stayed for one night.
The decor is very nice, without a floral carpet, or duvet anywhere in sight.
They offer a no frills breakfast at the diner next door. They could use a few more light bulbs in the dining area.
Overall, this place offers great value for the money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I stayed at the Red Lion only for one night before moving to a hotel downtown. I was getting in late and I wanted a place close to the airport and Hotwire gave me the Red Lion for $54.

They share a shuttle bus with a parking lot--Master Park Lot A (watch out, there are several different Master Park lots), so the shuttles come frequently. Check in took just a minute. ABC was not coming in on my TV in my room and this was a big problem for me since I had a football game to watch the next morning. I called the front desk and he sent someone up to move me to another room right away. I thought that was excellent service.

The rooms were relatively large and clean. The internet was relatively good for hotel internet and it was free. I ordered room service for breakfast (they have a room service deal with the restaurant next store) and it came on-time and it was very good. When I called the front desk for a taxi, they recommended a town car instead, which was cheaper, so I was pleased about that.

The only problem was that there was no hot water when I took a shower. This was unfortunate, but overall I was still pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Beware room 2008 and vicinity around the fitness center. We arrived late and all seemed to go as planned. Waited around 10 minutes for the shuttle at the airport (probably just missed the previous one). Check-in was painless enough and our room was clean/tidy/modern.

At 4:00 am the room's alarm clock went off blaring. With our late arrival didn't think to check it. Then at 5:52 am, before the fitness center was even supposed to be open, some heavy adult male decides to run a half-marathon on the treadmill. Not only was it loud (walls are thin and even thinner when you SHARE A WALL WITH THE FITNESS CENTER) but the vibrations shook the bed and table. Ridiculous that this room is even offered as somewhere as any but a heavily discounted last resort. The clerk in the morning was clearly aware of the problem with this room but offered no further compensation (I can't get the sleep back anyway!) Would have been nice if the reception at night would have also received the memo. Will be following up for sure.

Besides the inability for fatigued travellers to get a decent nights' sleep this would have been a nice stay to finish out our 19 day trip. Instead it was the low point of the trip by far. Not impressed and so cannot recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We stayed here one nite because we had a long layover to Seatac. Room was big, bathroom nice and roomy. Dont know what other people saw, I thought it was pretty modern looking. Would stay again, even for more than 1 nite!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Short but sweet. The cleanliness is excellent, we didn't like the night waitress and shower stopper didn't work. So my husband and I couldn't take a hot bath together. When my husband took a shower he had to unscrew the stopper just to take a shower because then it stopped up the water!!! what the hell? We will not ever stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple